December 2018 Moms

PGAL Check in w/o 7/18

It's another Wednesday already! Some of us are at the halfway mark, and all of us are getting there! Woo hoo!

Welcome to the PGAL (Pregnant after loss) weekly thread!

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.There is no need to add specific trigger warnings in your posts, but you may if you choose.** 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: If you had intro music, what song would it be? 

Re: PGAL Check in w/o 7/18

• Loading the player...
  • @lippy625 I’m so sorry about your grandmother.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @lippy625 didn’t see your post before. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Try not to worry about going to the hospital to visit her. 
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.

• @lippy625 Sorry to hear your stepgrandmother is in the hospital. Anxiety is rarely rational, and it totally makes sense that you would correlate time spent in the hospital with bad things happening. I hope she recovers soon.

@rosebud332 Glad your floors were repaired seemlessly!

@prudence9-2 Good luck on Friday! I hope your A/S goes perfect!

@morgantu Have you looked into getting a belly band for low back support? The OB I met with yesterday suggested I get one, since I mentioned having occasional pain there. I'm looking for one on Amazon today.
  • @Hollyyyyy huh! I have one, but didn't think to wear it as support, only for my growing belly needs! That is a great idea! Thanks :) 
  • @rosebud332 I’m glad Home Depot took care of it!
    @lippy625 I’m sorry about your step grandmother. Your anxiety is understandable. Sending creepy internet hugs your way! Also, I hope the migraine goes away.
    @prudence9-2 Good luck Friday!
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    @Gingersnap_mama He is just in a regular twin bed with rails. We put him in his new room now, but all of his stuff is still in the nursery. I figure here in a few weeks I will slowly start moving his books over and eventually we’ll pull the dresser out of the closet. So, there really isn’t anything for him to get into yet.
  • @lippy625 Could you make it up there before your anatomy scan?  That way you'll have the reassurance of seeing baby after your visit to ease your mind.  I'm sorry about your grandmother; it's such a hard time.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Thanks ladies for all the thoughts. @Gingersnap_mama I appreciate your opinion as a nurse! Definitely helps ease the anxiety a bit. 
  • Saw more responses after I posted!

@texas_t that is a good idea. I honestly don't know that I'll be able to wait that long to go see her even though it's only two weeks.  @maureenmce Typing it out here made me feel a little more reassured so that is a start. My mom is going to see her again in the next day or two so I'll probably try to tag along. Having her there will help. 
  • @lippy625 Would you be able to go in and just have a nurse use the Doppler on you? My OB told me that if that was ever something I needed to ease my anxiety, it was an option.
  • @katy0990 I hadn't discussed that option with my OB but I would bet she would do it if I asked. Even though I am a new patient to her, she performed my D&C because my gynecologist was on vacation so she's been very understanding of my anxieties related to loss so far. Thanks :) 
  • @texas_t Oooooh thanks for the gummy rec- I LOVE gummies! Care to share the support band that you bought, also? I've been playing around on Amazon today, trying to decide which one to buy.
    Also, good luck with having your MIL stay with you for 2.5 weeks! I don't know if I could survive any guest that long!  :D JK- you'll be fine.

@gingersnap-mama Glad I'm not the only one feeling "rolling"! It's much different than what I was imagining movement to feel like, but also much different than anything I have ever felt before!

@maureenmce I'm so happy your A/S went well yesterday! Congrats on being over halfway!!
  • @texas_t Please let me know how you like the support belt. Good luck with your MIL. I would schedule a few date nights, a pedicure, and maybe a prenatal massage. Get out of the house and enjoy the break with free childcare!
  • @Hollyyyyy and @katy0990 Here's the support belt! There is a 20% off coupon on it too! It got great reviews. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D3I1D4W
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t Thank you! Just ordered  :)
  • @echo-charlietango You are not alone with the stillbirth fear. My grandmother (a L &D nurse) lost 2 babies very late term and didn’t know until delivery. It terrifies me!
  • @katy0990 Ack! That's real nightmare juice there. Hopefully we'll all be spared from such late-term losses :scream:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    20+4, 11 weeks past my loss

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 
    Ok. Heartburn, RLP, Sciatica, Constipation, and a pain in my ride side when I am active.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 
    Medium. Use the doppler almost daily. Not feeling a lot of movement yet. Also worried about late term loss because I seem to have heard about a lot of them recently. The hospital where I'll deliver had a baby delivered at 22weeks go home this week, so that is great! That's only 1.5 weeks away from now.

4. Any appointment updates?
    Not really. Had an appt Fri but it was just urine/bp/weight/doppler. Have a follow-up anatomy scan next week since mine was early at 17w5d.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Not much. We're down to 1 car at the moment, so we've (son & I) been stranded a lot but we made it to the splash pad Mon & school clothes shopping. 60 sent pancakes at IHOP on TR. I'm in MOPS leadership so I made our flyer, magnet & business cards this week.

6. GTKY: If you had intro music, what song would it be?
    Maybe Katy Perry Firework?
  • @artemis618 Congrats on finally passing your latest loss milestone!! It’s all new territory now :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @prudence9-2 I’m so glad your scan went well!
  • Thanks @katy0990 :)
    TTC history in spoiler box:
    Me: 42, single
    Hysteroscopy: 2013
    IUI #1-2: 2013 BFN
    Surgery 10/2015: Planned to start trying again but had a surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    Surgery 5/2016: Planned to start trying again but had another surgery. (Not related to fertility)
    IUI  #3-5 (with Clomid): summer 2016 BFN
    IVF #1: 11/2016. 30R; 21M; 20F; 8B (6 day5 & 2 day6); 4 normal after PGS
    Medicated FET #1: 1/31/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFP. Embryo stopped growing at 6w 1d. MUA at 9w 3d.
    Medicated FET #2June 2017 - cancelled...
    Hysteroscopy #2: June 2017
    Medicated FET #2: 8/7/2017 transferred 1 embryo 5BB. BFP. Ended in CP.
    Medicated FET #3: 10/11/2017 transferred 1 embryo 3AA. BFN
    ERA: December 2017 - need an extra 12 hours of PIO
    Medicated FET #4: 1/24/2018 transferred 1 embryo 4AA. BFN
    Out of embryos.  :'(
    IVF #2: 03/2018.