October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday?!?!

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday?!?!

• Options
    @HoosOnFirst I do not miss working with the accounting team and being around them during year end! 
  • Options
    @mytrueloves sorry you're dealing with that! Hopefully you're feeling better now!

@sammierose464 oh I definitely am stressing it! And the boot the week I'm anticipating coming back from leave will be the week of my physical inventory.

@HoosOnFirst I told my boss in late March for that exact reason. I knew the timing was not ideal for my job but I wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page and we had a replacement in place. Well here we are and my Dr is trying to put me out of work soon and they dont have a plan. Everytime I asked she brushed me off and said she was talking to people. And my boss is on vacation for 10 days starting Friday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's not in school yet and honestly it's one of the reasons I'm stressing. We forgot to register her  :#
    I know people whose kids have already started school. But DF works long hours and I'm the stay at home parent so as much as I'd like to follow all the rules of bed rest, it's not feasible. I don't push it but I'm still taking care of the house. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @nmadjeski ugh that’s annoying. I have a million projects left and I am not sure my boss realizes how few weeks there are remaining. This is my second leave and last time my kid came 10 days early so you’d think he’d remember? 
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst my coworker ran into that. The manager kept making comments about how we had till August and such for her. Well she went 1.5 weeks early. 

I told work I want to kick off open enrollment no later than mid-Sept because I want it well under constru before I go.
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst Exactly. My boss is a woman but she doesnt have any children so I think she really just doesnt get it. She just laughs and tells me to keep her cooking.
  • Options
    Max came 11.5 weeks early.  We were in no way prepared for me to be out.  My boss was super happy I wanted to postpone my leave until he is discharged.  
  • Options
    @halfanewt sorry replying late. I’m hoping next time I go to chiro she can help me, but it’s been going on and off for the past few weeks and this week it’s been constant, so it might be here to stay.
  • Options
    Ugh my car battery died this morning and I missed my commuter train to work. Which only runs once every 90 minutes. And I didn’t bring my laptop home last night so I have to go in. I cannot get ahead, workwise, lately.
  • Options
    That's a crappy start to a Friday @HoosOnFirst . I hope it gets better...and at least it's Friday (and especially not Monday)
  • Options
    WTF to my bladder today. Had an appointment this morning and I just couldn't pee into the stupid cup. Like seriously? I have to pee every 5 minutes, this should be the easy breezy part of my appointment.

Nope. Better luck next time, I guess.
  • Options
    @nikimeloni had the same issue at my last appointment! I only had a dribbled and only was able to get two drips in the cup. Oy! 
  • Options
    @nikimelon Me too. Had my GD test last weekend and had to give a grime sample - I sat with my cup for my whole three hour apt thinking surely by the end I’d have to pee but still struggled to get it to the minimum.

But of course on the 4 hour drive we had to do yesterday I had to stop every half hour to pee!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So I got excited because I saw an expectant mother spot at Kroger and was fully going to take advantage because 3rd tri sucks. I pull in, and it says "registration required, inquire inside". What the actual fuck?!? You are going to make me wait in the customer service line just to use a parking space? Eff that shit. Thankfully I found a close ish spot nearby. 
  • Options
    I keep looking for expectant mother spots everywhere I go and can never find them. I was just telling my H last night I want to park in one at lease ONCE during my pregnancy. I swear I saw them at places we go to before I wa apregnant and don’t see them anywhere anymore.
  • Options
    Our Meijer (grocery store) has two, but the sign is actually over the cross marks of a handicap van parking. I feel like people don't catch that it's expectang mom parking.
  • Options
    They used to be all over the place when I was pregnant with DD. And there used to be parent w infant parking too. Now all the stores that used to have them don’t anymore! 
  • Options
    I finally got to use one when I went to Sprouts the other day. It was an expectant mom’s and new mothers spot. Even though I’m clearly pregnant and had DD with me I still felt judged by everyone who saw me park there.
  • Options
    We actually have expectant mother parking all over the place here! Well, mostly at the mall and the outlet malls. I'll take what I can get though lol I've used them pretty much every time I've gone. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I’ve only seen them at my church. They have a ton of expectant mother or single parent spots. We def use them.