December 2018 Moms
Options

Fitness check in - 7/19

I haven't seen one of these in a while.  I think it's technically a Friday post, but I'm feeling rebellious.  How is exercise going?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fitness check in - 7/19

• Options
    I've been making it to the gym about 2 times per week and trying to go for walks or do short videos at home 2-3 other days per week.  I'm not thrilled with how much I'm doing, but it's better than nothing.  I've also been tired so it's hard to get the energy together to do it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I've been getting in 2 days a week of exercise as well. I was hoping to up it to 3x this week, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'll aim for that next week.  I'm not going to lie, it's already getting difficult to do a lot of things that used to be pretty easy (mountain climbers while pregnant, yeah right!).   But some exercise is better than none.  I'm really just hoping to stay somewhat active so the rest of pregnancy, labor, and delivery are as easy and smooth as possible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you started this! I've been going to the gym 3x per week.  I was getting in hikes over the weekends, but it's been in the 100s recently, so that's a big fat no.  I'd like to keep this up as long as I can!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @echo-charlietango I don’t blame you...unpacking and getting settled in is no freaking joke! Hopefully life gets into a rhythm for you soon :)

Over here I’m in vacation mode, so eating has been whatever (lots of fish in Scandinavia!) but we’re walking between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day, so that certainly doesn’t hurt. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I'm averaging about one run a week. I've just been too exhausted to get up early to do it, and by the time I get home I either have a headache or it's 90 degrees out. Need to make more of an effort, possibly this week while I'm on a work trip (I'll probably end up going in to work later while I'm away). 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Good for you mamas who are sticking with your workouts! I'll bust out my mom-voice and say if you're already doing it, just keep doing it, and keep going as long as you can. :blush: I was so fit through my last pregnancy and it helped so much in delivery.

Now is a completely different story. I've been trying to just take a daily walk during the workday. There's a mile-long loop around a lake in our office park. It hasn't been happening daily but I am trying to be conscious. I lowered my fitbit step goal to 7,500 from 10K, so that it felt achievable but still pushes me. Yay office job. 
  • Options
    katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    Good for you ladies who are sticking to your work out plans! Does anyone have any suggestions of good videos or resources to use to get a quick workout in at home?  The circuit training then I was doing before getting pregnant, is not really pregnancy friendly.
  • Options
    There are some decent Zumba ones on Amazon prime video (or whatever it’s called)!
  • Options
    @katy0990 I don't have a specific recommendation, but I've done a bunch of videos and usually what I do is just search "prenatal workout" in Google and then select videos.  Then I pick one that is a reasonable length.  So far I've mostly been doing yoga/stretching videos.  There are a ton of them out there!  I did this short one the other day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    morgantumorgantu member
    edited July 2018
    Still going to yoga a couple times a week, trying to takes walk when it's not surface of the sun hot. :) Just doing what feels good, sometimes that's moving, and sometimes not so much! 
  • Options
    Im running 2-3 times a week. I think it will be 2 this week (because I’ve already run twice). I get sore in my crotch (like a ligament sore) after running and usually need a day off in between. 
    This has been my healthiest pregnancy so far so I’m going to keep it up as long as I can.