Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Thursday 8/16

Because we've been talking about Fall coming soon...

What was your favorite Halloween costume you wore as a child?

Re: GTKY Thursday 8/16

• Options
    I loved my poodle skirt costume that my Mom sewed for me. It was so much fun twirling round and round in it!

My Mom sewed a lot of our costumes when we were kids. She made a pumpkin, Princess Leia, scarecrow, witch and I'm sure a bunch more I'm forgetting. 
  • Options
    loooove that gif! 

I think my fave was my "I Dream of Jeannie" genie outfit that my grandma made
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo OMG. Pleeeeeease find a pic!

• Options
    I was a witch, every year, for as long as i can remember...guess it was just the easiest costume to throw together...

@lillywonderland I do love Hocus Pocus, and it really isn't Halloween until I've watch that movie.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @lillywonderland my mom sewed ur costumes too! I was Pocohantas one year with a great costume. I think nowadays I’d be flamed for non-PC-ness though :/
  • Options
    My nana used to make our costumes when my cousins and I were little.  I think the best one was the witch costume that she made me when I was in third grade.  My favorite costume from college was when my then-boyfriend and I dressed up as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley.  
    We don't get trick-or-treaters at my house since we live on a street without sidewalks and very few street lights.  I think if we did, I would be more into decorating/dressing up for Halloween.  But I do make it a point to watch "Hocus Pocus" with wine and Chinese food at some point during October! 
  • Options
    I went as Pippi Longstocking one year and my mom put pipe cleaners in my braids to make them stand up. Having red hair when you're young is tough but it's super helpful for certain costumes. 
  • Options
    My mom made our costumes too. I loved pretending to be animals, especially cats and dogs, so she made me full-body cat costume complete with hood and ears. I wore it until I outgrew it!
  • Options
    All of your costumes sounds really neat. I did not grow up with Halloween. It was just not something that we ever celebrated back in South Africa. So I did not experience it until I was in my 20's, which it is a whole different experience then. 

@wishiwaspreggo please share a pic if you find one. It sounds like an amazing costume. 
  • Options
    My fave costume was when I was a bride. I felt so pretty! I only dressed up until I was 8 and then just kinda stopped. 
    I went out to a bar when I was 22 I think and went as a referee. The best part was realizing all of the bouncers were dressed the same as me  lol 
  • Options
    Probably one of the one with plastic masks like barbie or something girly.
  • Options
    It was when I was in girl scouts. There was a costume competition. My mom grew up in the 60s. She helped me cut denim to make a jean jacket vest and bell bottom jeans. We sewed on brightly colored geometric patterns. I won the contest. More than anything, it was so much fun making something with and spending time with my mama. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @Avrilmai the same! I love (still do) being a witch 
  • Options
    My mom used to make my costume.  I would decide what I wanted to be the day after Halloween and stuck with it. My mom made this Rainbow Brite costume that was amazing!! (And one year I was a bottle of nail polish—I was weird that year lol)
  • Options
    I am so jealous of all the moms/grandmas who would sew your costumes. I always had a store bought costume and was always SO jealous of the creative costumes moms would help their kids with! 
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    @Swiftlet I'm 40% Indian and I would not be offended. I am white passing though. I'm sure some folks on the reservation would be. It really just depends. Cultural appropriation is such a tricky subject. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN