March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Week of 8/5-8/11

How's everyone doing?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Symptoms - Week of 8/5-8/11

• Options
    Week 10. Symptoms still very mild to non existent as they have been throughout. Mentally, I bounce between being grateful for minimal symptoms and being optimistic to feeling certain something is wrong.
    *TW Didn't help that I had a miscarriage dream last night. I'm sure it's just a manifestation of my worry and nothing related to my physical condition. *TW

2 weeks until my next appointment. Just trying to stay feeling positive!
  • Options
    @mayoduck Oh I'm sorry you had a dream like that! Sending you positive thoughts!

I still feel great in the mornings and super gross in the afternoon and all night. Nausea hits after eating lunch so I've tried stick to blander type foods but not really sure it matters. My boobs are definitely getting bigger... I thought it would be way too early for that? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mayoduck i'm with you! i am 9 weeks and 2 days. the lack of symptoms is a blessing at times but a mental rollercoaster at others. i will say this week i am increasingly more tired. exhausted. can barely keep my eyes open. other than that... feeling pretty good. next appointment is 8/13, but apparently there will not be any ultrasound - just bloodwork (genetic testing) and a conversation... so i'm not sure it will do much to ease my mind. next ultrasound isn't until 8/24, which will be considered my 12 week. not sure i can wait that long. 
  • Options
    The gagging has commenced. 9 weeks today.
  • Options
    Nausea is less severe, but more of a low-level, all-day, I-feel-like-crap fest. Been trying to eat smaller amounts more frequently, but it only seems to be staving off the all-out barfing. Brushing my teeth continues to be a challenge. My boobs are less sore overall, but my nipples feel like they're on fire when I take my bra off at the end of the day. I feel like I'm sleeping a little better at night, not randomly waking up as much.
  • Options
    8 weeks 1 day today and everything has calmed down except a little nipple soreness, and morning sickeness. it was worse around week 6 but still definitely not pleasant at ALL. i have bad food aversion, and nausea but no throwing up. i am not enjoying this so much LOL 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog and @mayoduck with my pregnancy with DS I had zero symptoms in the first tri and he’s a happy healthy 3yo now! So try your best not to stress (easier said than done, I know). 
    AFM the nausea and exhaustion don’t seem to be going any where. 
  • Options
    Why do I always get uncomfortably burpy and queasy in the afternoon when I actually have to do things? I'm hosting a ladie's night at my house tonight and ever since I ate lunch I can't stop belching.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    ~6.5 weeks today. Woke up on Saturday with abrupt nausea - this has escalated to “I hate all foods.” I’ll be craving something, then take a bite of it and the nausea is so bad I make a mental note to never eat it again. I’m running out of options here! 

Hope everyone is well! 

• Options
    @meggyme total TMI but i am also incredibly gassy today.... except i wish it were burps....... ahhh pregnancy 
  • Options
    I'm still feeling pretty good.  I don't seem to be quite as tired today which makes no sense because I literally haven't slept for more than 2 hours a night for over a week.  I am planning to take a nap when I'm done posting though since my LO is currently down.  My days consist of randomly feeling fine and then like crap, I'll lay down for a bit and then I'll feel fine again.  Honestly, the lack of symptoms really has me freaked out because I don't feel pregnant at all and my biggest fear is to not hear a hb at my next appointment and that's not for another 4 weeks!

Other than the above, has anyone else has a dramatic increase in their sex drive?  Like omg....of course it's not helping my current situation!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I have been sleeping ALL the time. I took two 2-3 hour naps yesterday and still slept 9 hours last night. Just got up from another 3+ hour nap. also like @indigoheightsblog, oh the gas. I'm so glad no one's been home for a bit to hear/smell it because they have been awful. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    My symptoms are non-existent today.  I'm trying not to read anything into that and just enjoy the fact that I had energy to finally clean the house today.  It sure does feel good to be able to do something again!  
  • Options
    I feel fine this week, just tired. Nausea and extreme hunger feeling went away. So did sore nipples. Still craving water (which is super unlike me), peeing a ton already and bloating that’s not going away. I’m anywhere from 4-6 weeks (will find out for sure August 20th) but I don’t remember symptoms going away with my daughter. I keep reading it’s normal but still makes me feel uneasy. I should be in the height of my morning sickness shouldn’t I? I feel like I’m probably closer to 5/6 weeks just based off tiredness and bloating. My belly is already stretching out and hardening. It’s not gonna hide well for much longer. 

Ugh, also I feel like I have had little patience with my daughter due to being tired and her super independent, strong-willed personality. Any tips on how to stay calm with her? I really need to stop yelling and keep my cool, feeling sad about that today.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @mamakeeg I know lack of symptoms can be scary but yes try to remember it’s totally normal and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them come back. Enjoy the days where you are feeling good! With DD, I didn’t ever feel sick. Barely any symptoms my whole pregnancy. 

and I hear ya with trying to keep cool with the kiddos. I’m definitely more irritated and crabby with this pregnancy. I try to remind myself that she’s not giving me a hard time, she’s having a hard time. And many times I have to tell myself to stay safe and give myself a time out to calm down. And forgive yourself when you DO have a freak out (we all do!) and try to do better next time. If you have Instragram you should follow simplyonpurpose. She’s all about positive parenting and many of her techniques have saved me... especially now that I’m hormonal and pregnant! Hang in there mama!! 
  • Options
    @catlady2015 now I don’t feel as bad about the 2 hour nap I just woke up from! 
  • Options
    So I don’t eat hardly at all anymore I’m on zofran for nausea but I still have no appetite. Fritos scoops are about the only thing that sounds good other than ice cream (all junk food I know). Yesterday I literally ate 1 bowl of cereal, Greek yogurt, and 1 piece of pizza. Today 4 PB crackers, a cookie, and Fritos scoops. That’s it in 2 days!!! I have no idea what to do when I try to eat I literally just sit there and can’t eat. Any advice?! I remember I had adversions with my first but these aren’t adversions just literally no appetite. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I haven’t had much of an appetite either but luckily I seem to be craving healthy stuff (fruits and vegetables mostly)— if I really don’t want to eat sometimes I’ll make a smoothie or a PB protein shake. Make sure you’re taking a good prenatal. I read somewhere that calories aren’t as important as overall nutrients in the first trimester. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    @flyingmombula I’m definitely still taking my prenatal. I do need to get a new one though been taking this one since early May and I realized after the BFP it doesn’t have DHA in it. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 baby will take whatever it needs from your body, so since you’re taking your vitamin you don’t need to worry about baby’s nutrition right now. 1st tri is about survival, so if all you can force down is a bit of junk food, so be it. Just make sure you’re doing your best and drinking lots of water. When you are feeling better you can focus on eating better.
  • Options
    I called my birth center this morning because I've had so much uterus achiness. I thought the receptionist was going to transfer me to a midwife or have a midwife call me back, so I didn't tell her all the details. Well, she just asked a midwife about it and then told me the midwife said it could be an infection like a UTI. Well, I know it's not that. I've had UTIs before, and I've had this type of cramping/achiness before. So I'm not having an appointment until early Oct. due to travel, so she said I could go somewhere where I'm at and get a checkup or an ultrasound.  :|  Not sure I'm going to do either, at least not yet. Not until H gets back from his work trip anyway. 
  • Options
    Thankfully most of my nausea lifted in time for school to start. My static pain is killing me though. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing that is frustrating! Is there anyway you can talk to a phone nurse? Sometimes they have a bit more knowledge than the receptionist but I know not all practices offer that. I would say it doesn’t sound like the midwife is concerned so maybe that’s a good sign? But I would trust your gut if you think things aren’t right I would def have it looked into more. 

@JLaVO888 I started back today and actually did okay! But I did start zofran recently and I’m still hardly eating anything. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing i agree with @ashley14598 - don't delay! have you considered maybe a different kind of infection (not a UTI)? i have little to no knowledge on this, just trying to brainstorm... 
  • Options
    The midwives are nurses. And I have spoken with them on the phone in the past, just not this time. 

I genuinely don't think it's an infection. It feels the same as my period cramps, just worse, and I had it albeit not near so bad during my last pregnancy. For now, I'm just going to wait it out. Talk to my H tonight and see what he thinks. I would also like for him to be back before doing anything. I also haven't done any paperwork with my insurance for this pregnancy yet, and I have one piece in particular I need to take care of before any prenatal bills are submitted. So I'd like to get it done before doing anything as well. Obviously, if I really think something's wrong, that wouldn't be a big deal, but I don't at this point. It's just seriously annoying and makes me want to do nothing but sit or lie around all day. 
  • Options
    christac1010christac1010 member
    edited August 2018
    My symptoms seem to have let up the last few days which is stressful. I remember the same thing happening with my first pregnancy around this time though (9w/placenta shift). My nausea seems to be creeping back in and I’m still tired - so that’s reassuring. Also my boobs hurt SO bad and they won’t stop growing. I had to move back into my maternity/nursing bra so I stop falling out at the office. DS keeps hitting them and I swear I’m going to cry one of these times. 

ETA words. 
  • Options
    i've been getting anxious again the past few days. right after i found out i was pregnant (from weeks 4 to 6ish) i was convinced something was going to happen... i was paranoid and feared the unknown. then i saw the little bean an the heartbeat at 7 weeks and i felt so much better. i've been coasting now, enjoying knowing i'm pregnant and relaxing as much as i can with little to no symptoms most days. maybe it's because my next appointment is creeping up on monday... but i'm nearly 10 weeks along and now i'm starting to panic again! i swear this is the longest 12 weeks of my life. and even then, i understand i won't feel totally in the clear. just had to vent that out :( this is so joyful at times, and so so scary at others. 
  • Options
    I had so few symptoms...and then they hit like a ton of bricks. Stomach issues, headaches, constant nausea & hunger—evil combo, exhaustion, back pain, toothbrush gagging started, misery. Had to miss work this week.
    So I just started doing the home remedy version of Diclegis: starting w the B-6 vitamin and if that doesn’t work then will cautiously add the Unisom. Praying it starts working soon!
  • Options
    Anyone else get a surge of relaxin around 6 weeks? I woke up (on vacation, of course) and my back hurt so badly that I couldn’t move. I’ve been in a back brace for the last 24 hours, which has helped a lot. It also helps with rlp, so that’s nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog right there with you, symptom buddy! I was a wreck a few days ago, positive there was something wrong, but now I seem to be riding a wave of optimism and calm. Hopefully, your anxious thoughts and feelings will give you a break soon too!

New symptom for me: just had my first nosebleed in forever. Luckily, just a slight bleed.
  • Options
    @mayoduck thanks girl... my wave of optimism was so awesome while it lasted! Haha! I’m in slightly better spirits today, and I keep telling myself that Monday is right around the corner. I’m sure I’ll hear a heartbeat just like i heard it last time! Before my dating scan at 7 weeks I had a full blown panic attack in the waiting room with my husband because I had myself convinced something was off..... but that little heartbeat couldn’t have been stronger! Just goes to show that the mind can really play tricks on you. Are nosebleeds really a pregnancy symptom?! Woah!!!! 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog weird right? It's from all that extra blood trying to get through the tiny vessels in your nose, making them more likely to rupture.
  • Options
    @momofmanyinthemitten i'm feeling the relaxin HARD today. this is my first major symptom. woke up with horrible lower back pain. i also have a pounding headache. i finally caved and took tylenol because i'm drowning myself in water over here and no amount of hydration is helping me today. knock on wood i'm fortunate i haven't had much worse than this.... but i REALLY hope this settles down soon. 
  • Options
    @indigoheightsblog I am right there with you.  Since the beginning I have thought something was off.  I was actually shocked when there was a HB at 7 and again at 8.5 weeks.  I (subconsciously) will not let myself get excited about the baby and haven't started planning anything yet.  I don't know if its hormones, self-preservation or what but you aren't alone!  I'm praying I relax after the first trimester.
  • Options
    Well, the achiness is slightly better today. So far, it hasn't kicked in yet. I decided to drastically up my water intake because if it is cramping, increased water is supposed to help. At least it does in late pregnancy when it can be caused by dehydration. I drank an entire Nalgene before 8:30. It's now 10:30, and I'm halfway through another. So we'll see if it helps. So far, so good! But it is generally worse later in the day, except for yesterday when it was bad all day. 
  • Options
    Okay ladies the constipation is REAL tonight I have been crying real tears about how bad my stomach hurts so bad I couldn’t have my toodler (who isn’t big at all) lay or sit on me at all this evening. I’m so frustrated! I didn’t know it was that until I realized I haven’t gone in over 2 days or more. I took a stool softer but I’m not sure what else to do? Any tips? Thanks! 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I was suffering so badly until last week when I met with my midwife and told her how bad it was. She encouraged me to either switch prenatals to an iron-free formula or to skip prenatals until the end of first trimester. I switched to an iron-free gummy and it’s like night and day! 

I also drink a cup of hot water with lemon and eat 4 prunes before I eat breakfast every morning. Not sure how much it helps but it has become my preggo morning routine.

I hope you get some relief soon. It’s soooooo uncomfortable! 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I second the prunes. The other day I was stopped up so I ate 4 and took a nap and by the time I woke up I was able to poo. Also make sure you’re drinking a ton of water.
  • Options
    @meggyme @maggiemadeit thank you so much for quick responses!!! Sounds like I’ll change up my prenatal and try some prunes along with my water. 
  • Options
    Another remedy if you’re trying to keep pooing is to take fiber gummies. I take fiber well gummies once a day and drink the water, no constipation yet. FX it stays that way! You’re a little gassy the first two days but it helps keep you moving. I have a problem getting enough fiber typically and these have been a huge help. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19