TTC after 35

TTCA35 Check-in 8-5-18

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Do you have a friend or family member you especially admire and appreciate, or who inspires you in some unique way?

Re: TTCA35 Check-in 8-5-18

• ***TW: child***

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD3

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals and looking into CoQ10 - I can't figure out the debate between ubiquinone and ubiquinol (not to mention MitoQ, which seems effective but also has side effects according to studies...)

Rants/Raves
    : Rave: I am so happy my son is doing better after two stints in the hospital in July. He's still not out of the woods but we can let him play like a normal three year old and he's not getting semi-weekly blood draws, which he hated.  Rant: Still not pregnant, and the big 4-0 is tick-tocking at me (in two months).

Questions for the group:
    I should just stop researching, go to CVS, buy ubiquinol, and take 400mg, right? Or do you have different advice? :)

GTKY:  Do you have a friend or family member you especially admire and appreciate, or who inspires you in some unique way? One of my good friends is battling an MRSA infection after having two semi-successful knee surgeries. She has always been a wise woman and in great spirits, but seeing her going through this ordeal with humor and perseverance has been astounding. I am not sure I would be such a sport in her case. Mental toughness is so impressive to me--I cry over car commercials showing happy families going on vacation... but I do worry whether she is suffering badly and needs our help, and is just not showing it.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 16 DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  prenatals, coq10 and dhea 

Rants/Raves
    : had fun weekend at charity event 

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  Do you have a friend or family member you especially admire and appreciate, or who inspires you in some unique way?   My mom.  She was a stay at home 35 year old mother of 3 when my dad died.  She had to pull herself together, go to college and get a job to support us.  All the struggle and sacrifice she made but we always had what we wanted and never lacked the necessities.  Her strength to get through that and raise us has always inspired.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @marijaa333 I’m glad your son is doing better.  So difficult when LO is struggling and you can’t do much for them. As far as coq10 my RE recommended ubiquinol it absorbs better in the body.  I take 400mg 
  • @Mack2342 Your mom's is an amazing story of perseverance and overcoming difficulties. It sounds like you kids share some credit, though. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your dad so early.

Thanks for the ubiquinol recommendation. I'm just going to order some right now...
  • @marijaa333 thanks.  It was tough but it made me who I am today! 
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited August 2018
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 24 - 6DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals, temping, OPKs and Pre-seed since I have bad allergies and need to take antihistamines. I will be testing on Sunday. Hoping for a positive! So far, everything looks good. I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Rants/Raves
    : I am just so impatient. This TWW is the worst.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Fingers crossed for you!
  • @rikiteacup Fingers crossed for you!
    Thank you!
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): prepping for FET #2

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD12

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): BCP, baby aspirin, prenatals, 4000iu vitamin D, 400mg CoQ10. Just scheduled a sonohysterogram and endo scratch for Monday as I’ve heard some REs think they may help with implantation

Rants/Raves
    : Just the whole IF rollercoaster right now. Two years in and I’m tired!

Questions for the group: nope

GTKY:  Do you have a friend or family member you especiallyadmire and appreciate, or who inspires you in some unique way? So one of my closest friends is going through breast cancer treatment right now and handling it with such grace. She’s grown and matured so much through this and looks at the world with different eyes, seeing the beauty of every little detail she says she didn’t notice before.

@rikiteacup thinking good thoughts for you!
  • @Momifbysea Thinking of your friend.  <3

I have a saline sono on Friday (I declined the HSG, which the doc said was fine if we plan on going straight to IVF). What's an endo scratch??
  • @marijaa333 thank you! An endo scratch is basically where they scratch the endometrium tissue (think like a biopsy). The injury to the lining the cycle before FET is thought to promote new tissue growth to heal it which helps with implantation. It’s a theory but I’ll take it! I heard it’s painful though.
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited August 2018
    @marijaa333 forgot to add good luck on your saline sono today and let us know how it went! When would you start IVF?
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited August 2018
    @Momifbysea Thanks, it went great. Doc said I had a "beautiful, textbook uterus.' LOL. We can start as early as the next cycle - so in late August. 

On the endo scratch, that makes sense. Is that done routinely? I'm such a newbie to this whole thing.
  • @marijaa333 a beautiful textbook uterus omg that made me laugh so hard!!!

Its not routine, I had to request the endo scratch because I had heard others in my groups on here doing it and had success with getting PG.

Exciting for August! I’m here for you with questions on it as you go- since I’ve been through it five times I’ve learned more with each round so may as well pass it along!
  • @Momifbysea Thank you so much. I don't even know what to ask, I'm so ignorant. What do you wish you knew when you were starting?
  • Eep! I kept starting a post on here and then getting pulled away. I thought we had awesome timing this month, but CD1 came a week early. I was bummed, but then realized I should O right after we get married this weekend! 

I keep meaning to start CoQ10, but wedding planning....

one rave: once the wedding madness is over we are going to get more serious about ttc. I’m going to ask about femara since the clomid fixed my low progesterone before and should have less side effects. I’m excited and also worried that it won’t work and I’ll be heartbroken. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque I just started up CoQ10 a couple of weeks ago. I do the gummies with lunch since it says to take preferably with a meal, and also don’t want to take it at same time as my baby aspirin for the FET protocol since I read they can interact.

Thats good timing with your wedding, also you might have a load of stress off after that if you’re anything like me with planning stuff!
  • @marijaa333 isn’t it funny but 5 cycles ago was so long ago I think I blocked it all out! I do remember being really nervous about injections and the videos online from Freedom Pharma really helped! I wanted to go into it knowing my odds for success and having a detailed meds calendar helped me be organized (I color coded the one my RE gave me so I could check if each with respective colored pencils each day so I didn’t mess anything up).
  • @PoeMasque I hope you have a wonderful wedding weekend and can get some baby making in afterwards!  That’s perfect timing.  Enjoy every minute of your wedding because it flies by.  
  • Hi everyone. I am in TWW. AF should arrive around 28th or so. Talked to doctor on phone consult earlier and he said my AMH is good for my age.
  • @drewsdarlin can you remind me where you are in the process? That’s great that your dr told you that about your AMH! Gives some hope!

@PoeMasque thinking of you this weekend! Sending creepy internet congrats and hugs!!
  • @drewsdarlin can you remind me where you are in the process? That’s great that your dr told you that about your AMH! Gives some hope!

@PoeMasque thinking of you this weekend! Sending creepy internet congrats and hugs!!
    @drewsdarlin can you remind me where you are in the process? That’s great that your dr told you that about your AMH! Gives some hope!

We just recently decided in the last month or so that we want to do IVF with new fertility doctor we went and saw in 2016 for more testing and to talk about IVF then but decided not to do it back then. after trying for almost 19 years and losing 5 babies and doing 7 IUI's only for second one to work in 2010-11 and ending in 4th loss then. 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited August 2018
    @drewsdarlin wow what a journey! I’m sorry to hear of your losses but glad you have a plan. For some reason I thought I remembered you thinking about mini IVF but I may be confusing you with someone else. Will you start your first cycle soon then? I’m glad to answer any questions since I’ve done a few rounds.

AFM only 2 active birth control pills left and can I tell you how happy that makes me? I really despise them and with all the IVF I try not to think of all the suppressed cycles we haven’t been able to just try naturally. Like what if in the end we find out IVF just didn’t work for us? Lots of pressure going into this last transfer. But I’m doing all my supplements, Brazil nuts, added maca root last night. Praying!!!
  • @drewsdarlin wow what a journey! I’m sorry to hear of your losses but glad you have a plan. For some reason I thought I remembered you thinking about mini IVF but I may be confusing you with someone else. Will you start your first cycle soon then? I’m glad to answer any questions since I’ve done a few rounds.

AFM only 2 active birth control pills left and can I tell you how happy that makes me? I really despise them and with all the IVF I try not to think of all the suppressed cycles we haven’t been able to just try naturally. Like what if in the end we find out IVF just didn’t work for us? Lots of pressure going into this last transfer. But I’m doing all my supplements, Brazil nuts, added maca root last night. Praying!!!
    What is mini IVF? Never heard of it. We probably won't start till October. So I can get my wisdom teeth surgery in september and go on ladies retreat with church in October. 
  • @drewsdarlin that retreat sounds so nice, and sounds like a great way to let go of stress and let positivity in! And yeah, wisdom tooth surgery combined with IVF doesn't sound good...I realize why I thought you were doing mini-IVF, in the over 40 thread you had said a long while ago that you were considering a clinic in Colorado and one in St. Louis and I thought for some reason it was because they're known for mini-IVF. Never mind, and sorry for being confused! I have read however, that for us older women, sometimes the lower stimulation can mean better egg quality and they're really only going with a small number of good quality eggs with mini-IVF - like maybe aiming for 4 versus regular IVF where there's many more meds but maybe not as good of egg quality. Realize that I say all this but I myself have only done 5 cycles of regular IVF, I'm just basing this on what I've been reading online as I try to prepare myself for a plan B in case this FET doesn't work out.
  • @drewsdarlin that retreat sounds so nice, and sounds like a great way to let go of stress and let positivity in! And yeah, wisdom tooth surgery combined with IVF doesn't sound good...I realize why I thought you were doing mini-IVF, in the over 40 thread you had said a long while ago that you were considering a clinic in Colorado and one in St. Louis and I thought for some reason it was because they're known for mini-IVF. Never mind, and sorry for being confused! I have read however, that for us older women, sometimes the lower stimulation can mean better egg quality and they're really only going with a small number of good quality eggs with mini-IVF - like maybe aiming for 4 versus regular IVF where there's many more meds but maybe not as good of egg quality. Realize that I say all this but I myself have only done 5 cycles of regular IVF, I'm just basing this on what I've been reading online as I try to prepare myself for a plan B in case this FET doesn't work out.
    that wasn't me . Never considered those clinics there since they are really far from where i live. 
  • @drewsdarlin I am so sorry - I confused you with someone named littledarlins!!! And I can’t even blame meds for losing my mind because I’m only on BCP right now! Please forgive me.

But at any rate, what are everyone’s thoughts on mini IVF? I was mentioning it to DH tonight but I’d have to drive pretty far I think to go somewhere where they do it well. Just nice to have a plan b in mind I guess,
  • hi everyone - was MIA with sick kid again (another hospital stay...sigh) but excited to be a) in TWW and b) going to IVF class next Tuesday.

@PoeMasque Congratulations on your marriage! Apparently this is *the* most popular weekend for weddings of the year! Looking forward to your update.  :)

@Momifbysea Mini-IVF sounds really good to me. If the trade-off is higher quality for lower quantity, and it's easier to tolerate (plus some evidence that it works better in our geriatric age bracket ;) ), it seems like a no brainer since you only need one! What are your thoughts?
  • I think mini IVF sounds good at face value BUT and this is a big but for me...when I had my 2 iui’s I only had one egg each time, whereas a lot of people get multiple so I never considered myself a great responder. I wonder if Clomid would be different. I would hate to spend all that $ and come out with only one likely abnormal egg.
  • @marijaa333 good luck with IVF class Tuesday! When I went, seeing the injections and the amount of drugs I’d be taking overwhelmed me to the point I was physically sick in a restaurant that night and had a panic attack, but taking it day by day really helped and now I look back and it was all fine. I’m just an anxious person.
  • Thanks ladies! The wedding was perfect and we got some well timed BD in :wink: 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque beautiful picture! Congrats!!  Glad you some BD in! 
  • @Momifbysea I fear my husband will get freaked out by the class... I just don't understand why they don't let us do it online. It's at a highly inconvenient time!

@PoeMasque It does look perfect. I love the colors and the big smiles!
  • @poemasque thanks for posting your picture - so exciting and agree with @marijaa333 it looks perfect! I'm so happy for you.