December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 7/30-8/3

124»

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/30-8/3

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @katy0990 I saw that one a few weeks ago as well.  It looked wonky so I didn't even try to figure out the math.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @brittaniahutto
    I am thinking of you and your baby.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy I don't understand. Why do you want to see the April bump group? 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @katy0990 I think it's a simple case of you overthinking something that doesn't fit your situation & dates :heart: 
    Imagine that you have a paper ruler, but instead of inches it measures weeks, and the ruler represents average human gestation. Instead of folding it in half to pinpoint the true halfway point, someone folded back the first four weeks because "that's normal" and then they folded it in half and was happy to see a nearer halfway point. They thought it was cool and shared. That's all :smile:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @brittaniahutto Thinking of you and hoping baby can stay in there and grow as long as possible.  <3

@AdorkablePixie Haha, I wish!  But they've been in KS while our sod roots and since we'll be gone the next 2 weekends, they won't be coming home until 8/16.  :/ I miss them so much!

I also get excited when a new BMB goes up.  Probably because I'm rooting for TTGPers and just hoping so much I see familiar names in there!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @echo-charlietango I’m all for the encouragement about getting closer to the finish line, but somebody effed up the math, unless I am totally missing something. 

Set aside @katy0990 ‘s early BFP and use the 4 week mark for the BFP. 

40 weeks - 4 weeks = 36 weeks 
    half of 36 = 18
    but then you get to the step I think they didn’t do: you have to add the 4 weeks back in to get to “the mid-point of pregnancy since BFP,” so that’s 4 + 18 = 22 weeks 
  • Options
    @katzalia Oh I agree that the "encouraging" halfway point was declared with zero regard to math. I think it was simply forgotten, or the person who put that up didn't count on bumpies to notice.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango I think it just bugged me because I have been telling myself that 21.5 weeks is my halfway point and then seeing that got my hopes up, even though I knew it wasn’t correct. Yes, @Katzalia you articulated it so well. They skipped a step!
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    Hollyyyyy said:
    @binxybaby The more BMB's behind us, the closer we are to our EDD's.
    This + the drama of one-off posts. 
    @Jens_Hoes Word!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited August 2018
    katy0990 said:
    then seeing that got my hopes up, even though I knew it wasn’t correct.
    This is why “encouragement” sometimes isn’t helpful. 
    @echo-charlietango obviously it’s not a huge deal but “fun and encouraging” isn’t the opposite of “scientifically accurate.” In my dreams we can have both, at once.  :D
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango DH isn't a regular snorer, and when he does it's not usually this loud. He has a cold too, and he always snores when he is sick. It was terrible!! Yeah, I was definitely looking into a nanny because I thought it would be cheaper, but it would only be cheaper if he continues to have two days off during the work week and that's not guaranteed.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @brittaniahutto sending all the love and good thoughts. Hopefully all the worry now will be worth it; the more they know, the better they can monitor and the easier it is to keep baby safer, longer. 

@AdorkablePixie only 5 of us this time (but only 28 of us total, so that's a pretty good turnout, especially in light of all the recent pregnancies and births); we did a couple kid centric activities (an aquarium and a big climbing/trampoline gym), but also had a night or with just us girls and a couple barbecues/pool parties.  Off the top of my head I think I've met 12 or 13 of the girls total now? Went to one's wedding, had a group meetup with a bunch who lived/were vacationing in the same general area, and just happened to live in the area where a couple were traveling already. It's been fantastic every time; if you get the chance I highly recommend jumping on it!
  • Options

@AGK2015 That's awesome. I've only met a handful of my fellow May moms. I met up with two recently at the local zoo.

@morgantu LOL

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I just read Mouth Smell on October18...
    You're welcome  ;)
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel  Wtf did I just read?!?!? Thanks for the chuckle.