Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 7/14-7/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 7/14-7/15

• Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: I don't even know myself.

R/R: AF showed up. I was a little shocked despite all my protestations that TTC wasn't as important embedded as I am in married bliss. But of course, I couldn't stop myself from imagining that I would have a honeymoon baby and be able to announce to all and sundry just one month married that we were expecting. I really don't know what more I can do. I suppose we don't HIO enough, but it is difficult with our schedules and his tiring job. I have a fertility appointment on August 1st. I'm not sure which is worse: them telling me something is wrong or that nothing is. So I am wallowing a bit. Not as bad as previous months, but I am wallowing.

CS/Q: I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I can't recall. Are there any good guidebooks, if you like, for TTC?

@LJMoon6 I am curtailing coffee as well except today. CD1 permits me a full cup of full caff coffee. I have replaced it with Lady Grey tea. It is light on the caffeine and very pleasant. I'm sorry you didn't get your warm welcome. Airports are lovely places and the best part is your arrival or the arrival of a long expected loved one. Hopefully, YH apologizes for his crankiness. I can't remember what you do for a living. Fx for your timing <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 I'm sorry YH was being a cranky pants. Hopefully he redeemed himself. Do you work in research? I only ask because I go to similar conferences with similar universities as part of my research job! :smile:

@meri-mac I'm really sorry about CD1. It can be a real mind F. I hope your coffee is perfection. Have you read "Taking Charge of Your Infertility"? 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD, Charting, PNV, B6, OPKS, checking CM

R/R: Total rant here. Between PCOS & being Italian, I cannot even BEGIN to describe how annoyed I am at the little black hairs that like to sprout on my chin like I'm an old grandma. I don't have the time to get waxed every week and if I shave it, I get legit stubble. It's not all over my chin, just small clusters, but WTFFFFF.. This is a total rave for the salon where I get waxed, by the way. They make so much money off of me and my chinny chin chin.  :s

CS/Q : Nada
  • @meri-mac Sorry about CD1. I hate being surprised by her. I'm glad you're fertility appointment is coming up soon. I know I was so afraid of being told nothing was wrong (which is exactly what happened). But it actually hasn't been as bad as I thought. The fear of the unknown before the tests was a lot worse.
    I love airports. I always find them exciting. I don't mind if my planes delayed or if I have to stand in long lines. It's just always so exciting going somewhere and having an adventure. It sucks that he took that away from me. But he did apologize right away. He could tell by my face that he had pissed me off lol. Cutting coffee was so hard the first week. I'm still letting myself drink tea, I mostly wanted to cut the acidity of coffee out not the caffeine. So when I'm having a hard time with it I go to Starbucks and get a vanilla chai. So good!

@literatureandink Yes I work in research. I love it! I work for a large university in the midwest. My department is part of a national collaboration in nanotechnology supported by NSF. We had a "working group" meeting at Stanford on Thursday. The big names are of course intimidating but it was more the advanced degrees and knowledge that had me so nervous. I only have an undergraduate degree in physics and biology where as most of the people there had PhDs or masters in this field. I also had zero experience/knowledge in this field until a year ago when I was hired on (no idea why they hired me lol but very grateful that they did). So I am very fresh. I know that I just need to take time to build my knowledge and confidence. I'll get there. What kind of research do you do?
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Month/Cycle:  3/2

CD:  20

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, Supplements

R/R:  I am feeling better today, but still have an annoying cough and a bit of a sore throat.  I'm over it!  My rave is I have a job interview Tues afternoon!

CS/Q: Ok I don't know what;s going on.  According to temps, it looks like maybe I did O.  Do you guys think there is a temp shift?  I really don't know what else would explain the higher temps.  But according to everything else I didn't....I had zero of my usual signs of O'ing.  And this would be early for me.  Is it possible to still get high fertility readings on the digital after you ovulate?  I have never had a problem with OPKs but know some people with PCOS do.  And I definitely seem to get more positive ones lately than I used to so maybe I can't rely on those.

• @LJMoon6 Sorry he was annoyed, but glad your trip went well!

@meri-mac I am so sorry for CD 1 :frowning:

@literatureandink Sorry that sounds frustrating to deal with!
  • nitnat007nitnat007 member
    edited July 2018
    Hi ladies, just doing a quick check in as it’s been a rough start to the weekend. Washer overflowed and our basement flooded. DH’s car broke down and we had to run diagnostics on it to figure that out. And our cat decided to leave us a gift to cheer us up, a dead mouse in the passage. Nice quiet relaxing weekend. Check!

@meri-mac Friend! I’m so sorry to see you here. I was hoping so bad that you were going to have that little fairytale and get KTFU on your honeymoon. *hugs*

@LJMoon6 So sorry that YH wasn’t welcoming when he picked you up last night. That is a bit of a gut punch for sure and totally get how you feel. I hope he makes it up to you the rest of the weekend. 

@sparklingdiamond What other signs do you normal use to track O? By temps I would say yes. But if you normally get a pos opk then maybe not. Perhaps your cold is affecting your temps somewhat? I hope you feel better. I know I’m still struggling with it  so I feel you. 

@literatureandink That’s very frustrating to deal with for sure. I’m so sorry that you have to face that obstacle. 
  • @LJMoon6 I work for a major Biomedical Research company near Boston. I'm not a researcher - I do the finance for the researchers. Each group gets a certain amount of money per year based on their proposed studies and what has gone through as Proof of Concept. I basically tell them what the can and cannot spend and make sure they stay on budget.
  • @sparklingdiamond There is a definitely a temp shift there, it seems. What would the chart look like without the discarded temps?
  • Sorry for being awol and having to p&g.... it's been a busy last few days around here. But I've been trying to read as much as I can, hopefully I'll be caught up tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: ff, bbt, rhr, opk, pnv/supps

R/R: I got EWCM today!!!! I'm super excited, but also annoyed that I decided to skip my temp this morning, but oh well.... It's been a busy last few days and we haven't been able to HIO.... hoping for later tonight at least.

CS/Q:  nada
  • vl_16vl_16 member
    @nitnat007 I'm sorry for your no good weekend. I hope your week gets better.  

@meri-mac I'm so sorry to see you back this month. I know it can be hard not to put extra pressure on the timing. I hope that your appointment gives you some answers. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2 (1 benched)

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: BD, PNV

R/R: finally off the bench and so excited to start again! I've been MIA with work and to avoid the FOMO with not trying.

Not temping or charting until next cycle. Still traveling a ton for work and my sleep is all over the place. 
  • @nitnat007 Ygpm.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @LJMoon6sorry YH was a butt head. Hope you guys were able to smooth things over  ;)

@meri-mac CD 1 permits all the coffee and wine a girl could want. Sorry that your back here.

@literatureandink MA and Italian? We getting more alike by the day! Honestly I'd pony up the $$ for laser hair removal if I were you.

@sparklingdiamond
    I agree it does appear to be a temp shift. Were you using OPKs even though they aren't showing on your chart?

@nitnat007
    ugh, so much for relaxing. I hope nothing else happens and the remainder of your weekend is chill.

Month/Cycle: 
    12/9

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT/charting, OPK, CoQ10, Prenatals, green tea, HIO EOD, softcups 

R/R: So tired again. It's like I get 1 day where I don't feel run down. I wish I knew why and could do something to change it (okay, I know I could excersise and that would help but I just cant get myself to). Had a good afternoon hanging out with my family at a cousin's graduation party. Good food too  :D

CS/Q: 

• @nitnat007 Usually I get watery CM and then sore nipples.  But we did have sex so it was hard to tell if I had CM or other stuff that day.  So I guess it's possible I missed it.  But I usually have been getting watery CM multiple days, not just one.  

@prpl11butterfly No I wasn't taking any OPKS before when I show them on the chart since I was on vacation.  Now I wish I had!

@literatureandink If I put in the two discarded temps, it changes my O day, but gives a solid line.  But then gives me temps below the coverline.

This is today's chart.

• @prpl11butterfly I'm thinking of going the way of laser for sure. 

@sparklingdiamond I'm definitely thinking you may have O'd...at least you HIO in the fertile window for both potential O dates right?
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited July 2018
    Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Right now, not a lot.  Coming off what I'm pretty sure was an anovulatory cycle due I think to my going a little too far in trying to shed some of the 10lbs I've put on since my wedding last year.  So just gearing up for the new cycle and focusing on eating healthy and exercising without going overboard.

R/R: I have some work to do that weekend, and it's neither terribly hard nor all that time consuming, but it's basically ruined my weekend because I've been procrastinating, which results in it hanging over my head all weekend but not actually getting done.  On the plus side, at least it's a pretty weekend, and I'm getting to work on it from my patio (or will as soon as I get off here, that is).

CS/Q: Nope

@meri-mac, sorry about CD1.  I've been taking a break from here and missed that the wedding had happened. Congrats!  I hope it was everything you'd hoped for and more.

@LJMoon6, I like airports, too!  I live in a small city with a small local airport 20 minutes away where you basically always have to change planes to get anywhere other than ATL and DC and two much larger airports about 1.5 hours away from which you can take direct flights.  Particularly if I'm traveling on my firm's dime, I always choose to fly out of the local airport and connect, both because security is a breeze and more importantly, because I actually kind of like the layovers.  At least I'd much prefer to spend the extra time actually in an airport than on a highway getting to one.  Hope you enjoyed Palo Alto.  I'm out in the Bay Area relatively frequently to visit clients (patent lawyer, so a good chunk of them are in SV) and always love visiting, though I don't think I could ever live there.

@sparklingdiamond, good luck with the job interview!

@nitnat007, yikes, hope your weekend improves!
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO, FF Charting, just bought a BBT monitor, cutting back on caffeine, and just got a ClearBlue OPK.

R/R:  I got married June 16, went on a honeymoon to Belize June 18-25. On the wedding day it was the last day of my period (just spotting) and the next day I was supposed to start a new pack of BC pills, but we decided I would not start that pack and we would TTC. Didn't happen the first cycle, so now I am trying to do my research to help it happen quickly. I was on BC pills for like 10 years and am 29 years old. DH is 35. Some things that concern me are that I missed about 3 periods I think in the past year. Each time I called my OBGYN and she said that's fairly normal when on BC pills because they thin your uterine lining, so I might not have had much of anything to shed. I also get occasional night sweats so I wonder what this means about my fertility? I am hoping that cutting back on caffeine might help? I have also been told my multiple doctors that I have a tilted uterus. I am not sure what that means or what implications it may have. My mom assured me she has a tilted uterus and had 4 babies with no issues, so fingers crossed. Wishing you all good luck!

CS/Q: I'm sorry I don't know what this means? (newbie here). I tried looking it up, but couldn't figure it out.
  • @catlover0202 - I just came off my BC (NuvaRing) April 30th after being on it for 14 years and I, too, missed 3/4 periods in the preceding months. Your OB/GYN is correct as far as my knowledge goes - sometimes the uterine lining is so light that the shedding is minimal. I can't speak to the night sweats, but I did have a lot of insomnia for the few weeks after I stopped the ring. Its much better now. Congrats on the wedding!

Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: Temporarily benched, but still charting CM, CP, BBT, and using the Flo app. About to add OPK to the mix as I think I've been having anovulatory cycles the last few months. 

R/R: DH and I are in a few counseling sessions before we try again in August/Sept. He's been dragging his feet otherwise because we have a big ski trip to Park City, UT over Christmas planned and wants me to ski with him. I insist that I'm happy to sit in the lodge with cocoa and my knitting with my feet up, but, no. He's such a planner it drives me nuts sometimes. I, for one, like to fly by the seat of my pants. :smiley:

CS/Q: I couldn't figure this one out, either. Tried the search function, too. 
  • @sparklingdiamond You definitely O'd. Ff seems to have it probably right, but it also looks like you might've O'd cd16. 

@nitnat007 Did you find out what was wrong with your husband's car? Yikes on the basement flood. I hope it didn't cause too much damage?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Month/Cycle: nope

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: all the things except apparently not sex.

R/R: I'm currently hugging a beer bottle while watching cloack & dagger.

CS/Q: Idk w inthe h is actually going on. Friday morning, opk was negative, afternoon was positive and then evening was negative. Negative ever since. I think my body was gearing up to O and then delayed. I'm thinking this might end up being an an-O cycle :/ My husband had performance anxiety on Friday night and then again Saturday morning. This cycle is gonna be a bust. Ah well...... *yawn*

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake We did. It was some wheel speed sensor?? I don't know, but it triggered the engine sensory and just turned the car off. DH has a little diagnostics machine that he plugs in and it reads all the computer stuff and tells him what is wrong. They don't make cars the way they used to, all these computers now. Crazy. 
    I am so sorry that YH wasn't up to hio this weekend. It is so tough on them and on us when that happens. I hope that you get a second surge though and this cycle doesn't end up being a bust after all. FX. 
  • Thanks @nitnat007, me too! Yea, the poor guy. I think what happened is I said, "Baby, we have to have sex tonight." I should know better by now. It works so well when I make a schedule and give it to him. He has less anxiety when he knows the days to perform, in advance. 

I've seen those diagnostic machines. When we had a jag, I took it to a shop who used one and it was so cool. You're right about the cars these days. I'm not sure how the computer chips make it better. In my eyes, it takes away the right of people to figure out what's going on themselves and fix it. I guess that's better for mechanics and car dealerships though. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I try not telling DH too far in advance when he need to perform. For him, he tends to do worse that way. I just try and find it in myself to seduce him. After the fact he figures it out though lol. 

He has had this same chip chip glitch in the past. It’s cost us almost $200 at the dealership to change. We did it ourselves this time and the part was $40. It’s just frustrating when a chip will actually stop the whole car from running when it was a chip for the horn or something random. They are pretty cool gadgets though. 
  • Yea that's frustrating. I didn't know it can stop a whole car, that's insane! Your basement is okay?

That's a good idea re; seducing. Thanks for the reminder. I think I just feel kind of over it this cycle. I need to order some new lingerie and plan some fun stuff out for next time. Though I do think my husband wore himself out this cycle. Even yesterday, he worked on his motorcycle all day in the hot sun. Yelling at it and throwing tools. By the time it could've been time to hio, he was too tired and well, the rest is history. I'm sure he would've been into it if I would've just initiated rather than pouting :D 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake We are still waiting to see if the flooring in the connecting room is going to be ok. We have the dehumidifier running non-stop right now. FX we don't need to rip up any flooring.
    Whoop Whoop!! Get it!! Glad you got him to hio.