October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms 8/2

2»

Re: Symptoms 8/2

• Options
    @kfrob agreed. This 90*+ and excessive humidity can F-off. So over it.
  • Options
    right?! i live in wisconsin...excessive heat for more than a day or two is one thing weather-wise that i do not expect to deal with. why this year?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone told me how much it would suck to be pregnant with DS though the summer. He was born in Oct 16 and I dont remember struggling with the heat during the third trimester then as much as I do this time around. It literally exhausts me. 
  • Options
    +1 on not being able to get anything done!! It's going to be in the mid 90s most of the week here and I'm going to be sitting in front of the ac all day... im still getting like random hot flashes, and just sitting here I'm out of breath!
  • Options
    I'm started to feel pressure on my cervix several times a day, so that's super fun. It's seriously the weirdest feeling. It's somewhat painful, but mostly just uncomfortable. I don't remember having that with DD, but maybe I just forgot about it. DD was always up in my ribs though, this LO barely even touches my ribs so he must prefer to hang out a little lower. I'm stupidly hoping that maybe this means the kid will actually come out on his own. I really need to stop getting my hopes up. We all know it means nothing.
  • Options
    +1 to not handling the heat well. Ugh this weekend was not fun.

My biggest symptom is this kid is way up in my ribs. Even my OB commented on it this morning when she measured me, wow those feet are way up there!
  • Options
    Yesterday, kid was so low. Every step I took she was so heavy on my bladder and pelvis. And at one point when I got out of the car, I could barely stand up all the way because she was so heavy on my pelvis. And she was squirming around so much that it was almost unsettling feeling. Today she's better. Just low-riding yesterday. 

I can't tell if she's turned or not yet. Do you guys have a way to tell? I wonder if she has since she's been heavier lately on my bladder. I sometimes wonder if she's transverse because I'll feel stuff going on on both sides. And Saturday night, I felt something round and hard just above and right of my belly button, don't know if it was head or butt or something. Or maybe she's just still all over the place. I have a growth scan next week, so I'll be able to find out. 
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 I usually can find LO's butt next to my belly button and his feet either off to the side or near my ribs. I'm assuming he is bent so his head is down because he will still punch my hips a lot. At night he does this thing where he kind of kicks off with his feet and bounces from side to side for a while. It's so weird. 
  • Options
    I asked at my last appointment.  The doctor shot me side eye (which I was okay with since my dr is the best and she knows I'm a worrier and was asking bc I was irrationally worried haha) and said "not that it matters yet.... but, yes, she is head down".  She pushed the top of my belly and pointed out where baby's butt was.  I feel her all over the place too so I thought maybe she was transverse but she must just be flailing both arms out at the same time.
  • Options
    +1 to hating the heat at this point. I'm so frigging tired of having under boob sweat from just normal activity. I swear all my bras are going to be permanently gross no matter how much I wash them.

+1 to hating the cervical pressure - I'll get massive kicks at stomach height, coupled with lightning crotch from (I'm assuming) the head ramming down. It's not pleasant.

@hannaht8516 I was always told if a majority of the activity you feel is at belly button or above, it's probably safe to assume baby has turned head down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks all. She just really confuses me, because I've felt a ton lately right at or above my belly button, and what is I'm assuming her butt. But I also still feel a lot at the bottom of my bump. That could be arms squirming maybe (at the anatomy scan, she liked to keep her hands up by her face). I'm assuming she's head down at this point just from how it feels, or at least getting there. She's a squirmy little thing.

And yes, @acciocoffee, when I'm laying on my side, I feel like she really moves down to that side, or will push off the bed basically and go crazy.
  • Options
    The night sweats!!! O.m.g. so over it.

+1 to hip pain, back pain, insane heartburn

I've given up on a good night's sleep at this point. 

Oh and I threw up twice last night from instense acid reflux...ugh
  • Options
    +1 on not being able to get anything done!! It's going to be in the mid 90s most of the week here and I'm going to be sitting in front of the ac all day... im still getting like random hot flashes, and just sitting here I'm out of breath!
    I'm so glad you're not going to Boston now with this heat!!
    Me too!!! And they were so understanding which doesn't usually happen..

@hannaht8516 I wish I could tell what was what and who's head is where! I know from my last growth scan but they move so much I doubt they're in the same area as 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    I'm just assuming... But I'm pretty confident G is head down. I keep feeling hiccups or at least pulsing down in my pelvic. Pretty sure his butt is usually up against my right side, middle of the stomach. which probably explains the rib pain. It's always hard on that side. He's so active and kicks are starting to hurt a bit more.
  • Options
    I’ve been feeling this baby ONLY below my belly button/in the pelvic region and my OB said at my appointment a couple of weeks ago that he’s still breech. I have an ultrasound on Thursday so I guess we’ll see if anything has changed at that point. DD turned at 36 weeks and DS turned around 34-35 weeks so I’m not suuuuper worried, but I’m really hoping LO gets it together and turns soon. 

My boobs are killing me again. Today DS came over to hug me and I literally started crying because it hurt so much. 

Is it October yet? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Woke up to pee this morning and take my iron and oj then came back to bed to try and get more sleep. Suddenly I feel like I got hit by a train.. my entire body feels so achy and sore out of no where... 
  • Options
    I am just having a really hard time getting comfortable at work. I brought in a couple throw pillows today to see if that helps and it really isn't doing much for me. It's definitely slightly better because it's elevating my hips and supporting my back, but I'm still not actually comfortable. The only way I'm somewhat comfy is if I lean back in my chair, but I've heard that isn't super great for getting LO in a decent position. Ugh. Only 2+ more months of this. 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj hopefully you feel better!

I've been super emotional lately. Im cranky because I'm uncomfortable. Crying because I'm uncomfortable. It's a great cycle... Sleep is getting harder. My left leg is super restless and still having general itchiness. So I lay in bed trying to get comfortable and my legs twitch and itch. Breathing is getting tough so that doesn't help either. Last night I was so frustrated I sat up and started to cry. DH hugged me and rubbed my back, which was nice.

I think I need to get some unisom or something to help me fall asleep. Monday night I was up all night trying to get comfortable. Dr doesn't want me to take benadryl and zyrtec in one day, so I can't use my normal sleep aid (benadryl).
  • Options
    Just a total mess today. Everything's fine, but DH has been having a hard time at work lately and between feeling underappreciated and frankly kicked like a dog at work, he's been working incredibly hard on our house in the sweltering heat after work every day and basically all day on weekends.

He's so tired, but still so committed to getting everything done even though he's doing everything by himself. I try to help when I can, but there's really only so much I can do, other than me he really has no support.

Anyway, just thinking about it today is bringing me to tears. At work. Like a crazy person. I keep telling him how grateful I am for everything he does, but it still sucks that he's going through this. Luckily, at least for the house work, the end is near and after a couple more weeks we should be in good shape. Work is a whole 'nother thing.

Sigh. Just needed a bit of a rant I think. 
  • Options
    @nikimelon It's really hard when both ourselves and our partners are struggling. All you can do is continue to support him, help where you can, and make sure he knows he's appreciated. All of which it sounds like you're doing. Hopefully things get better.
  • Options
    @mamabearcj sorry to hear that...i hope that it is short lived and you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, ate a bunch of food and took a nap, feel mostly better, now just my back hurts but that's manageable.. well used to it anyways
  • Options
    Well I got a vericose vein on my vulva. :s
    OB said it's likely due to all the standing and moving I did.
    It hurts and is so hideous looking. I hope it goes away!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    oh man @chyvie that sounds miserable! :(  Did you just feel the pain and have the doctor check it out?  I'm over here wondering how I could possibly even see down there past my giant belly, lol.  Are you on any kind of bed rest now because of it?
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @dellusion I felt a lot of swelling down there for the last two weeks. I asked OB and she said totally normal. Then after my move on Thursday it got worse. I was feeling around down there (also can't see) then asked DH to confirm. I showed OB on Tuesday. She said it's normal and happens sometimes. Unfortunately I'm just one of those "lucky" ones :frowning:
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    I looked at it with a mirror today and I'm regretting that decision. It looks so bad! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    @chyvie it should go away after baby gets here. But I’m sorry you’re dealing with one!