Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY Monday 8/13

What is your favorite city to travel to and why?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: GTKY Monday 8/13

• Options
    We've only duplicated visits to 1 city but I would go yearly if we could. St Augustine FL. It's just beautiful and I adore the old city setting. 
  • Options
    Gosh I can’t pick I love different places for different reasons. Estes Park, CO is amazing, especially if you can get a little farther out from touristy area. I also love the gulf from Texas side. Port Aransas was a favorite but it was a direct hit from the hurricane last year and is still rebuilding, Corpus Cristi is nice though.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've only been once, but I'd say Kyoto. The scenery, sights, food, culture (their art museums and textiles are incredible) is so worth the trip. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly - I've heard this from several people! Never been!
  • Options
    I am going with a practical answer.

We love going to Nashville. We live far enough away that it is a small vaca and get away from the house night, but close enough to do it every couple months!  Nashville is seriously one of the best places in the world! Great food, fun entertainment and a lot to do for everyone!  
  • Options
    so many options, but deep down I freakin love the panhandle. Pensacola and Panama City Beach. Lived in both when I was active duty, and the water and sand is just so amazing there. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @klmcguire Friends of ours go annually they love it so much! And it's like an 8+hr drive from where we are.

I have a confession...I don't really care to travel! Not like I hate it and won't do it but it's a lot of planning/organizing and cost to arrange stuff. I've really liked Portland, Maine and Asheville, NC though :)
  • Options
    We love to travel and have been all over and I could humblebrag someplace but the honest answer is....

Orlando! We recently became Universal Orlando annual passholders. I love that place so damn much. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    Locally, Monterey, CA (and the surrounding area) is AMAZING! DH lived there for a little bit and we go back once every few months for a day trip.

Otherwise, I'd say London which might be a bit boring but is probably the closest to "home" I've felt while traveling which is what makes me want to keep going back to a place.

As far as PP's, I've only ever been to Orlando in FL but sounds like there's more that I should see, there.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    London!!! I spend a year studying there and it was like a dream come true for me. I am a huge Anglophile and could probably live there forever.

Locally I'd have to say Santa Barbara. It's about a 3-6 hr drive (depending on traffic), but it is just so beautiful there. They have a vibrant, quirky downtown, a great zoo, and pretty beaches. 

• Options
    Internationally, MH and I really loved Germany, especially Munich.

Domestically, MH and I love going to Boston with some friends of ours, another couple. I love the history of Boston and we've always found great things to do. Boston is almost a tradition for us.
    TW* mentions children in spoiler
    We didn't end up going last year because our friends had their first child and we didn't make plans to go this year hoping DH and I would be planning our first child.

We talked about the Grand Canyon for this labor day weekend, but I'm not sure if we'll go. We may just go spend time with my family in New Mexico.

• Options
    I love Wilmington NC. Great mix of beach/old town feel
  • Options
    @lillywonderland we must be close! We also love Santa Barbara but it's 5 hours from here (w/o traffic) so a bit more taxing. Just went in April.

• Options
    I have only visited London once (way back in high school), but I would love to go again!  @lillywonderland I am a big Anglophile, too!  I follow the royal family and love British history.  That is great that you got to study abroad there.  

As for US cities, I would say Orlando, but I am not sure if it counts since we don't leave the Disney property.  We went to San Diego a few years ago, which we also loved.  DH and I are homebodies, so we really don't travel much.  That, and the fact that we can only travel when school is out, which gets really expensive. 
  • Options
    H and I love Bend, OR! We love the laidback vibe, the beautiful setting, and that there's so much to do. And the weather has been great when we've been there too, which definitely helps!
  • Options
    Internationally, I've only ever traveled to France and it was with a tour company when I was in high school so I didn't necessarily get a super immersive experience.  But I would love to go back some day!

Within the US, I haven't done a ton of traveling but I did really enjoy Philadelphia when we just went back at the end of June and would love to go back some day

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat haha! I lived in Estes for 3.5 years. Funny!
  • Options
    @kvh22 ygpm

@emeraldduchess I'm secretly mad that my heritage doesn't include anything British. I feel like I belong there. 

@allegram16 I love Bend! Do you mtn bike at all? They have the best trail system there. I had so much fun!
  • Options

We talked about the Grand Canyon for this labor day weekend, but I'm not sure if we'll go. We may just go spend time with my family in New Mexico.

GO! Such an underrated place. The photos do not do it justice - the vastness is breathtaking. 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I'm way too much of a chicken for mtn biking ha! H loves it though. I prefer to keep my feet on the ground hiking/trail running
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I'm so jealous you got to spend a year in London!! I did a brief study abroad in London, Dublin, and Cork, so I only stayed in London a week and a half. Our professors didn't tell us that our first Tube ride would drop us off right at the foot of Big Ben. :) I miss it so much and would love to go back someday, although I don't miss the dirty air and cigarettes one bit.
    @thegirlwhowaited_ I love Boston! I'm actually going there a month from now for a work conference. I love the seafood, the architechture, and the walkability of the city. Hopefully I'll have time to explore on foot like I did last time!
  • Options
    @hestia14 @lillywonderland @thegirlwhowaited_ You guys are my travel spirit animals! I did 2 months in London, 4 months in Dublin, and went to college in Boston and still love going back when we visit our parents (might move back there in a couple years).

• Options
    @kvh22 a fellow New Englander! Boston is definitely a favorite.
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I just went to Colorado for the first time two weeks ago to visit my friend and one place we went was Estes Park! It was the a great town to explore. 

Internationally- Amman, Jordan. We went to a lot of places throughout Jordan like Petra, Wadi Rum, and down to the Dead Sea. It was one of my favorite trips! 

US- DH and I went to NY last year in the fall. We had such a good time. I went to a taping of Live with Kelly and Ryan and The View. I love all things celebrity so that was really fun for me. 
  • Options
    Confession: I don’t like to travel and have no desire to. I did do a fair amount in my 20‘s. 

@nanner26 *waves* so happy to see a familiar face again! FC that this next cycle is our cycle! 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Internationally- another one for London. I love the history and I'm also an anglophile. 

Domestically- I'd love to go back to Colorado Springs. I remember really enjoying the stuff that there was to do as a kid (Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, etc). 
  • Options
    @nanner26 Jordan is on my bucket list! I want to hike the slot canyons and go to the treasury! It looks so awesome in pictures!
  • Options
    I looooove to travel but I love trying new places so I rarely go somewhere more than once.y family does go to Hilton Head every year and I love it!