December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 7/21-7/22

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 7/21-7/22

• Options
    @maureenmce my daughter refused to go to sleep without being snuggled in human arms for a really long time, amd we had the 1+  hr timeframe like you. We talked it up a lot about the transition to being grown up enough to go to sleep in her own bed by herself for 1-2 months, and then a little before age 3, she was ready.

Since that time, bedtime is way easier (2 books, snuggles during one lullabye song, and then parent says goodnight and reminds her we’ll check on her in a little bit when she’s asleep) and only takes about 15-20 minutes depending on storytime. I was a little worried we’d be doing the long goodnight forever, but since age 3 bedtime isn’t one of our struggles (though there are others for sure). Sharing our story primarily in case anyone says to you that you’ve ruined her sleep habits forever (something I heard a more than a few times). 
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon I think two weeks is too long as well. H and Iwent to Hawaii for two weeks for our honeymoon. We weren’t sick of each other but we were sick of not being home. It just gets to be too much after a while. We were actually tired of people being so nice...we’re from the northeast and very used to the “rudeness” or at least people generally leaving you to yourself. I’ve never been happier to be around the rude airport people in our home city. Like a breath of fresh air! Haha I’m sure you’ll be so happy to be home with your little guy! Safe travels! 
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tunneltunnel member
    @PensiveCrayon @rosebud332
    I could be on vacation forever!  We did two weeks in Hawaii and I wish it was longer - but we did do 3 different islands and were very active on all of them.
    BabyFruit Ticker