January 2019 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - August!

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - August!

• Options
    I'M SO HUNGRY! I'm at that point in second tri where even if I eat a giant filling meal my stomach is growling again in 4 hours max. I need all of your healthy snack ideas that don't involve vegetables because right now vegetables and I are sometimes still mortal enemies.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    EVERYTHING... except the stuff I should be eating.  I can only eat a few bites of "real food" at a time but I can eat an entire bag of popcorn in one sitting.  My hematologist also told me my body is trying to fuel on carbs right now because I'm seriously lacking iron so hopefully after I get infusions next week and the week after I will stop the carb binging!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does anyone have any recipes that they make that don't cause heartburn/reflux? I've found that just about everything gives me the 'burn after a meal.  I can find lots of lists online of things that do and don't cause heartburn, but I'm not creative enough to think of recipes for these foods.  Bonus if they don't involve meat because I'm still pretty grossed out by all meat that isn't seafood. TYIA!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    BitterBetty12 rooonilwaazlib 

Well healthy is relative, I guess.  Here are my go to's lately:

A grocery store cinnamon raisin bagel with natural peanut butter. Apple. Apple with peanut butter. Peaches and plums are amazing right now. Kind grain bars and Kind breakfast bars. Marys Gone seeded crackers-everything flavored. Smoothies with 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup almond milk, a little protein powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter. 
  • Options
    All the things, basically? I eat twice as much as my husband at a meal and then my stomach is growling again an hour later. I don’t know how it’s possible that I only need an extra 300ish calories per day, because I feel like I could eat 20 times that.
  • Options
    @cakimes that’s my struggle too! I remember Second tri with DD being like this last time too but only until like 22ish weeks. So I’m hoping it’ll go away again!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    I'm obsessed with two things right now: sriracha mayo and sourdough bread (not together though... although...  :D)
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    Does anyone have any recipes that they make that don't cause heartburn/reflux? I've found that just about everything gives me the 'burn after a meal.  I can find lots of lists online of things that do and don't cause heartburn, but I'm not creative enough to think of recipes for these foods.  Bonus if they don't involve meat because I'm still pretty grossed out by all meat that isn't seafood. TYIA!
    Have you tried Zantac? Literally everything gives me heartburn, it’s all that will help. I had such bad indigestion one night I thought I was having a heart attack. My OB prescribed it for me so I can get it cheaper. I take it daily with my prenatal. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    julesf817 said:
    Have you tried Zantac? Literally everything gives me heartburn, it’s all that will help. I had such bad indigestion one night I thought I was having a heart attack. My OB prescribed it for me so I can get it cheaper. I take it daily with my prenatal. 
    This was my experience too (minus the prescription part-- that's neat). But I never found that any particular thing I ate made it better or worse, I just got the heartburn no matter what. Even water gave me heartburn. So I took my Zantac regularly, and it helped.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    I am really trying not to give into my ramen cravings right now. It is so hard!
  • Options
    @AliKay20 I’m pretty sure all I ate for dinner during mid-late first tri was ramen. I have no regrets. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    Guys, Idk what happened but second tri and my cravings are still mostly carbs but also...

carrots dipped in ranch veggie dip. What the...I know...it’s weird for me to crave something somewhat healthy but I just can’t stop! Yummmm
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    edited August 2018
    Ugh, still finding it so hard to eat! As of this morning, I am down another pound from last week....I'm starting to get concerned that at almost half baked, I'm still losing. I can't even stomach the thought of carbs. They make me want to gag and they make the sour taste in my mouth worse so I just steer clear. Raw veggies for the win so far (mostly broccoli...I go through so much broccoli a week!).

@AliKay20 carrots are one of my staples right now! And I craved them so intensely in my pregnancy with DS (that and mushrooms...had to have mushrooms every day too).

Also, +1 for the Zantac - it's the only thing that takes my heartburn away. I have prescription strength from my doctor.

*Edit: formatting
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    snackheartsnackheart member
    edited August 2018
    My eating definitely still is weird despite being in second tri. I never had this with my other two kids.

I really cannot with vegetables unless they’re starchy; potatoes, corn, etc. are fine but things like broccoli and asparagus (two of my favorite foods) are not appetizing and when I do try to eat them, they taste off. Raw tomatoes and bell peppers (cooked or raw) are a full stop, hard pass.

Right now I’m chowing down on a big bowl of pasta with lean ground turkey meat sauce. Last night I ate an entire box of mac and cheese with a whole can of tuna mixed in. I’m so
    gross :lol:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    I'm turned off by pretty much all food these days but I can force myself to eat pretty much anything. The only thing I really enjoy lately is peanut butter and jelly on an english muffin. I could eat it for every meal! In regular life I'm all about really spicy, over seasoned, greasy food and now I just want everything as bland as possible.
  • Options
    I made my husband take us out of the way of all our errands just so I could eat at Le Peep and get saucy apples and ham, home fries, onions, and mushroom skillet for breakfast. I devoured it.
  • Options
    @julesf817 that looks amazing and I love your plates! 
  • Options
    quinfam6quinfam6 member
    edited August 2018
    @greenhillgirl Soooooo jealous... I LOVE peanut butter! Unfortunately, even a little bit of peanut butter gives me insane heartburn
  • Options
    quinfam6quinfam6 member
    edited August 2018
    Is anyone else not able to eat very much??? I find that now I can eat only very small amounts, but I want to eat often. I just can't fit a full meal at once. We went to Olive Garden yesterday for DHs birthday and after a little salad and a breadstick I was only able to eat a few bits of my actual dinner (plus side is I have lunch for later today... ok, ok, I'll be honest, it'll probably end up as my breakfast! ). 
  • Options
    @quinfam6 yes this just started for me.  I had been able to eat normally up until a few days ago.  Yesterday I could tell I was still hungry but felt so uncomfortably full after half a portion I couldn't take another bite.  
  • Options
    UGH I'm just so tired of the whole food/hunger/sickness thing. I can't eat very much before I get nauseous. If I'm not eating all of the time, my stomach is growling so hard that it makes me nauseous. Pretty much all meat is making me sick (I make exceptions for hamburgers). I had to get up in the middle of the night and eat a bowl of cereal (my staple food group) just so I could sleep. Ramen noodles used to be my friend but we broke up yesterday :-( also not a huge fan of Sprite anymore. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @quinfam6 I'm with you. I feel like I'm constantly hungry but can never eat more than a few bites of something without feeling terrible. 

Speaking of feeling terrible, I have rekindled my love of Taco Bell. Cheesy gordita crunch is my perfect food right now although I almost always regret it later. YOLO.
  • Options
    Just give me all of the carbs.

Bagels, bread, pancakes, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes. All of them. And icecream.

This is my first pregnancy and im shocked at how serious the cravings are. Pre-pregnancy i was pretty good about exercising self control and making healthy substitutions for cravings. Not the case right now.  Im at 16 weeks and up 7 lbs already (which i think is still ok, probably on the high end of range). Hopefully the cravings and constant hunger subside soon!
  • Options
    Pasta. Pasta, pasta, pasta. My craving last pregnancy was tomatoes, but I'm all about some pasta this go-round. I'm actually grossed out by myself and I can definitely feel that sluggishness that comes from eating too much nutritionally-deficient foods. I've been able to eat broccoli and berries but most other veggies and almost all meat is currently in my burn book.
  • Options
    wkuandrea said:
    UGH I'm just so tired of the whole food/hunger/sickness thing. I can't eat very much before I get nauseous. If I'm not eating all of the time, my stomach is growling so hard that it makes me nauseous. Pretty much all meat is making me sick (I make exceptions for hamburgers). I had to get up in the middle of the night and eat a bowl of cereal (my staple food group) just so I could sleep. Ramen noodles used to be my friend but we broke up yesterday :-( also not a huge fan of Sprite anymore. 
    I feel like I literally could have written this @wkuandrea down to the middle of the night cereal snacks and the ramen (I moved on to angel hair pasta with butter and some parmesan cheese). I felt good for like a week, and I was able to eat mostly healthy. But then it all went downhill again. 

@julesf817 I've been craving a caprese salad for weeks now and that just made my mouth water! Looks sooooo good.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    +1 to getting full sooo quickly! With my other kids I don’t remember this happening until I was much farther along, when I could attribute it to baby squishing my stomach.

Idk what the deal is now but if I try to eat a big meal I end up full for like 6-7 hours (feeling totally full and gross the whole time) and then get slammed suddenly with hunger pains/nausea. Fun!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Options
    @snackheart I want that noooooowwww! Mmmmm. I'm so hungry all the time, trying to at least make good choices so I don't feel too guilty. Buuut I ate some frosting out of the container last night. You win some you lose some?
  • Options
    I agree peaches are amazing right now. I'm totally obsessed with nectarines this pregnancy but the peaches are blowing them out of the water!
  • Options
    I managed to be able to eat chicken breast yesterday... it was inside of a jar of Alfredo sauce that also has a ton of steamed broccoli mixed in... and then baked into wonton wrappers with some mozzarella cheese. But I mean. It was in there!

Also I had my aunts fried tomatoes last week and now I NEED them again. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @snackheart @molosmiles me too on the peaches!! Soooo good!  I’ve been eating a ton of them which makes me feel good that they’re healthy. 
  • Options
    I haven't been eating a lot of "real food" lately. But I ate two whole (15oz) bags of pretzel sticks this morning while working and desperately wanted more. Also have been craving and eating a TON of grilled watermelon. 

I just feel like I'm constantly shoveling food into my mouth but, when it comes to meals, my stomach refuses.
  • Options
    I'm still on a complete carb and fruit kick and thankfully I can't eat a ton because Im on a steady +1lb/wk gain.  I know its because I was strictly keto before getting pregnant and all I eat now are carbs but I can't handle meat.  The look and smell makes me sick so the only way I can stomach it is from a restaurant.
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 I don’t know why meat is so hard when you’re pregnant! I have the same issue. I can eat it if it’s hidden. Or fried. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @bitterbetty12 even fried isn't sitting good with me! DH made wings in the air fryer earlier this week and I had to leave the house because I couldn't handle the smell.  I miss real food until I try to eat it :( 
  • Options
    Guys, I feel like I'm grazing all day long. I'll have a few bites of this or that, and still have my normal meals (about 4 "meals" breakfast, lunch around 11, large afternoon snack around 2-3, dinner around 730) and maybe some snacks in between depending on the meals and the day.

I'm 19 weeks and gained about half what i did the whole time with my last pregnancy, which you'd think would be fine, but I know "typically" you gain about a lbs a week or so the third trimester. The average in my weight category is about 20-35lbs gained, last time I gained 30, and I'm at 16lbs gained so far. I really don't need to be grazing so much, I'm usually not even hungry when I do, but I feel like eating more often lately. Like I have a big appetite, though I don't always feel hungry. I need to slow it down and focus on healthy eating lol Keep my 4 meals and snacks, but stop the bites of everything in between.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19