October 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 7/26/18

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 7/26/18

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 29 weeks, size of an acorn squash

2. How are you feeling? More and more uncomfortable; lots of acid reflux. And I feel out of breath a lot. Must be really crowding up there.

3. Any appointments this week? 3-hr glucose test tomorrow, boo. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Husband put the dresser together yesterday, and the glider. Now just the crib and putting stuff on the walls. Getting excited!

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? I need a vacation!! Lots of investing (H is a financial advisor), and probably donate a lot.

• Options
    27 weeks. Lettuce. 

2. How are you feeling?

My back hurts a lot!

Next Friday.

Aside from my back hurting? Just got told the pregnancy parking at work is for patients only. Pretty much a nice F*** You from the clinic I work at.

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it?

Pay off bills, pay off house, buy solar panels, then maybe a nice vacation.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RosieMommy2016 the parking thing sucks. sorry.  :|
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 27 weeks, Lettuce (last week of 2nd tri!)

2. How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. Last couple of days I've noticed I needed to pee more and I'm really achy in my groin/pelvic area. 

3. Any appointments this week? Not until next Tuesday. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? None today. 

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? pay off car, student loans, invest, set up our parents/siblings, travel and live abroad for a while... and then maybe buy a Peloton. :blush:

• Options
    dash83dash83 member
    28 weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant. Yay for the third trimester!! 

2. How are you feeling?

been tired lately, and super hot in this heat wave, so all the things that go with that. 

Nope.

annoyed with Amazon as our crib arrived a bit damaged, and is a huge hassle to return. They comped us like $80 though to keep it, which is good. The scratch is on the inside panel and will hopefully be fixed with some white primer... 

One more for paying off loans, debt, invest,  help parents- etc.! Would also buy a house with more land and a view, do some traveling. Find meaningful work or a project to keep myself busy. Depending on how much, that might mean setting up a family foundation. 

• Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 29 weeks, acorn squash. 

2. How are you feeling? Same as always...ready to be done. Reflux and heartburn are insane, my pelvis feels like it’s breaking, I keep having horrible sharp cervix pains (not exactly lightning crotch - I don’t remember this kind of pain happening until the very end with DD and DS). Just all-around over it.

3. Any appointments this week? I had my 3 hour glucose on Monday, and I passed *happy dance* 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Frustrated because baby is still transverse. I have an ultrasound in two weeks to check his growth and position, but my OB is definitely already talking c-section. DD turned at 36 weeks and DS turned around 35 weeks, but I’m stressing because after two vaginal deliveries I do NOT want a c-section. I cannot even imagine trying to recover from that with a 4.5 year old and an almost-3 year old. 

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? I would start by buying my dream house on some land, then upgrade both of our cars and pay off my student loans. The rest would go in savings. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 29, butternut squash? 

2. How are you feeling? The usual, uncomfortable, short of breath, terrible hip and back pain, really irritable. 

3. Any appointments this week? Had a growth scan today and my glucose test and midwife appointment tomorrow. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not really any of the 3, butI just don't feel ready at all for this baby. Between the recent car accident, and packing for the move/upcoming closing I'm beyond stressed. 

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? Build a home in my husband's native country, set aside college funds/business capital for my kids.

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 28 weeks, eggplant

2. How are you feeling? Mostly tired, even when I get enough sleep, I'm still dragging. 

3. Any appointments this week? Yes, had 1st glucose test yesterday and failed so have to go back for the longer one tomorrow. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? People at work are driving me bonkers, I feel like my patience has just up and vanished. 

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? Student loans for sure, probably then buy a big house on a lake or in the mountains. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 27w, a cucumber or lettuce

2. How are you feeling? Good! I’m really tired by the end of the day, but overall right now I’m feeling really good so I hope that can continue because we have a really busy August coming up.

3. Any appointments this week? Not until next Thursday for my 28 weeks checkup, rhogam shot, and glucose test

4. Rants/raves/questions? DH and I are doing a 3 day babymoon to Chicago this weekend! I’m loving having some time just the two of us even if it isn’t too long.

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? Definitely pay off our student loans and any other debt. Help my parents and siblings, build a bigger house, donate some and save the rest so we can live off of it and not have to work so hard at our day jobs!

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 28 weeks, woohooo third tri!! Baby is the size of an eggplant? 

2. How are you feeling? Big. Hot. Tired.  

3. Any appointments this week? next appt is on Monday for my regular OB visit. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? ugh I’ve been having so much trouble getting comfortable at night when I’m just trying to relax and watch tv on the couch.  If I sit like I normally do, I get sharp pains through my left foot/leg when I try to get up, and I can’t seem to find another way of sitting that is comfy enough to stay for a while.  I just want to lay down and watch tv comfortably!! 

5. GTKY:  A day late, but one can always dream - if you won the Mega Millions, what would you do with it? I’d probably use some to build our dream home, as well as buy another property back east where my family still is so that we could go visit more. Then I would do a bunch of traveling, and then put some aside for my kids’ college funds. Oh and I would probably quit my job and stop working before the check even cleared :wink:

• Options
     How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 
    30 weeks size of zucchini! 

2. How are you feeling? tired, with random bursts of energy when it isn’t hot then tired again! Lots of pressure and some period cramps (doc says to take it easy and drink water) hard to take it easy with three little ones! Starting to feel stressed for all the things going on my to do list lately but trying to relax and seize the day! We are on the way to the beach now! 

None

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not at the moment 

Pay off House, keep house we have but invest in a bigger home(or build) maybe even move to a warmer area! 

Buy a winery and live off of that! Travel the world when possible and plan for kids future somewhat! 

• Options
    @dash83 in a year the crib will have teeth marks on it anyways.
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt truth. Our crib looks like a beaver slept in it with all the chew marks on the top rails! 
  • Options
    28 weeks, baby is the size of an eggplant

2. How are you feeling? 

Tired as usual, even when I sleep. Heartburn and leg cramps have really been keeping me up at night though.

Monday I have a growth scan and I have a regular ob appointment on Thursday. 

Just happy to be in the third trimester. 

So many things. Pay off debt, buy a house, travel, set us up for the future (retirement, school for the kids, etc) and donate a bunch as well. And with the way I'm feeling about my job lately I'm thinking I'd do the same as @pumpkinpancake and quit my job. I'd go back to school for nursing though, I'm so over retail. 

• Options
    @nmadjeski i’m In same boat for leg cramps
    what has helped me is eating a banana (or dill pickles can help too) before bed (I try to eat it one hour or so before so I don’t get heart burn) and sometimes I have to take one tums before bed so heart burn doesn’t keep me up but it has helped and anytime it feels tight I stand with my toes on my stairs and let me heels hang off for 15seconds to stretch and I have been avoiding them most nights now!! But I wish you luck! It is terrible waking up with that pain! I’ve even been getting muscle cramps in the side of my hip!! I didn’t even know that was possible ! 
  • Options
    @kellitama920 thanks for the tips I'll definitely have to try that! Thankfully I haven't had an actual cramp, just tightness, in a couple days. I had no idea you could get them in your hip like that either! Sometimes I get them in my inner thighs which is super annoying.