November 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 7/9

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/9

• Loading the player...
  • @ftm_jen so much yes! I don’t think H will oppose it either because I catch him stealing it from me whenever I get up and he’s still in bed.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ftm_jen We had my pregnancy pillow in DD’s toddler bed because I didn’t want rails and I just stole it back a couple of days ago. Best sleep I’ve had in 5 months!!!

• @pink_polkadots Which beach did you go to? I'd like to plan a beach trip this summer but I'm not sure where to go. We've only ever done Ocean City and I'd like to try something different.
    @MouseMama817 So glad you don't have to be worried anymore! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @rosebud1230 did you ever get some clarity on your EDD? That was a head scratcher. 

• @offtoneverland my family has been traveling to Chincoteague, VA since before I was even born. A part of Assateague Island connects to Chincoteague which is where the beach is. It’s an adorable, quaint little island town. We love it there. It’s about a 3 hour drive, so not much more than Ocean City. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pink_polkadots Ooooh, that looks so nice! I'm going to look into it. And I bet DD would love the wild horses! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited July 2018
    @mockingjay1 so exciting! Congrats on the house and I hope all falls into place. What a beautiful view!

@MouseMama817 how much do you feel with the anterior placenta? I felt one kick two days in a row then nothing for a week but flutters. My paranoia of something being wrong seems to never fade. I wish I could feel him moving all the time! In the beginning I said once I can feel the baby moving I can worry less. Mother nature had other plans for my stress this year I guess!
  • @mockingjay1 that view tho, gorgeous! 
  • @mockingjay1 Wow! Hope everything works out with that beautiful house!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Congratulations @mockingjay1!! It is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad you feel more settled with your new neighborhood and area as I know you were worried about leaving your connections and mom groups there. Can you get on facebook (if you're on it) and see if there is a mom's group or kids group for the neighborhood you signed the contract at? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks ladies! @wannaflickone - I am still super sad to leave our best friends, but we will try and see each other as much as we can (she just had a baby at the end of May and I'm obviously due in Nov). I actually joined a fbook group for that area of town, and I have gotten so many wonderful recommendations, it's been great! People seem very friendly, so hopefully it won't be long before we meet new friends. Our realtor told us our next door neighbor is due with her first in November too!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @lifesabeach85 Not yet! I haven't talked to my OB yet and my next appt isn't for two weeks yet. I figure she must not be too concerned since I haven't heard from her! I'll be sure to update when I hear what she thinks about it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mockingjay1 How exciting!! I’m so glad everything is falling into place before your LO gets here!

@ftm_jen I’m 20w3d and have only felt a definitive, solid kick once, perhaps twice. Other than that I’ve only felt flutters below my belly button. I had the exact same thought, that I would finally be able to relax once I could feel her moving but it hasn’t worked out that way. 
  • So DH sent me a breakdown of all our monthly expenses with the new house and daycare added in. I have to say, it was a little scary. We will definitely be living on a shoe string for awhile. 

Do you ever get those uneasy feelings that a blessing is actually a curse in disguise? I mean, don't get me wrong, we have wanted this baby for so long and were ready for him but then to get a house too, that is a lot of extra expense that I am not sure either of us had fully grasped. I know we will make it work but it means cutting out a lot of things. 
  • @bfpafter4years I definitely understand. H and I were prepared for the additional expenses and understood what all went into caring for a baby, but at times it still feels overwhelming when I start to break down the costs of diapers, day care, etc. It will definitely be a big change for us and will mean budgeting a lot more tightly in other areas - food is always a big one for us. 
  • @bfpafter4years I totally get what you mean. We were prepared that the budget would be pretty tight once LO arrived but unfortunately DH was unexpectedly laid off this week. I'm trying not to panic and hope he will find something new quickly, but it's hard not to feel like my life would be so much less stressful now if we weren't expecting. 
  • @meg1115 so sorry got that added stress and hope he finds something quickly!

@bfpafter4years financial stress is the worst but you guys are budgeting and planning. Try to keep positive and know it will work out! I think we will be having some cheaper meals than we do now as well.
  • @bfpafter4years We went from 2 incomes and living in a small condo (where I had initially lived alone so the bills were reasonable) to having a kid and purchasing a home within a year. We bought a fixer upper house and renovated it from head to toe. We completely blew our renovation by a lot. I had also quit my job to stay home with my son. I absolutely miss the days where I didn’t have to worry or even pay much attention to what we were spending. Now I’m much more aware of my spending and am always thinking about how to cut costs. 
  • @mockingjay1 Beautiful home! I hope that everything falls in place for you. On the pre-school note, we had a lot of luck sending our DS 4 days. The pre-school actually advised against going 2-3 days because it's hard for them to get into the swing of a routine. 

@bfpafter4years It's definitely tough getting on a new budget (we're trying to pay our home off early), but I was surprised when things just become normal (bringing lunch to work, coffee @work or brewed at home, questioning our purchases and selling things we haven't used within 6 months). The small changes really add up for us here and there. 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3