July 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday 7/11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday 7/11

• gingerbride26gingerbride26 member
    edited July 2018
    WTF to DH - he went for a walk with his BFF last night - and while I'm glad he got guy-time and thankful he pushed the walk to 830 so he could put DD down so I could just lay in bed in pain - he got back after 11 and proceeded to then shower and shave in the ensuite bathroom with no door between us, and then play games on his phone lighting up the whole room until 1...and I have a standing 7 am meeting on Wednesdays... then DD woke up at 715 screaming for daddy while I'm trying to host my meeting, luckily it got out early and i limped down the hall to get her, but can you not HEAR HER!?  At least I got some amazing toddler cuddles this morning.  Although my hints about him bringing me back coffee and breakfast between daycare drop off and work fell on deaf ears...at least he let the dog out to save me the stairs this morning...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I’m gonna have to give a major wtf to my H today too. It’s induction day and I’m on my own with the kiddo til he gets home from work this afternoon. He knows I want the house in order before we leave, aside from just the regular morning chores needing to be done like feeding the dog and loading the dishwasher. And he’s knows bending down to do these chores isn’t exactly easy for me. He started the day on a good note by letting my stay in bed while he got up with our son. But then he did his usual, sit on the couch for 2.5 Hours doing nothing before going to work. Dude, you could’ve done all the normal chores plus folded clean laundry, changed the sheets on the bed so my mom could have fresh sheets,
    take the dog out, tidy up, put away the box of wipes that just came in the mail, I could go on and on. but nope, he did none of that, so as soon as my son goes down for his nap I’ll be going all of that instead of taking a much needed nap myself. He also told me yesterday he was taking a half day at work today, and then on his way out I asked when he’d be home and he said 4. Dude, 4 is not a half day,
    and it leaves one hour until we potentially have to leave for the hospital, so clearly I’m doing all the final preparations myself, including making dinner since they won’t be feeding me at the hospital. He just doesn’t get it. 
  • @zande2016 he gets up 2.5 HOURS before going to work!? I just keep getting stuck at that part... DH sets his alarm for 730, snoozes until 745, then brushes teeth and throws on dress slacks and a polo, throws clothes on DD from the daycare pile, and is out the door by 8/810 for daycare drop off before grabbing a smoothie/DD on the way to the office.  Honestly, when I'm going into the office I'm about the same way - and i'm a morning person! I can completely relate to the 4 pm being "half day" nonsense, and so sorry he's not being more supportive of to-do's on the big day.  Can you make any of it a game for DS to help with? That's how I've been surviving picking up the play room etc - DD has been super into being a "big helper" and fetching stuff and helping clean up - not that a toddler can change a bed though >_<
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited July 2018
    lol @gingerbride26 well our son wakes up at 6 on the dot every single day and for the last few weeks I decided I’m too pregnant to get up that early so I make him get up with our son. But he doesn’t leave for work til 8:30 or sometimes 9. So yeah he basically just sits there on his phone the whole time and gets ready for work in like 10 mins. 

ETA I think my sons too young to “help” but I can at least plop him in front of the tv with Mickey Mouse on and he’ll leave me alone so I can get stuff done. 
  • Yeah +1 to having the toddler help if he's in the right mindset to do it, lol. Sometimes its just more work than I need. 

@zande2016 I can 100% relate to your DH issues. Usually when we have a big day or something I am the only one completing chores, but usually he minds DS. Then he gets incredibly stressed because I'm stressed and he says I "Put too much on my plate for the last minute." No, I literally do not have time! You try helping I won't have so much to do. Sorry your lack of help making me run around is STRESSING YOU OUT. Men. 

WTF black flies on my walk. They were swarming. Anyone got a good deet free bug spray that gets rid of black flies AND mosquitos? I feel like mosquitos are a non issue for me at the moment and black flies are just everywhere! Also WTF to the humidity. It says its 64 outside on my dash but when walking the dogs today I was about ready to die I was so hot. SO HOT. 
  • So I have mentioned before that I work part time from home and I am only getting 2 weeks maternity leave.... so yesterday I found out that my "replacement" during my two week leave will actually be out of the office on the second week.... so I guess their solution is just to let all my work pile up until I come back.... thanks, guys.
  • WTF to allllll the people (friends/family) whom offered to take my big kids when LO was born with no follow-thru. They are my kids and my responsibility, but they are so, so bored bc it's really too hot to do much outside with the little man and their friends are in camps, MIA, etc.... They want me to swim with them and of course I can't. I just feel so bad for them. Worst summer ever :( and I feel Luke the worst mom. And DH has been working 12+ hour days and is never here. Ugh.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cseley321 no way! that's ridiculous. I'm sorry you'll have that to look forward to when you get back to work. 

@babygagnon2018 that would make me feel odd too! Like, why are you questioning what I am doing, why can't you ask me?
  • @cseley321 that’s terrible! As if going back after 2 weeks isn’t hard enough! 

@WorkinWeezel ugh I’m sorry. I only have one kid and the other is still inside but still I so emphasize with the heat thing and being bored. It’s just too hot to hang outside and the tv has been on way too much. I think that’s gonna be a theme this summer unfortunately. 
  • @cseley321 WTF indeed! Talk about poor planning! 
    @WorkinWeezel sorry you feel like the worst mom but you're doing your best. I wish people didn't just say things for the sake of it and instead only offered help when they can actually follow through.
    @babygagnon2018 super sketchy, like you're not already doing enough! How about your boss trains the replacement while you go on leave now??

• @WorkinWeezel I canNOT stand when anyone says they are going to come (even just to visit) and then back out. Both of my parents do it and it’s so annoying. Just don’t say you’re going to come if you’re not! Really simple. It’s hard if you were really counting on the extra help and that’s not fair to not follow through with helping someone with a newborn! 
  • @WorkinWeezel we have never had someone say they'd come for baby stuff and back out, but we had a lot of people say they would help us with the remodel stuff and have bailed - completely agree, don't say it to just be nice and not follow through.  In general I've found people are just SUPER flaky these days and it's frustrating as hell.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 for a tv kind of summer. I hate it and I know it makes my kids cranky but I just don’t want to be outside right now. I’m hoping it cools down decently tonight so I can get a walk in. 

@WorkinWeezel hang in there! I doubt your kids will look back and think “man that was the WORST.” How old are your other kids. My MIL apparently bought my kids this cardboard ice cream truck thing that they can color and then play in. Really I think something creative like that is a good idea because it can keep them busy coloring for a while and they LOVE forts so they can knock themselves out inside it for as long as they want to. And when I’m sick of it In the living room I’ll just toss it in the burn pile (or you can recycle it if you’re more economical than me) would finding  something like that be an option? Heck even a big box would be good and you can cut windows out if it!

@SmashJam @zande2016 my h really likes to clean the garage when I have a million other things to get done. Or clean the garage when it’s bedtime or something equally unhelpful. What is WITH that?? I could smack him... 

@cseley321 why even hire that person if they aren’t available for your measly two weeks? Major eye roll. I’m sorry! 

My WTF- my dog got sprayed by a skunk last night. So he got to spend the night in the garage. And get a bath with the cold garden hose at midnight. Before we washed him I was trying to find my flip flops so my feet didn’t get wet and I could only find one. I was like WTH?!?! Where could it have gone?!? ... Turns out it got put in the dryer accidentally and it SHRUNK! now my perfectly well loved flip flops that didn’t suffocate my hugely swollen feet feel a) wonky because one is smaller than the other and b) snug because of corse the shoe for my more swollen foot was the one that shrunk. Ughhhh. 
  • @hillbillywife noooo not the dreaded skunk! True story, the night before we were going
    for my induction with my son, after I had
    worked my ass off for days deep cleaning the house, my H took our dog out and he got sprayed by a skunk. Then he didn’t realize and brought him inside our freshly cleaned house. Cue complete hormonal pregnant melt down. Baking soda dish soap and peroxide is the only thing that helped even a little bit. 
  • zande2016 said:
    And I have another wtf. It’s kinda dumb and idk why it annoyed me so much, but it did. Someone posted in a FB mom group I’m in asking about getting her baby off the n!ppld shield and onto the br*ast. And that’s how she spelled those words. Multiple times. W...t...f...? These are simple human anatomy words. Not curse/dirty words.

I lol'ed so much at this. Plus, in a mom group nonetheless!
  • kissableviv because shes an incompetent moron who doesnt even know what I do let alone be able to actually do it  :D
  • @zande2016 oh wow i wonder how she spoke with her doctors. You’d think after giving birth she’s be more mature and confident to say or spell them the way they should be. 
  • @hillbillywife that's actually an excellent idea. My kids LOVE forts. They are 5 (DD) and 8 (DS).

@zande2016 meanwhile I wrote out all kinds of curse words because IDGAFuck lol
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • got beeped at for the stupidest reason - on a side street I'm coming out of therapy parking lot and there's in in to another parking lot directly across this tiny 1 lane each side road, so I'm going straight across - there is NO ONE on this road in either direction when i go - as i'm halfway into 2nd parking lot entrance this car is 3 feet to my right beeping at me- so I was already in the road and entering the lot when he turned the corner but i'm the ahole?.....granted there's construction right there so I wasn't going that fast because it was bumpy but DUDE wtf is wrong with some drivers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My WTF is to the lady that was doing my waxing. I hadn’t seen her before and normally I can tolerate a wax even pregnant. But she literally was not doing it correctly- I had her stop. Got home and I’m flipping bleeding! So I feel justified in being miffed that she wasn’t applying any pressure before or after she would rip.
  • @elizabethrn87 ouch wtf?? Can you get your money back for the poor service? 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @elizabethrn87 ouch wtf?? Can you get your money back for the poor service? 
    It’s a small place and I would have felt odd complaining. I might call back tomorrow. I believe she was newer. I ended up tipping her well because she tweezed some chin hairs instead of charging me for a wax there. But yeah it definitely was not good service. I want my previous lady who left back . Wah
  • @comealongponds sooo like does everyone share that little stool? Ick.. 
    right?! I have so many questions. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @zande2016 everyone figured having to deal with the skunk would put me in labor. Nope nope nope lol