September 2018 Moms

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

stothistothi member
edited August 2018 in September 2018 Moms
Midweek random GTKY!
This came up in conversation and I got all kinds of curious about what most people would answer. So, tell me, do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower? 51 votes

Yep! Daily.
3% 2 votes
Sure, sometimes.
9% 5 votes
No, but I don't care if anyone else does and I don't think it's weird.
37% 19 votes
No! Who does that!? Weirdos, that's who.
49% 25 votes

Re: Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

• I brush my teeth in the shower sometimes. I always just thought it was a thing some people did and some didn't. Honestly never thought about it much one way or the other. Until now...
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, what about flossing? My husband's dentist actually recommended a water flosser that you hook up to the shower. Theory being that since you are already in there and it's there, you are more likely to actually remember to use it.
    Thoughts?
  • @ashh2018 that was me last pregnancy! I remember brushing fast and holding it together because puking immediately after brushing just seemed counter productive to me. Hang in there! Also I have not had that issue this time around
  • @EErin86 I have a sink side water flosser too. I way prefer it over string floss. I'm actually pretty jealous of hubby's shower flosser and want one for my shower too. I feel like I'd be so much better about using it.
  • @klj0228 he normally walks around the apartment when brushing and just spit in the toilet afterwards. I'm going to have to be around it more because the bathroom I currently use (we were team separate bathrooms) will be Polly's changing area. I'm going to miss all the counter space for sure. H and I will be sharing a bathroom literally 1/4 the size of the other one. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• I mean, I have done it before but I don't like brushing my teeth in warm water, so I much rather use the sink. 
  • One day I went to brush my teeth when my H was and was grossed out by the water temp, it was HOT not kind of warm straight up HOT. I can say neither of us brush our teeth in the shower. I've seen him spit in the toilet a couple times though..