TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 7/9/2018

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Re: TTCAL Week of 7/9/2018

• 2. Status? Oh, I dunno. Like CD 10. WTO. 
    3. R/R: Looking to be off the bench this cycle, and hoping to get this train back on the track. Sick of being benched and playing the waiting game...
    4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? Harrison Ford in his younger days!
    harrison ford GIF

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 2. Status? who knows? Looks like it may be an anovulatory cycle. :( It looked like I geared up to O middle of last week, but I didn't get an actual temp rise to confirm it, went back up to higher pre-O levels but not over 98. 
    3. R/R: Argh. I accidentally stepped on someone's toes at work (and she's really touchy about someone stepping in when she's doing something, but she wasn't getting what the person really needed) and now she's miffed at me. I hate that. 
    4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus) 
    Chris Pine :yum:

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @dpjennifer - yay for being off the bench this cycle!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • 1. Oh hay. I've been on the board a little but am just now starting to actually try
    2.  CD11, CM shows I'm ovulating
    3. R/R: I'm just happy I'm off the bench, finally got my period so I feel like I kind of work normal again.
    4. I'm going to have to go with David Tennant, the 10th doctor and he also played Killgrave on Jessica Jones too
  • edited July 2018

@dpjennifer Nice to see you back and off the bench.

2. Status? CD5, day 3 of injections for IVF
    3. R/R: So strange not to be temping and charting because everything is being controlled.  I'm having a hard time with giving up that little bit of control I felt when I was charting and using OPKs.  Nervous it won't work.  First b/w and u/s to check follicle growth on Wednesday.
    4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus) Oh man, it totally depends on the day!  Today I'm feeling David Guintoli.  Thor is never a bad choice either ;)  Or Ryan Reynolds.  Apparently the hormone injections are having an effect....

• Introduce yourself (if new):
    2. Status? TWW CD 27 I don’t think I Od this cycle I geared up but no temp increase.  Then I went on vacay and think maybe I did then but didn’t have way to confirm.  So I think I’m just waiting for AF. 

3. R/R: Back to work today after vacay and I’m duty officer so stuck here all day on top of that my caseload blew up while I was gone now I have court this week.  Just sucks 

4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus) so Ed Harris I’m Stepmom.  Something super sexy about him in that movie. 
  • @dpjennifer glad you are off the bench

• Good luck on Wednesday @bakerstreetboys and I’m glad you’re off the bench @dpjennifer and @nottodaysatan

2. Status? CD 1
    3. R/R: I will be ovulating while on vacation with my in laws :grimace:
    4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus) I’m going to go with Taye Diggs right now. Which may be showing my age 

• @dpjennifer glad to hear that you are off the bench. @Mack2342 I am sorry that you think you are having an anovulatory cycle- that just sucks!

1. Introduce yourself (if new): I'm Chloe- hung around here from 11/2015-11/2016. Two MCs, then LC, and CP this past April.
    2. Status? First cycle off the bench -CD 2
    3. R/R: Trying to decide whether or not to start temping again. I posted a longer intro, but I dealt with some serious depression issues following my first two losses and I am hoping to be less intense this time and I feel like temping isn't going to help my MH issues. Since my PP period came back last September, with the exception of my CP in April, I've been pretty regular and my CM has been really easy to read. Unlike before my 2 MCs. 

Aaron Rodgers
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new): Still new-ish

2. Status? CD5

3. R/R: Rant- My Fitbit broke on 4th of July, like completely started falling part; Rave- I bought an Apple Watch series 3 yesterday :smile:

4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? Kenny Chesney, Tom Brady, Patrick Dempsey, and I have a newly acquired crush on Mitch Moreland (Red Sox)

@dpjennifer Fingers crossed you get off the bench this month
    @catlady2015 oh no for an 
    anovulatory cycle, yes to Chris Pine
    @nottodaysatan Yay for being off the bench
    @bakerstreetboys Fingers crossed it works, I would also have a hard time giving up control of that stuff
    @Mack2342 I'm sorry that you are so busy at work, it is always hard to come back after vacation to a heavy workload
    @mwmiller4 hopefully you can get some alone time during vacation ;) I used to have the biggest crush on Taye Diggs
    @chloe97 Aaron Rogers is cute, but I would have to say Tom Brady is cuter hahaha ;)
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• 1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new :)

2. Status? Waiting for af. Cd22 now, no ovulation this cycle on femara 5mg when though that's what got us pg before. So the plan is to trigger another period with progesterone and do femara 7.5mg. Hopefully it works! 

3. R/R: Just frustrated with the anovulation. And worried about the side effects with the increased femara since I had a lot on just the 5mg. But my rave is that my fertility clinic has been so amazing and I even got a call from the doctor about the plan today! So that's awesome :)

4.GTKY: hm... probably Chris Evans as Captain America! Especially with the beard, yum! 
  • edited July 2018
    @mwmiller4 Yesss to Taye!  He's in an upcoming/about to be released Netflix movie.  It will be on my list!

Some of the other boards have a weekly Man Crush Monday thread.  Something to think about!
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new): Hello I was active on the Bump for my August 14 child but only just joined this board
    2. Status? Currently at estimated 12 dpo. At my last pregnancy I didn't test positive until 15 dpo so I'm waiting until Fri
    3. R/R: where I live it's been 100+ all week and today it's super humid as well, I'm so over it
    Definitely Chris Pratt

• @bakerstreetboys what?! I hadn’t heard that! What will this Netflix magic be called so I can add it to my list?

@sagems10 I’m so sorry about the anovulation but that’s great your doc is being responsive—hopefully the new plan works like a charm!

@booksandlace how did I forget about Chris Pratt?! He makes my list, too!

@MelissaMay82  I love my Apple Watch!! Like probably too much...and get waaaay too excited when I fill in the circles. Are you liking it so far?

@chloe97 I get the struggle with temping/not temping and adding to anxiety. I hope you find a good place where you feel both informed and at peace. 

• @mwmiller4 I believe it’s called “Set it Up”!
  • bakerstreetboys I'm totally up for some ways to liven this board up some!  I do miss Man Crush Monday.  Although, I secretly miss Twatwaffle Tuesday more (if for no other reason than I LOVE the word Twatwaffle)... :)

chloe97 I stopped temping as well (for now). It definitely is good to not have that daily stress, although since I can have some really long/wonky cycles (up to 59 days), it can be a bit stressful at the end of the cycle. Still keeping an eye on my CM though, so we have an idea of when to DTD.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I see no reason why we can’t have both Man Crush monday and Twatwaffle Tuesday!  I have many entries for both....
  • @MelissaMay82 ha! We can agree to disagree on Tom Brady. I actually have this intense hatred of him going back to college when his team ruined our chances of going to the National Championship. You must be a Boston Fan. Hoping to see a Ref Six/Cubs World Series this year!

@dpjennifer I don’t know if it was anxiety or hormones following my 2 MCs, but after I started temping- my sleep got awful. I sleep better than ever now and I worry what temping will do to my anxiety. Because of how bad things got for me after my first 2 MCs, I kinda want to NTNp, but I’m too much of a control freak for that. While it’s good to see a familiar name here, I’m sorry to see you here and I hope you are t here much longer!

• @mwmiller4 thanks! It sure does suck, but I'm lucky our doctor is so awesome!  Good luck with your cycle :)

@booksandlace Chris Pratt is on my list for sure! He's so funny! It's also been in the 100's for us too, although we don't have much humidity so that makes it easier. Good luck with your upcoming test! 

• 2. Waiting on AF. Benched ourselves this past month though we did have 1 slip but it was on CD7 so chances are fairly slim
    3. The amazing OB in our small town is moving. If we need to see an OB once ges gone we will have to travel an hour away. 
    4. Oh boy. So many to choose from. Sometimes I find actors even hotter when they are in a sexy role. But then you just look at their picture and they are just not as hot. Like Justin Chatwin from Shameless. If I had to pick, today I'd say Bradley Cooper but id change my mind tomorrow 

• So many gorgeous men in this thread!!

2. Status? TWW, 4dpIUI- it’s gonna be a looong two weeks, I think. At least the doc just gave me a date to test on so I can fixate on that lol.
    3. R/R: Rant: Had a doozy of a cold the past 3 days- the first day back at work always stinks. 
    Ooh..  Tom Hardy is the first one that comes to mind- he’s a good actor plus he’s a fine-looking rough around the edges sort. Plus, like any of the guys who were in Inception, he sure can wear a suit.

• 1. Introduce yourself (if new):
    Hi all - I've spent most of my time in the TTC board, then most recently the March BMB board, but officially got my third set of betas back today indicating impending miscarriage. So I guess I thought I'd give this board a try for a while. This is my third loss this year, CP in April/June and a 21 week loss back in Jan. 

2. Status? WFAF 

3. R/R: Was really super hopeful for this pregnancy. I could believe the previous two were "flukes" but it's hard to lump this one into that category all well. Three flukes in a row? I don't think so. Betas were also really high to begin with... in the 600s, compared to last CP's betas which didn't get over 200 the entire time. I guess in the end the numbers mean nothing unless they're doubling. Waiting for the doctor to call with next steps but I don't know what's left. 

4.GTKY: Assuming you got a free hall pass, which famous person would you want to have a passionate affair with? (Picture is a bonus) Don't feel like playing today. 
  • @nomangos23 so sorry for your losses. Welcome. 
  • @nomangos23 welcome to the group but I'm so sorry you are joining us here. I've had 3 mc's as well. The first was devastating and completely caught me off guard. The second one I felt like I must have horrible luck. The third was a kick in the gut when you're already down. My body obviously is working against me somehow. Hopefully you can get some tests done and hopefully find some answers. 
  • 1. Hi guys! I'm not completely new (name used to be pumpkin0913), but I haven't been here in a while. Nmc 12/25/16 self benched myself for nearly a year then ntnp for a while. Just got a bfp Wednesday started bleeding almost immediately and bfn today.

2. Status? I guess that puts me at cd 3

3. R/R: I guess I'm just at the "why me?" stage. I was afraid to try again and have another loss, so I waited for what felt like forever and still ended up having another loss. On the bright side, I'm ok. I'm sad and upset, obviously, but I know if this had happened a year ago, I wouldn't have been ready. I wouldn't have been able to handle it as well as I am now.

4.GTKY: On a lighter note, Michael Weatherly... Mmmmm so handsome!

• splashmountain Sorry you've had another loss, especially after such a long wait. It definitely sucks to be in the RPL group. I know it's probably too early, but any ideas about the future? Did pumpkin0913 get banned, do you know? 

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @splashmountain I'm sorry for your loss.  RPL just plain sucks.  As to your hall pass pick, helloooo Tony Dinozzo!  Yummy!
  • @dpjennifer thank you and we don't plan to wait. We're going to start trying again right away. And no, I didn't get banned, just felt like changing my username.

@bakerstreetboys thank you. And Tony is oh so yummy! I've been crushing on him for years! 
  • @splashmountain welcome back but sorry to see you back here.  I hope you aren’t here long.  And Michael weatherly is yummy 
  • Sorry to see you back here @splashmountain
  • @mwmiller4 I am loving my Apple Watch so far! I also love filing in the circles (I just wish that it went off of steps rather than calories).

@chloe97 Oh no about the Tom Brady thing, I would probably feel the same way. I went to a small division III college so we didn't have any of that with sports (we did have some good sports teams though and they did win championships but it's not the same). I am definitely a Boston Sports fan (born and raised in NH). DH and I actually got Red Sox season tickets this year, it has been an amazing experience! A Red Sox/Cubs WS would be awesome! :smiley:

@nomangos23 Welcome, I'm sorry for your loss

@splashmountain I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know who Michael Weatherly is, but he is handsome!

• Thanks @MelissaMay82. Michael Weatherly used to be on the tv show NCIS and now he's on Bull. Ncis started like 10-15 years ago, I've been crushing on him for YEARS lol
  • @splashmountain oh yeah, I used to love NCIS! :smiley:

• @MelissaMay82 hello from down here in MA!
  • @MelissaMay82 and @prpl11butterfly Wait how many MA/NH peeps are here? Hello from MA!
  • @lin0442 I actually have no idea but color me surprised to have another NE lady!
  • @prpl11butterfly and @lin0442 Yay for NE girls!!! Where do you ladies live in MA? I live right near Concord, NH.

• @MelissaMay82 I’m a little north of Boston, right inside 95. Moved here a couple years back and I love the area :smile:

Ugh I try not to let it wear on me but there was someone in the TTGP dailies who was happy their urine hcg test was negative at the dr’s office (for an unrelated appointment) because they ‘didn’t want to find out like that’. At about 2.5 years of trying, I had to stop myself from posting because I had NOTHING nice to say about that. So insensitive.