February 2019 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 8/16

• kayjay44 said:
    I think man buns are terrible.
    Oh god I hope thats a popular opinion. They are terrible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to love the man bun in my youth. Now it makes me gag. 

I don't like (most) pancakes. I'll eat them when I make them at home, but I won't eat them out anywhere. And I won't eat them from a mix (unless it's the TJ's toasted coconut mix). I paid my way through college by working at a dining hall, where I made pancakes over a hot griddle (while hungover) for thousands of (also hungover) college kids for hours and hours and hours every weekend. I can still smell the grill cleaner I used at the end of each shift.
  • Pancakes are AMAZING...I think I’ll have some for dinner tonight lol

also after with the man bun thing!

my UO is I think the whole beard trend is terrible and I hate it 
  • Pretty sure there are more people who dislike man buns than people who like them! It just doesn't always seem that way. Especially in Seattle. 

I hate bicyclists. I neither drive nor bike, and I know cyclists hate drivers and vice versa, but as someone on the outside, cyclists look way more entitled. The amount of times a cyclist has nearly run me over is way higher than cars nearly running me over. Usually because they run red lights while riding in the street and I'm crossing. Because they don't have to follow the same rules as drivers or pedestrian for some reason (they do, they just don't care).
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I watched Jurassic Park (the original) for the first time yesterday. Everything but the music sucks. Same goes for Titanic.
  • So much blasphemy on this thread today!! Pancakes, Jurassic Park, TITANTIC!!!!

Also my husband has a beard and I love it. I never cared for them much before though. He does keep his short and well maintained. I do think only certain guys can pull it off. Like my brother tried to grow a beard and it just looked  weird. Like just went through puberty patchy pube face. 

Man buns are just dumb. 
  • I don’t really like ice cream
  • Yeah I'm all for beards, but they have to be full beards. Any other type of facial hair is a big nope. Mustaches are silly, sideburns make you look older yet somehow immature, goatees are the facial hair style equivalent of cargo shorts. Probably because the venn diagram of men who wear cargo shorts and men who sport goatees is almost just one perfect circle. Give me a well groomed, full beard any day of the week.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • The Jurassic Park franchise is one of my favorites.

I also HATE bikes - they don't follow the rules and are reckless largely.

DH has a beard, but it's short and always trimmed.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Nope, I love a beard! I’m with you @grebretso, on all accounts. I don’t drive or bike either. It might be a PNW thing but they are dicks here! 

Mine is that I’m not really a sweets person, the lack of bread with GD is what is crushing my soul.
  • My favorite reckless biker story is when H and I were walking around a local lake with a bike path and a pedestrian path. You can walk in both directions on the pedestrian path, while the bike path is strictly one way. We were about to cross the bike path to go sit on a bench, and since it's a one way we only looked in one direction. No one were coming, so we started crossing and a woman screamed "Watch where you're going, assholes!". She was coming in full speed on her bike from the wrong direction. There are huge arrows all along the path. When H pointed it out to her, she yelled "fuck you!" and rode off. 

... She had a bike trailer with her toddler in it. Lord have mercy.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Cyclist are the worst. In DC they ride in the middle of the fucking road like they are a car, but don’t follow traffic laws. I hate them almost as much as taxi drivers.
  • I guess hating cyclists wasn't such a UO after all!

It makes me sad because I'd love to ride a bike to work, but I'm terrified of other cyclists. They're so impatient aggressive. If you need to get to your destination THAT fast, just get a friggin car.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso I was clipped by a biker on a walking path and knocked to the ground while walking. Biker didn’t even stop. 

Ive cussed out make a biker at Greenlake  :D

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @kayjay44 Yup, Greenlake is the WORST for obnoxious bikers! I don't understand why. It's a quiet little park with kids and dogs running around, and the path going in a circle, what on earth makes them think that's a good place to practice high speed death wish cycling?
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Yessss! Bikers are terrible! I work in center city, Philadelphia and am more concerned with people on bikes than I am cars and busses. 

The worst is when they decide they’d rather bike on the sidewalk and get mad at you for being in their way. 
  • I had an amazing UO at 2 am. Chose not to write it down. Huge mistake. 
  • I think man buns are fine, but only on certain men. Not all man buns are created equal. 

My rule of thumb: if you look like you could wield a sword and need to man bun to keep your hair out of your face in battle, you’re allowed to wear a man bun. Like, John Snow, you can wear a man bun. Clay Matthews? Believable. Man bun it up. Random hipster guy in a coffee shop? Nope. Not pulling it odd. Cut your hair. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• And if anyone watches Vanderpump Rules, can we all agree that that Patrick guy had the worst man bun of all time?
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• @norweigan, I'm a Bravo junkie! Yes, Patrick's man bun was awful, and he was just all around awful.