December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Bitch-straviganza • w/o 8.6

2»

Re: Weekly Bitch-straviganza • w/o 8.6

• Options
     I’m so sorry about all of the annoyingMILs. 
    Re: Bras I lost weight after nursing my son, so the bands on all of my nursing bras except 1 are too big. I need to buy more, but if I gain band size, my old ones will work and that will be a waste.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @binxybaby that's so cool, they have different birthdays! I bet that's huge for them. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango haha! That would be quite the L&D story!  We live in the midwest and one twin was born here and the other on the east coast according to their passports.  So I had quite the journey in the 6 minutes between them.  ;)  I do need to call again and find out what I need to do to have it fixed.  When I noticed it we were leaving for the cruise 2 weeks later and I didn't want to risk not having the passports back in time.  

And I'm with everyone on the bra problem.  I currently have one that I can wear comfortably, but it's starting to get small in the cup size and bought a bra extender to get some life out of another one I had purchased when I was first pregnant. I don't want to buy a ton because I'm sure I'll just need new nursing bras, but I'm not sure I can survive the next 4 months with what I have. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    More on bras.  I just bought my new ones in a bigger cup size but the same band size, and then bought a pack of extenders.  That way if my weight fluctuates I'll still be able to wear them, even if the cup is a little too big. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @binxybaby - that is so interesting!  I always wonder how many twins out there were born on Dec 31 and then Jan 1 and have even different birth years - I'm sure that would really confuse someone. 
  • Options
    Bras. Did we have recommendations already on supportive nursing bras? I bought cheap target ones last time and they were not cutting it. Everything was very droopy and my boobs aren’t that big. I remember it making me feel very blah. I really wanted to get back into a normal bra but underwire sounded like torture for a couple of months.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @rosebud332 I just bought this one: 

https://www.bravissimo.com/us/products/sugar-candy-nursing-bra-black-ce100blk/

I looks like a flimsy crappy target bra but it's actually awesome and super supportive.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @rosebud332 I love my underwire from motherhood maternity. I think I only spent between $20 and $25 on it.
  • Options
    @katy0990
    If it's just the band size that changes, it's really easy to buy either an extender to make it bigger or just some extra hooks to make it tighter.  You have to sew on the extra hooks, but it's very easy and way cheaper than buying a new bra...

• Options
    @ab_canada I never thought of adding hooks! Good idea!
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I've been loving the Knix Evolution bra I got. It's underwire-free and pretty darn supportive. Not technically a nursing bra, but the straps are removable so you can use it to nurse. You would just need two hands for the straps.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Re: bras. I love the bra band extenders. My band size changes dramatically during pregnancy, way more than cup size does. And with the reflux the last thing I want is anything pressing too tight. I had to increase by another hook this week. I’m sure I’ve already gone up 2-3 inches in band size, more to come.
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited August 2018
    Another bitch: my skin has been so horrible recently.  I don't normally have great skin, but the dryness I've been experiencing is just insane.  I can't seem to find any products that make a dent in it and I have skin basically flaking off my face.  It's impossible to put makeup on smoothly to cover redness (which is always also an issue for me) too.  What happened to the pregnancy glow?  I'm seriously considering spending $75 ordering a bunch of products from The Ordinary and hoping something helps.  Has anyone used products from there?  Normally I'm all about all natural stuff, but I'm at a breaking point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I have not heard of the ordinary, but the Active hydration serum from Rodan & Fields works really well for me.
  • Options
    @kadeephd not the same problem but my hair has been dry and I use good shampoo/conditioner/masks.  So at my last appointment I was like what gives and I was told that for you hair and skin the best and only way to fully hydrate during pregnancy is to eat more fruits and veggies.  I will admit my diet from normal has been lacking in the veggie department but I feel like I eat a decent amount of fruit.  Not sure how truthful this is but hey I’m giving it a try!
  • Options
    @kadeephd I usually prefer natural products too, but I intermittently use conventional things. If I were you I would grab some plain coconut oil ASAP and start using that as your evening makeup remover. Then start using a heavy evening moisturizer after the oil wash (no soap in between) - hopefully this will help the overall facial hydration in a few days - don’t be surprised if you need the heavy cream on patches later, instead of being able to quit cold turkey. In the morning use the mildest soap you can get your paws on (if any! When my skin is ultra dry I just rinse with clean water). And keep your fluid intake up, but I don’t think that’s a problem. Good luck!

PS - I have eczema and usually need to change my routine in drier climates, or if I’m getting bad spots from stress. Coconut oil is an easy rescue :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sooo my husband is a huge football fan and it starts tonight.  He made me steak and shrimp for dinner. I loved it but it basically saying here eat this because I am going to start ignoring you for months!!  Lol.  Also I may have just gave my two year old brownies in hopes she will root for my team (Cleveland) and not the Steelers!!
  • Options
    These storms are terrible. They have taken out my internet for the 3rd time since July. Also I think I lost another tv again. It made a snap sizzle sound and the power will turn on but the screen is black. We replaced a tv in July due to the storms (the newest tv is fine...I think. I’m not going to check it out tonight). In July we didn’t have it on a surge protector - we do now. I give up. 
  • Options
    @LLynde5 I have to watch football tonight, too.

Me, in denial:

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited August 2018
    @katy0990 That serum looks lovely but it's a little too pricey for me! 

@Llynde5 I probably should be eating more fruit and definitely more veggies.  I'll make a concerted effort to do that.

@echo-charlietango I have a jar of coconut oil in my bathroom cabinet and do slather it on rather frequently.  Lately I've been trying rosehip oil too.  I think my problem may be a lack of exfoliation, so even if I hydrate properly there is still dead skin on top (gross, sorry).  I use heavy moisturizers every day and it hasn't fixed the issue so I'm hoping it's the exfoliation anyway.  I have tried physical exfoliation (scrubs, masks) but next I'm going to try some (pregnancy safe) chemical peels and then seal the moisture with a natural oil.  The Ordinary has a bunch of options at very reasonable prices so I figured I'd give a few of them a go.  Fingers crossed.  ETA: I only use water to wash my face in the morning all the time!  In the evening I usually use a Burts Bees cream facewash or something by Aveeno.  Maybe I need to try something like Cetaphil or an oil cleanser.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a football fanatic and I gotta say I'm impressed by those of y'all watching preseason.  :p

This is my second year not doing FFB and I'm bummed about it. There's (still) no way I can effectively manage a team on top of the time I spend making my picks for my pick 'em league. FWP.
  • Options
    @kadeephd A gal after my own heart! I agree that if you’ve already done those things a AHA/BHA exfoliant is next. I think BHA was safe for pregnancy? I wish you were nearby so I could easily decant some of my Korean stuff for you. Last winter I was getting the perma-flakes on my cheeks and liquid exfoliant saved me. I used to use it all over my face once a week, but stopped when I got my BFP. 
    Oh, and I :heart: rose hip oil! I blend rose hip with grapeseed oil and fractionated coconut. I keep it by the shower for post-shower moisture, but haven’t needed it in Alabama!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @kadeephd I have been using African Black Soap for a few years and it keeps my skin feeling & looking great. I order it from coastal scents website. It's all natural as well! I wash my face twice a day followed by moisturizer. It's very inexpensive if you care to try! 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango @kadeephd Yaaasss rosehip oil is my jam!  I just mix a few drops into my moisturizer at night.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @temmetime I'll give that soap a try thanks!

@echo-charlietango I'm tempted by a lot of the Korean stuff.  I started using some of it (and BB cream) when I lived there and my skin loved it.  Let me know if you have any recommendations for specific products.  I haven't been keeping up and it's been quite a few years.

Pregnancy Ticker