Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Fri-Yay! 7/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Fri-Yay! 7/20

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 26/(10,11, or 12)

Timing: good to ok

Typical LP length: 7,9

Testing: I'm thinking now that O could have happened a couple days later than I think it did. H and I agreed to wait to test until Tuesday FMU which is DPO 14, 15, or 16.

R/R: I'm having trouble focusing at work  :s is every TWW going to be like this? Also, it's Friday! Yay!

CS/Q: Temps still high. Although last night I discovered how truly variable temperature is overnight by taking a few measurements. A whole degree! I'm going to look into inexpensive strategies to monitor temperature continuously.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12/9

CD/DPO: 17/3 (but I think FF is wrong and I'm only 2)

Timing: Depends on who you believe re:O day, good or great

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Undecided. Want to WFAF to no show but dunno.

R/R: Why am i always so tired!? I slept pretty well but definitely could have slept later. Well at least its Fri and I can sleep in tomorrow right? 

CS/Q: Oh, FF; how you torture me so.....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/12

Timing: -3 -2 -1 O

Typical LP length: 14-15

Testing: Tested today cuz Ovia said go for it (FF disagreed), but BFN of course. Temps are still high-ish, but I'm pretty sure it's going to stay negative, I've got all the other signs of the impending AF... 

R/R: All the women is my family have basically just had to think "Gosh, I'd like to get pregnant" and, boom, it happens. I know we haven't been trying long, but I'm terrified that it won't happen since we're trying so late in the game (I'm 38). My FI is calling the doctor to get a sperm analysis next week, I had testing a couple years ago (all fine) and new insurance won't cover more tests. 

CS/Q: none
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/6

CD/DPO: 19/3

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: i've only been timing this since last month, but i think 9-10

Testing: i'm toying with the idea of stopping temping and waiting for nature to take it's course. (i.e. wfaf to come or not come)

R/R: i have slept like crap all week. last nite i was out at my company's summer outing, and then this afternoon i have a hair appointment and then going out to dinner with some friends.  i ended up having 1 glass of wine yesterday, and will try to not drink tonight, or at least just have one. 

this was my first month doing temps with OPK and it's really fascinating to watch all this happen. 

CS/Q: spoiler 

• Options
    Well, my temps were still high this morning (even went up from 98.4 to 98.5), so I think I'm going to head to the store on the way home after work for that test. Very nervous about it, and, stupidly, very nervous to tell H that I'm even testing this go around. So, I'll either be back here on Saturday/Sunday with a big "womp womp" post or....

@marebear15 - Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

@loveanddatadriven - From my albeit limited experience, I would say, yes, unfortunately all TWW seem to end in constant distraction, especially closer to testing dates. I hope you can find some fun things to do to take your mind off of it over the weekend and that things remain positive on the temp/no AF side of things!

@prpl11butterfly - It's really neat how the RHR mimics your temps. I hope you get some good sleep this weekend and feel more rested!

@tinybluesprite - I'm sorry about the BFN. Hopefully FF was right and it was just too early. I started out using both Ovia and FF and slowly found myself forgetting to use Ovia at all. FF just seemed to have a much better handle on balancing all factors at once.

@yooosara - I tried to stop temping after O this cycle and failed miserably. I know some on here are successful at using temping only just before O and until they get crosshairs. I can definitely see the comfort in not having it readily available to obsess over. But at the same time, I'm a very data driven person, so it's hard to willing give up on collecting information like that. I hope you have fun at dinner with your friends and that you, too, get better sleep!

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/8 (unless the application I am using and OPK I used is wrong)

Timing: not quite sure how to answer this (this newbie may need help) but for this time we tried 5 days leading up to 0 and the 2 days after so... would that look like this? (-5,-4,-3,-2, -1 0, +1, +2)

Typical LP length: not quite sure as I just started timing all this, but I think 5-7

Testing: I did try an OPK test. I did receive a positive reading the day that my Flo app told me I should be ovulating... though I got a negative later that night, and a positive the next morning. I think I will stick with mornings from now on, not different times

R/R: (Not quite sure what this means can't find on glossary) I am having trouble focusing at work, I feel fatigued constantly and I am now hyper aware of my body and all the possible symptoms. 

CS/Q: Again, not quite sure what this means - sorry I am such a newbie! Though, I assume Q is a question haha. So, do any of you ladies have some suggestions for trying to take your mind off of obsessing over everything during your TWW?
    "We are not here on this earth to see through each other,
    We are here to see each other through."
    See the source image
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 FX for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please keep us posted!!!
  • Options
    *Lurkingggggggg*

@auburnvelvet86 I'm waiting with baited breath!!

@Sparty18 You're so nice & helpful :smile:
  • Options
    @halical - I'm so glad you decided to jump over here and join in! We're glad to have you! And I definitely sympathize with all the acronyms. It took me quite awhile to figure out the "CS" part of CS/Q! As for the TWW, I wish I had a great suggestion for taking your mind off of it! I mostly set up some mental rules for myself about how many times a day I can check any of my monitoring apps and pretty much avoid charting any symptoms so as not to go crazy with SS. Of course, just keeping oneself busy is probably the best!
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 Thanks so much! :)   That is a great suggestion, I feel like I have no will power but I could definitely try to set some boundaries for myself. Perhaps this will be something I get better at as I move along (we'll see!)
    See the source image
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly what a beauteous chart! After last cycle’s disappointment, it had better not be sending mixed signals...

@auburnvelvet86 gah, the anticipation is killing me! Fx so hard today!

@halical welcome :)

month/cycle: 3/2
    cd/dpo: 40/?
    timing: heck if I know anymore, haha
    typical LP length: ?
    Testing: still holding out for Sunday.
    R/R: working a long day today, and tomorrow. At least that will distract me from the TWW?
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 thinking about you and hoping for that BFP!!!

@loveanddatadriven yeah TWW are the worst.

@prpl11butterfly I'm definitely sleeping in tomorrow and taking at least one nap. It's just been that kind of week.

@yooosara I agree, when you add OPKs and temps into the mix there's a lot more to watch!

@Swiftlet hoping for BFP for both of us on Sunday! :)

CD/DPO: 26/8

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Sunday, but I think I might cave and test tomorrow morning. I'm not feeling hopeful though.

R/R: Yay for Friday!!! I'm going to donate some furniture and knick knacks to a thrift store tomorrow, yay for getting rid of more stuff! I had to have an awkward conversation with a customer today and let them know that my company will drop them as a customer if they continue to violate our policies. I feel bad because our customers really need our services, but we do draw a line and will not let ourselves be walked over. I'm really awkward when it comes to confrontation.

CS/Q: My temps have been back and forth between 97.10 and 96.93 for the last week. Not a good sign in my mind. 
  • Options
    I hope it's ok I jump in here.  I haven't yet because I don't temp so I can't actually confirm O and my dates are purely speculation from one of those generic apps, but I need to calm the crazy.

@loveanddatadriven  I hear ya, so hard to concentrate!!  FX for you!
    @tinybluesprite  Sorry about the BFN.
    @prpl11butterfly  Hope you get to sleep in tomorrow nice and late!
    @yooosara  I think I'm going to start temping.  It's amazing how much information you gather from it!
    @auburnvelvet86  Holding my breath!!
    @halical Great timing this month!  I wish I had that much energy haha.
    @Swiftlet  Distraction is always good to have!
    @luckywife10  I hate confrontation!  FX if you decide to test tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 15/3

Timing: Pretty good

Typical LP length: 14?

Testing: I'm going out with friends for drinks on 10 DPO so I'm going to test to see if I can have a couple drinks with them.

R/R: I'm symptom spotting like a loon and I just can't help googling "3DPO uterus twinge"  Ack.  My bosses have been out of the office for most of the week so I've been able to take my time with some things (only my third week here) but I've also been slacking a ton.

CS/Q: Nope!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly if it counts for anything, I think you had great timing either way! And if FF is right, you have fewer days to wait in the TWW ;)
    @tinybluesprite FX for you! Hopefully, just too early! And I understand the pressure of a fertile family. I don't know about you, but I feel like it's big shoes to fill.
    @yoosara Oh, I like the idea of not temping after O-ing. I actually did that backward this cycle -- didn't measure anything during WTO because I was on vacation, and then measured everything when I got back for the TWW. I like your way better.
    @auburnvelvet86 So excited for you! And I know you're anxious about this cycle. Just know we're here for you.
    @halical Are you just coming off BC? If so your cycles might be a little funny.
    @Swiftlet have a good couple days at work! Yes, distraction is good!
    @luckywife10 If you cave before your test date, you won't be the only one... See below...

*SS alert!* So felt the tiniest nausea bubble this morning BEFORE my PNVs. I've been fooled before, but now all I want is to POAS... *Facepalm* So much for waiting until Tuesday. Will try this afternoon.
  • Options

CD/DPO: 27/13

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: caved and got a BFN this morning

R/R: still not convinced my O date is right based on BBT, no signs of AF yet. I’ll either WFAF or test again Sunday or Monday. 

CS/Q: Temps still high

• Options
    @jessg2223and @luckywife10 We must all three get BFPs on Sunday. I demand it.
    @loveanddatadriven I hope it isn't creepy to say but I've been wanting you to test! I feel like you've been so good about waiting even this long! You and @auburnvelvet86 can lead the BFP charge for this weekend :p
  • Options
    All this talk of testing and possible BFP is making me so excited for everyone!!! I've  been SS like crazy today, even though all my "symptoms" are easily explained by other things. 
  • Options
    halicalhalical member
    edited July 2018
    @loveanddatadriven hey thanks! Nooo, I have been off BC for...must be close to two years now and I am pretty regular - almost like clockwork!
    See the source image
  • Options
    @mermaidca hahahaha, thank you. I am going to try to do that every month. Though, I really don't have the energy haha. Also - TMI WARNING- TTC friendly lubricant 100% necessary. :s
    See the source image