March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check In (8/13)

I think we missed this last week - check in for ladies with due dates 3/10-3/16. 

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? 
Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: 2012
BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed

Re: Week 2 Check In (8/13)

• Options
    Due date: March 25

Any appointments? Questions?: Got a high risk OB appointment today and regular OB appointment tomorrow. Not excited to see what extra monitoring comes this time.

Rants/Raves?: I'm not sure, I'm too tired to think of any.

How are you feeling?: Pretty bad. So fatigued. So much nausea. Constant headache. Just wiped out.

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? "Check with your DH" comments. We're trying to get our front door replaced and I was making an appointment to have someone come by. DH and I work opposite schedules and he does not like to be the one to deal with these things (nor do I, really...). The secretary asked me if I had a DH, and when HE would be available for an appointment. I said he wouldn't. Made the appointment. The sales guy was just as bad. I couldn't believe it. Moved on to home depot instead.
  • Options
    @litzi-2 if you’re March 25 you might be looking for the week 4 check in! Also that is also one of my pet peeves. Rude. 

Due date: March 15

Next appt is next Monday for prelude testing 
    Rants/Raves?: 
    I’m a rage monster and my husband is scared for his life
    How are you feeling?: 
    Crabby. I was anxious as my ultrasound was at 6+5 (hb 117) but I dug out my Home Doppler and found the hb within 5 min right at 9 weeks so I feel better. I couldn’t find it after that searching for about 20 minutes so I don’t recommend trying this early (baby didn’t like it obviously and hid) bc if you can’t find it you will freak out. But I’m a nut.
    Rn? My husband won’t stop farting. Look for me on ID deadly women 

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 
    March 11

First OB appointment on Friday. What kind of questions should a FTM ask? I feel like I am going to forget something important!

Rants/Raves?: 
    I feel like all I'm doing is sleeping, and yet, I am still tired! I can't wait for this often mentioned second trimester energy!

How are you feeling?: 
    Tired, easily grumpy, and mildly nauseous. 

My current biggest pet peeve is that my co-worker keeps asking me questions when she could just find out the answer on Google. It's questions like how do I export a Google sheet into an Excel document. It's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: 3/14

Any appointments? Questions?: blood work tomorrow for genetics/gender. I also plan to ask why my prenatal says “stop taking two weeks before surgery”. I’m concerned about the implications it could have with my other medication. 

Rants/Raves?:
    Rave: super excited to confirm a healthy babe and start consistently calling it Calliope or Connor. I think DD is getting confused lol
    Rant: MIL watches DD and was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She has it under control but today she is super sick (symptoms consistent with too high sugar) but didn’t tell us until a couple hours after we left for work. Frustrating to have to turn around when I could have just worked from home today. 

How are you feeling?: uggggg. 

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? Either things MIL does (for example pumping DD full of sugary foods and drinks against our wishes and despite her so called nutrition classes following said diabetes diagnosis) OR the ridiculous way DH stacks dishes in the sink. I’m a stacker too but I try to do them biggest to smallest, cups in one area, silverware and knives visible and pointing the same way, etc. He just does whatever’s first so you end up with some booby trapped crapshoot of dishes and you’re not sure if it’s going to shift and crush a glass or end up stabbing yourself. 

Also, apparently I am the only one who missed the check in last week lol.

@flyingmombula LOL I totally thought you were calling @litzi-2 rude for checking in on this post and was like damn you are a rage monster!! But I agree that BS is so annoying. Um hello, welcome to 2018, the future when women can make decisions on behalf of their family! 
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Due date: 
    March 12

No appointments until the 24th.

Rants/Raves?: 
    I don't do first trimester well and am so tired ofof puking and feeling exhausted and miserable. It's lucky I just moved and am not working because I wouldn't be able to.

How are you feeling?: 
    Sick.  Landed myself in the ER fir IV fluids after not keeping anything down yesterday.  I had been throwing up a few times a day but was able to eat at least two small meals until yesterday.

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? Everything is a per peeves lately, lol.

• Options
    @litzi-2 we are actually replacing our front door too and I am SO excited. We just made the appointment request at Lowe’s to have them come measure and estimate the installation. It’s going to be sooooo nice - right now our doors don’t even match each other, one is wood and one is metal, they are slightly different thicknesses and the panels dont line up. Not sure what the previous owners were smoking!! 
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: 
    3/13
    First OB appointment this Friday.
    Rants/Raves?: 
    Potty training is way easier in some aspects and way harder in others then people tell you. 
    How are you feeling?: 
    Physically it depends on the day but mentally I’m so anxious for Friday.
    People that are disrespectful of others, particularly when people are late for something like a meeting, I find that to be extremely frustrating. I have the opposite problem though, I’m always super early for everything! 
    ETA auto correct 
  • Options

Due date: 3-15 (Drs going with 3-12 based off LMP, but lo measured right on with my previous estimate of 3-15, so I’m sticking with that).

Any appointments? Questions?: had my dating scan Friday and got to see lo and hear a strong heart beat! Next appointment 8-28

Rants/Raves?: So super over the nausea/sickness...

How are you feeling?: tired, nauseous (occasionally sick), sore and bigger boobs.

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? People who drive slow in the fast lane! MOVE people! 

@southerngirlinwi yes! I hate when someone asks me something they could easily google!

@mamakate1616 I’m with you on getting frustrated with grandparents and being overly indulgent with sugar!

@Pooka8 hope you’re feeling better soon!

• Options
    Due date:
    - March 10th

- Appointment with my OB tomorrow. No questions right now.

Rants/Raves?: 
    - No rants or raves that I can think of.

How are you feeling?: 
    - I am feeling decent. I am getting little bouts of nausea, but eating usually fixes that. I have been getting head aches in the evenings, but those are manageable.

- I have a ton. If I had to choose one, it's people being inconsiderate or not owning up to their mistakes. It doesn't take much to say sorry (but it has to be meant). 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone! This is my first check in because I just got my due date today!

Due date: 3/16

Appointments: I had one today! First official appointment with ultrasound.

Rants/Raves: I wish that they would have turned on the volume during the ultrasound to see if we could hear the heartbeat! I only found out I could have asked for that after the fact. Also, going back to work while in the first trimester is really hard!!

How are you feeling: Overall I’m doing well. Still experiencing fatigue but it has gotten more manageable. I experience some nausea but nothing severe and it’s usually temporary. I do have some food aversions, which occasionally make me queasy.

GTKY: Everything annoys me now that I’m pregnant lol. Some of my biggest pet peeves are people who are inconsiderate drivers (everyone in Florida) and people who don’t do their jobs at my office (creates more work for me). 
  • Options
    Due date: 3-12-2019

Next appointment is 8/29, and DH will be there this time, so I'm excited. We will also likely go wide with the news if this appointment goes alright, so I think we're both anxious for it to be here already!

Rants/Raves?: 
    Slight rant- I'm starting to show, but not enough that people would automatically assume I'm pregnant. So, I'm feeling really self conscious right now because I feel like everyone must just think I'm getting fat. 

How are you feeling?: 
    I thought I was turning a corner with my nausea/dry heaves/vomiting, but then got hit with one of the worst waves yet this morning. Haven't been able to keep anything down, but doing my best to stay hydrated. I was really hoping to get into a better exercise routine this week, but I'm feeling so awful I know there's no way I'm getting to the gym today. FX that tomorrow will be a better day

I'm right there with you @southerngirlinwi

My DH has a terrible habit for asking me for the address for places that I'm unsure why he can't just Google himself. I get it if I'm asking you to meet me somewhere and there are multiple locations. But you ask me where to meet me and I tell you the name of the restaurant, and there is only one place by that name in the city of Chicago, your Google works the same as mine, bud!....maybe I should have added cranky to the how I'm feeling segment, lol!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I think I've missed the last few weeks. We went on family vacation and then the school year started, so getting back into the swing of things at work. 

Due date: 3/14

Any appointments? Questions?: My FIRST appointment is tomorrow and I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER! 

Rants/Raves?: My DD (15 months) came down with a bad fever yesterday and feels awful. I ended up taking a half-day of work. I'm so sad she doesn't feel well, but I kind of love the extra snuggles I've been getting. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and gassy and tired. The tired is probably more the toddler's fault than the baby's though. The nausea is helped if I eat early and eat often. 

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? Arrogant people irk me and people who don't use their turn signals. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    stephorgutzstephorgutz member
    edited August 2018
    Due date: 3.12

Any appointments? Questions?: not until next Friday! I can't wait to hear that little heartbeat this time

Rave: DH has been so awesome at picking up my slack while I'm sick. He is getting me pretty much any food I can stomach at any time, letting me sleep in and doing all cooking/housework.
  • Options

Due date: 3/10/19

Any appointments? Questions?: met with the midwife office today. Better vibes than the OB Gyn office. Looked into hypno birthing.. Seems interesting. Unsure how to get the most bang for my buck in wanting a no epidural birth : doula? Hypno birthing? Idk.

Rants/Raves?: agree with @stephorgutz  that the supportive spouse is amazing.

How are you feeling?: sick and tired. 

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? Being called pet names like sweetie by people I don't know. I know people who do this are trying to be nice but it feels disrespectful to me. 
  • Options
    @govanalyst86 right?! 

Also, I don't have personal experience with doulas but know 2 and and if I were to go that route, I'd say a doula is a must! 
  • Options
    @govanalyst86 I had a doula for DS delivery and don’t think I’ll have one this time around (still planning to go med free). I was very inward focused during delivery and didn’t feel like the doula was all that helpful for me. My sister on the other hand used one for her first two deliveries and swore by her!
  • Options
    @lucysmom2016 @southerngirlinwi @lelkcot  Have you heard about the "Let Me Google That For You" website? (https://lmgtfy.com/). It's my favorite response when someone messages me an easy-to-find question and I'm feeling particularly snarky. :)
  • Options
    @heytherefriend Ha! Yes! If my co-worker wasn't so sensitive, I'd probably send it to her. Unfortunately, she is easily flustered; so, I usually just hold my snark and help her.
  • Options
    Pooka8Pooka8 member
    edited August 2018
    I just logged in for the first time on a desktop in probably 4 years.  I hadn't even realized I still have an image of my oldest (2 then, now 7) :)  Ironically, that picture was taken when I was only a few weeks pregnant with her little sister.

• Options
    @mamakate1616 I know, ours is so bad too I can't wait. Current door looks awful. Its wood and has so many holes drilled in it for former knockers and who knows what else. How has the experience been with Lowe's? I should have checked with them too they're usually really good.
  • Options
    @litzi-2 not really sure yet. The store associate definitely didn’t want to help us this weekend, but when we were there a few weeks ago the person who helped us was great. We’re still waiting on them to comeback to measure and then it’s supposed to be about a month for the door to come in  :| 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 ugh, I know. its hit or miss here too. we had the measurements finally (he only measured one of the two doors, so i guess were only replacing the one right now...) and now need to reconfirm everything and set another date for the door. its taking forever
  • Options
    Due date:  3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my first appointment on the 13th!  The baby looks great and the heartbeat was strong, so I'm feeling great.

Rants/Raves?:  The doc put me on Bonjesta and after feeling super groggy for the first couple of days, I'm finally feeling better and the nausea has definitely decreased.  Yay!  I may even be ready to start working out again.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good!  The only thing that has me down is the impending arrival of ALL of my inlaws next week.  It's for DD2's b-day party, but still.  

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? When people don't ask for help.  I'm currently dealing with that with my new boss at work and it's screwing everything up. JUST ADMIT YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING, IT WILL BE OK.
  • Options
    Due date: 3/12

Any appointments? Questions?: First ultrasound was on 8/3 - yay!

Rants/Raves?: Rant: My OB's office schedules their first appointment for anytime between 8-12 weeks. I had my first OB appointment with ultrasound scheduled for today (at 10 weeks, 3 days) back when I first found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. I got a call 2 weeks later saying the provider would be out of the office that day and they didn't have any availability again until August 31 (12 weeks, 3 days)! Because of that I asked my ultrasound to be moved up ;). I asked if they wanted to do any blood-work early since they had to delay the appointment but they said they'd order everything at the first appointment. I've felt a little lost, luckily I have some background knowledge from PA school. But still!

How are you feeling?: Totally fine! Just some fatigue!

GTKY: what’s your biggest pet peeve? Grammar issues! I've always been a grammar nerd. When people say things like "I seen that!" it drives me up the wall >_<