February 2019 Moms

FFFC 7/13

Friday the 13th edition!

Re: FFFC 7/13

• My husband and I haven't dtd since conceiving this baby in May. I feel like crap because I can't crap, so, not in the mood for pokin'.
  • I lurk on the Jan. 2019 board regularly. Total creeper, right here...
  • Loading the player...
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @bleucheeznwine I feel you. We’ve only done it twice since then. First I was too scared and felt gross due to my spotting, and now I just feel like crap. I have a feeling it’s normal to have a low libido in first tri, poor husbands.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @ruby696 I lurk on baby center daily. They have so much drama and dumb stuff. It’s fascinating. 
  • I’m due the 21st and the astrology nerd in me hopes it’s the day or two before (it likely will be before the 21st if my blood pressure gives me grief again.) If this baby is an Aquarius our family will have one each of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits Okay, so I also lurk on the MIL board on WTE. Not proud of that, but it's  pretty entertaining. 
  • @bleucheeznwine I’m in the same boat as you, and I don’t even feel bad about it
  • I’m due the 21st and the astrology nerd in me hopes it’s the day or two before (it likely will be before the 21st if my blood pressure gives me grief again.) If this baby is an Aquarius our family will have one each of Earth, Air, Fire and Water. 
    @madreofdragons I’m obsessed with astrology too.  Originally I thought my EDD was February 25 which would’ve made the baby a Pisces like my husband but now it is feb 3 so Aquarius it is! I’m fire but my son and husband are water.  Just short an Earth baby!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jessier19 said:
    @bleucheeznwine I’m in the same boat as you, and I don’t even feel bad about it
    Same. If I have to feel like crap, he can go without for a bit. 
  • My husband and I swore we would never resort to giving our child a screen to entertain her at a restaurant. Well, after she had an epic meltdown while we were waiting for our food at Cheesecake Factory we put on baby bum on Netflix on my phone and gave it to her. It worked like a charm of course. We still only plan to use it in ‘emergencies’ but I still feel guilty. 
  • Oh don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad about it at all. It's the least he could deal with, really.
  • @ruby696 it’s my secret shame. My husband doesn’t know. It’s like trashy tv but (presumably) real live adult humans. 
  • jessier19 said:
    @bleucheeznwine I’m in the same boat as you, and I don’t even feel bad about it
    Same. If I have to feel like crap, he can go without for a bit. 
    Yep. Same. I actually have wanted to, but he's been busy in the 15 minute windows where I am not exhausted and/or nauseous.

@allthingsgo - We said the same thing with DD. At this point, it's last resort (after coloring and things like that), but I really don't give a fuck if that's how I have to entertain her. People can judge away.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• We’ve DTD once and even that it was a super quickly while the kids were eating breakfast. No shame here. 

As as far as electronics in a restaurant... we use this often on vacation (because if I’m paying out the ass for a resort restaurant, I don’t want my hooligans acting a fool). Before kids, I said I’d never do that along with feed my kids chicken nuggets and non organic juice. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BourbonBiscuits There are probably at least 1/3 of the posts where I want to comment and say, "You're wrong. And totally unreasonable and unrealistic. And most likely a horrid DIL. And I feel sorry for you inlaws."  :D
  • I ate an entire sleeve of mint Oreos a few nights ago in one sitting. My husband called me out on it today and I lied straight to his face. Indignantly told him it was over the course of a few days. COME AT ME HUSBAND. JUDGE AWAY
    I support this.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @BourbonBiscuits I do this when I’m *not* pregnant, so DH hides his snacks from me. He also likes to point out he can stop at one cookie.

I have no shame.
  • @kayjay44 @conchispita he drank all my big red (my greatest pregnancy craving), so I don’t feel guilty at all. Planning to eat more tonight while he’s at work. 

• We haven't DTD since I got a positive test, H knows it probably won't happen until after my 6w postpartum appt.

My FFFC: I think QVC is the greatest thing in the world. I spend way to much money and have packages arriving at least 5x a week from there. 
  • I’m more excited about taking my pants off when I get home than I have been about anything all week. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• We’ve DTD once and even that it was a super quickly while the kids were eating breakfast. No shame here. 

As as far as electronics in a restaurant... we use this often on vacation (because if I’m paying out the ass for a resort restaurant, I don’t want my hooligans acting a fool). Before kids, I said I’d never do that along with feed my kids chicken nuggets and non organic juice. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 
    So true. So many things I said I wouldn’t do when I had kids I’ve done already, especially with food. For example, my daughter had French fries for dinner the past two nights. You do what you gotta do. 
  • @ThePax89 - me too. 

I enjoy Disney movies more than I should. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016