April 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 8/12

Our thread for any and all questions this week!
Me: 31
H: 36
L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Questions 8/12

• Options
    mdmommymegsmdmommymegs member
    edited August 2018
    Where are my ladies that don't "feel" pregnant? Anyone else with no symptoms? It makes me nervous. I'm ready for that ultrasound!
  • Options
    Where are my ladies that don't "feel" pregnant? Anyone else with no symptoms? It makes me nervous. I'm ready for that ultrasound!
    It’s day to day for me. Today I don’t feel very pregnant, other than being really irritable and grumpy. Other days I feel a lot more so. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also day to day for me. My breast soreness is the only semi-constant, and stretching cramping a bit. As weird as it sounds I hope I start waking up and running to the bathroom soon, lol. I have much first appt on Thursday with the OB nurse, and I will be 6w1d. Is it strange to ask for a transvaginal ultrasound? I NEED reassurance, I’m driving myself crazy for no reason at all! 
  • Options
    I agree with all of you.  I have a few symptoms but haven't taken a test again.  So  I'm wondering if i should. Any appointments booked for you ladies??  I see my doc on Thursday and I'm hoping for an ultrasound in the next couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    Sorry @bhoop941 just reread your post.  You can always say you're not sure of your date and want a dating ultrasound?  I'll be asking for one. 
  • Options
    @mdmommymegs it's off and on for me the past few days. Other than sore bewbs and being randomly tired I don't have any other symptoms other than light cramping for the first time today. But, I'm at just about 5w so I think it's still very early. I bet the nausea and the rest of the symptoms will kick in eventually! 

Right now I'm just hoping all is well in there. I have an US appointment on Wednesday and another blood test to check hcg levels. Since this appointment is just with my gyn and I need to find a new OB, I shouldn't expect a whole intake battery of questions right? I'm under the impression that will come when I go to the first appointment with the OB?
  • Options
    Same here, today I'm feeling mostly normal.  Biggest symptom so far is just a general icky feeling, not really nauseated but not really hungry or wanting to eat.

My first appointment isn't until Aug 27th, and it can't come soon enough!

@scp2585, I'm not too familiar with different routines, but I can't imagine a gyno would ask all of the prenatal questions/medical history stuff, unless for some reason they take it down to pass on to your OB? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am not having a lot of symptoms either. Nausea off and on, sore bbs here and there, everything comes and goes. Biggest thing that is constant right now is the constipation and waking up in the middle of the night to pee.

• Options
    I have my appointment tomorrow.
    My OB doesn't wait to see women until 8 weeks, but I don't think he will do a scan. I want to ask for one. With my first, I was just really tired in the first trimester. I wouldn't mind some morning sickness. Just a little reassurance the baby is there and growing. I'm thinking about getting a doppler too. 
  • Options
    @scp2585 During my first pregnancy my Gyn did a urine test, blood test to check hcg, and an ultrasound to see if the pregnancy was viable but I don’t remember if they did much else. I was around 5 weeks. They transferred me to my current OB and that office did all of the intake at my first appointment with an exam, medical history, etc. 
  • Options
    My symptoms are off and on but so far nothing like my first which is strange to me. Some times I don't feel pregnant at all. Then other times I'm like, oh yeah. Definitely pregnant. I've taken an other pregnancy test (or three) recently and the line is dark and clearly there so...
  • Options
    Hello!
    I'm a first time mom and wondering where you guys think the best source of pregnancy underwear and maternity clothes is?
    Also, what type of pregnancy pillow is your favorite and where can you get them? (I was so uncomfortable last night! I'm usually a stomach sleeper but my boobs hurt too much!)
  • Options
    @molecularmolly I loved my snoogle last time around. I think you can find them at Babies R Us or Amazon, or pretty much anywhere they sell that stuff. 
    I wore my regular underwear all the way through. I bought maternity clothes online from gap and old navy. And jeans and black pants from JCrew (believe it or not). But this time around I’m going to try renting some from LeTote. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I’m a first time mom and have my first US scheduled at exactly 7 weeks. Is there a chance we will hear a heartbeat that early? Thanks!
  • Options
    Sometimes I dont feel pregnant but then I find myself crying at something completely ridiculous on TV and Im like YUP! There are those pesky hormones!
  • Options
    @tweste22 yes! Usually a heartbeat can be detected around 6 weeks
  • Options
    @molecularmolly I got my pregnancy pillow at BuyBuyBaby, it’s part of Bed Bath & Beyond. Definitely get the bigger one so you’ll support your belly and back in 3rd trimester. Stores that are maternity specific are Motherhood Maternity, Destination Maternity, and Pea in a Pod. And there is a small maternity section in Target. Most stores have maternity online; my faves are Old Navy, Gap, and Loft. I hear H&M has a decent maternity section but haven’t tried anything. Just starting off I recommend getting a Bella band or using the hair tie trick around your pants button. For me, my belly needs to be a little bit bigger to hold up full belly maternity pants. 
  • Options
    @molecularmolly I never had to wear maternity underwear last time.  They usually sit low enough that your belly isn't involved.  I had a snoogle before and H has been using it since - hoping I can steal it away in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    @mdmommymegs meeee!!!!! I distinctly remember starting to feel nausea at 5 weeks with my first so feeling perfectly fine later seems a little worrisome but I’m trying to enjoy whatever time I have of feeling normal while it lasts! I don’t have a US until 9/5!! 
  • Options
    I feel a bit silly even asking knowing how little this little bean is and how deep under fat, muscle, organs etc it is, but my twins jump all over me and plop themselves down on my belly all the time.  I don't have much to worry about right?  Something I'll ask the doc on Thursday but I feel like at a certain point there will be more baby than padding.
  • Options
    @tweste22 absolutely! With DD we heard the heartbeat and saw it at 6 weeks.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    I was just thinking about that today, @mermaidca.  My son climbs all over me, and while I'm sure it's not an issue yet, it definitely will be once there's a belly and a much bigger peanut in there.  I'll be asking my doctor also, curious to hear what yours tells you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Any other mommy’s pregnant with their third( or more) worried about judgement from family members? I go back and forth between excited to tell people and afraid of the negativity since I already have a girl and boy
  • Options
    @baya5, this will be my second, so I can't speak exactly about what you're asking, but I say screw anyone who judges! :-)  This is your family, and your life.  I've always been a fan of putting your own happiness first (although I'm terrible at following my own advice).

That being said, I do have some of that same worry - more about being judged for having kids at all, since I always said I wanted to adopt.  I think most of it is all in my head though, and I know my parents will be thrilled to have another grandchild.

If you're in a healthy place, and this is a positive thing for your family, then let the haters hate and just do your own thing!  To me, three kids never seems like a big family (I come from a family of 8 kids and most of my siblings have 3 kids of their own).  Congratulations on number three!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kaleesi93kaleesi93 member
    edited August 2018
    @gollygeeitsamy I hear raves about target maternity from my mom blogger community! I definitely can't wait to try them! Pink Blush is also fantastic!
    And for my question, I've gotten haircare down to a science with what mine needs and then came oily gross hair all the time now. Literally 24/7.. have any mamas here switched to a better -natural- shampoo that I should know about? 
  • Options
    @molecularmolly I love the target maternity clothes and Motherhood brand. 
  • Options
    thurstoberthurstober member
    edited August 2018
    @baya5 This is my 4th, and I almost hate to type this out because it gives it credence, but I’m wincing thinking about how my family will react. With 3 I already feel like I’m driving a clown car at times. Some people in my husband’s family who think you can tell a child to stop mid-tantrum (they seriously said that — “tell him to stop” like I’d never had that thought before) will probably be less than happy for me. We have the oldest children of our generation so we’re at stages and circumstances the others have experienced yet.

Both sets of my husband’s grandparents had 4, 3 boys and 1 girl. Guess how many boys I have, hah. They’ll be happy but there’s still this nagging feeling of 4 being too many in this day and age.

I’m happy for this pregnancy. I f*cking adore my kids. I love the older ones for becoming interesting, informed, sentient people and I loved them as babies for how sweet they were and how much fun we had doing silly baby crap. Those positive feelings make it easier for me to deal with the judgment. 

• Options
    Is anyone or has anyone continued to breastfeed through pregnancy?  I am still nursing my almost 8m old and my supply has been awesome until now.  Poor thing has to really work for it and it seems I can’t get more than an ounce at a time out while pumping, and this all happened within the last week.  I’d really love not to have to give up or supplement - any tips?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 I’m nursing my 15 month old, but haven’t pumped in almost a year. No advice, but you’re not alone!
  • Options
    @molecularmolly I second (or third, or fourth) the Snoogle.  I delayed getting it because it seemed like a waste of money, but it was so worth it!  They sell them at Motherhood maternity which almost always has discount coupons online, so you could save money getting one there.  When it comes to pregnancy clothes, I would NOT buy underwire bras during pregnancy.  I did, and they were fine at first, but once your ribs start to push you, they're terribly uncomfortable.

@baya5 I too am worried about judgement - this is only our second LO, but he or she will be coming just 14 months after our daughter!  The bottom line is, no one know what's happening inside your life but you: you know how you'll manage it, you know how having this 3rd baby on the way makes you and your SO feel, you know the love you've got to give.  People will probably judge, but they don't have any ground to stand on.  You know what's best for you and your family!
  • Options
    I'm the only woman in the world who hated her Snoogle and actually gave it away. I found that it was too bulky and made me super hot (especially the further along I got). I much prefer my normal body pillow. It doesn't take up the entire bed and since it's not as thick, I don't become overheated.
  • Options
    Ok, embarrassing question. The bloat is real. I know I'm not showing but I feel so restricted in my normal pants! Any STM+ in maternity pants? Or am I overreacting (most likely!)?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I was in a head on collision at 7 months and DD was totally fine. They are very well protected. My DD likes to climb on me as well but I’m more worried about her hitting me in the bladder and peeing my pants then her actually hurting the baby. 

Eta @mermaidca @kangstadt
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @mrstmoose as I got bigger I hated the snoogle more.  It would take forever to get it perfectly wrapped around and then I'd want to move and it would all come out again.  My bloat (and fat) are definitely making me eye some maternity clothes.  They are just so comfy!!!  My friend lent me her massive and barely used clothes last time.  I'm hoping she still has them even though her kid is 5 years old!!  I'm ready to jump into them any time.  I'm glad it's summer dress season and it's easy to hide.
  • Options
    @mrstmoose girl, the bloat is real! Im about to bust the maternity clothes out real soon!
  • Options
    @mermaidca and @mdmommymegs - I'm going to try to give it another couple of weeks but I don't know if I'll make it. My shirts are ok, but I'm going to be struggling with the pants. 
  • Options
    mermaidca said:
    @molecularmolly I never had to wear maternity underwear last time.  They usually sit low enough that your belly isn't involved.  I had a snoogle before and H has been using it since - hoping I can steal it away in the coming weeks.
    My DH loved the snoogle! I had to wrestle it away all the time. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So I just made zucchini bread at my parents house... the oil smelled off to me, but I can't tell if it's just my heightened sense of smell or if it's possibly bad.  Sigh.  I really don't want to throw out six pans of zucchini bread!  (It was a huge zucchini.)  What do you ladies think?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt - have someone who isn't pregnant smell it!

• Options
    @kangstadt what kind of oil was it??