Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

6 1/2 month old refuses solids!

We have tried VERY thinned out cereal with formula, no.  Cereal thinned with juice and water, nope!  Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and apple sauce.  No, no, no and NOPE!  She clamps up and turns her head the minute she sees the spoon.  I've tried giving her spoons to hold, making it a game and even just a tiny taste on her lips, she makes a horrible face or will even gag just licking her lips.
She is the happiest baby, is reaching her milestones right on target, we just have this problem!  She's a petite little one and only drinks the low end of what's required for the day with her formula and does sleep through the night.  Anyone else going through this?  She goes to the pedi tomorrow so I will obviously be bringing this up.  

Re: 6 1/2 month old refuses solids!

• Options
    We have tried VERY thinned out cereal with formula, no.  Cereal thinned with juice and water, nope!  Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and apple sauce.  No, no, no and NOPE!  She clamps up and turns her head the minute she sees the spoon.  I've tried giving her spoons to hold, making it a game and even just a tiny taste on her lips, she makes a horrible face or will even gag just licking her lips.
    She is the happiest baby, is reaching her milestones right on target, we just have this problem!  She's a petite little one and only drinks the low end of what's required for the day with her formula and does sleep through the night.  Anyone else going through this?  She goes to the pedi tomorrow so I will obviously be bringing this up.  
    I wouldn't call that a "problem," personally. Six months is a pretty common age to just be starting solids. It's not unusual for babies to still be eating 90% or more breast milk or formula until one year (and this is actually a stance espoused by some people. Have you ever heard the phrase "until they're 1, food is for fun"?)

My daughter didn't really take off with solid food until after a year. She mostly refused it until 9 months or so. After that, it was little bits, and then she really started being interested and eating a lot at 13 months.