1st Trimester
Options

Late ovulation:

Hi ladies. I am not pregnant but am on my first month of trying. I need a little help. I have two kids ages 6 and 4. I have been tracking for the last 2 months and have really late ovulation. Day 21/28 day cycle. I got my paraguard out 2 weeks ago. My period is expected again the 14th and I have not ovulated yet.

Has anyone experienced this? Everything I am reading online is negative. Congrats to all the newly pregnant ladies in here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Late ovulation:

• Options

Hi ladies. I am not pregnant but am on my first month of trying. I need a little help. I have two kids ages 6 and 4. I have been tracking for the last 2 months and have really late ovulation. Day 21/28 day cycle. I got my paraguard out 2 weeks ago. My period is expected again the 14th and I have not ovulated yet.

Has anyone experienced this? Everything I am reading online is negative. Congrats to all the newly pregnant ladies in here.

The issue with ovulating on CD21 of a 28 day cycle is not with the ovulation, but with your luteal phase. Typically it's closer to 10-12 days long. If yours is 7 days, it might be too short as most implantations happen around dpo 7. However, that depends on how you are tracking your ovulation. Temping is the only way to confirm it at home. Also, having had your birth control in could contribute to when you are ovulating. I'd imagine it would change as your body adjusts.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Right. I have been reading about the LP and hadn't realized until I started researching. I have not been temping at all. I just use OPKs and got a positive at day 21 last month and also had some intense cramps that day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can have multiple hormone spikes that OPK's detect as leading up to ovulation. If you're interested in temping to be able to actually confirm ovulation read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, get a basal body thermometer, and check out the TTGP board. The ladies there have a wealth of information about temping, just make sure the read the rules and follow their lead.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with ovulating "late" as long as your cycle length supports it. Really it just means that when you get pregnant LMP-based due dates may be a week or 2 off for you. As PP mentioned, ovulating on day 21 of 28 leaves you with a short luteal phase which could interfere with implantation.

I highly recommend getting a basal thermometer and checking out FertilityFriend.com. It is helpful to really know when you're ovulating and how long your LP is, rather than "guessing" based on OPKs.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I have a late ovulation as well. I ovulate between day 19-22 with a 28 day cycle. I have gotten pregnant 4 times. I took B6 to lengthen my LP and every month that I took b6 I ended up pregnant that month. Check with your dr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker