TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly Check-in 7-8-18

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 

Rants/Raves: 

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly Check-in 7-8-18

• After a super long cycle (50 days), I'm on CD1 today!

I'm taking prenatals and will have the CD3 test on Tuesday

Rants/Raves:  We were in the hospital with my kid overnight (long story, but he should be ok long term).  We go back for a followup and possibly one more dose of the meds tomorrow.

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination?  Montenegro (which is my profile picture), when I can afford the time it takes to get there, or anywhere in the Mediterranean. Wrightsville Beach is a solid stand-in! I also love Canada in the summer - beautiful weather and nature.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  FET / frozen embryo transfer 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  CD 19

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Estrace, PIO, PNV, Vit D, Vit E, probiotics, baby aspirin, melatonin. 

Rants/Raves: Had a great weekend with family celebrating my nieces 16th bday. Happy my mom is still in town and will be here with me for my FET on Tuesday.

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination? Live in Texas, so it feels like it's always Summer! But if I were to go somewhere it would probably go to San Fran or Santa Barbara to see friends. I'd rather visit tropical places in the winter when it's not as hot and humid. 

@marija333 Hope you kid gets better! YAY for finally getting AF, so you can get thing going again :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  CD27 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  prenatals, coq10 and dhea

Rants/Raves:  vacation last week and now I have to go back to work today ugh 

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination? Lake Michigan 

@marija333 glad AF returned 

@kristimh80 GL Tuesday! 
  • @Mack2342 Thank you!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited July 2018
    @kristimh80 @Mack2342 Thank you! Kiddo is better for now, just have to watch him closely for a few months and go for weekly blood tests.

@Mack2342 Do you mind if I ask what brand CoQ10 and DHEA you are using? And have you noticed a difference since starting?

Speaking of blood tests, I had mine today, as well as the first ultrasound. Antral follicle count is 7, which the doc described as "not too low for your age" (39) and not too concerning in and of itself, i.e. until we get FSH numbers. She also said all the numbers are more informative in infertile than in fertile women, i.e. there are women who get pregnant easily with low AFC, but they never come to the fertility clinic. Sounds like she was trying to make me feel better, but in any case, I'm ok with whatever happens. Obviously, I'd like a second kid, but if one is all we end up having, it'll be ok.

• @marijaa333 Great news! Plus if you were to ever do IVF, some times more follicle show up as they start pumping meds in you! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @marijaa333 your count sounds good!  When I started my first US only showed 2.  A couple months after I started the coq10 and dhea my count went to 4 or more a month. Coq10 is qunol brand just make sure that you get the ubiquinol form and take 400 mg daily.  Dhea is amazing formulas and you want to make sure it’s micronized.  I take 25 mg  3 times a day.  
  • @marijaa333 @Mack2342 Is right...some supplements can help a lot! Plus, I swear depending on the month, my follicle count varies. It's like some are asleep or something lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  CD22

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Just prenatal... last month trying naturally and will be doing IUI next month.

Rants/Raves: I introduced myself on here back in February after a CP and found I was too sad to be on here and didn't come back. Now after my second CP I realized I would really love the support through this whole crazy TTC process that this board can offer. (Also - sorry I was so confused on whether I was supposed to re-introduce myself almost 6 months later, talk about loss/CPs... so sorry if all this is inappropriate!)

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination? Alaska... grass is clearly always greener on the other side for me. After years of living on the east coast and complaining about the cold, I moved back to Hawaii and cannot handle how hot it is. We went to Alaska in May and it was so great to bundle up and be cold again!
  • @Pahialii As a Canadian living in the American "south," I hear you about being cold! I'd love to visit Alaska...

Welcome back! I have introduced myself about 6 times on this board by now with the various comings and goings. I'm so sorry about your second CP. :(  I think you will find plenty of people who don't feel like posting this month, or even find lurking to be too much, for a variety of reasons. You are always welcome to jump back in with a post, thread, "love it" or whatever.

On an off topic, I'd love to hear what *life* in Hawaii is like! I've never been.

• @marijaa333 Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Ooh tough question... I was raised in Hawaii and still think it's the most amazing place to grow up with picnics on the beach in any month and endless outdoor activities to do. But as an adult there's also the high cost of living, low salaries (in relation to the cost of living anyway), poor public school system and horrible traffic to deal with and damper that "amazing" feeling. I still think that moving back to Hawaii was the best decision I've made, but a lot of that was tied to wanting to raise my daughter in Hawaii surrounded by the grandparents and wanting a change from the stressful work environment of the east coast. If I had moved back in my 20s with I think I would have been very disappointed. Of course I am answering this in July while sitting in a sweltering room with a broken A/C. Ask me in January when I'm "cold" in the 65 degree weather and my instagram feed is full of east coast friends complaining about the sub-zero temps and I'll explain why there are only positives to living in Hawaii.  :D
  • @Pahialii welcome back and Hawaii does sound nice! I too was happy to leave the east coast stress after having been born and raised in Northern California my first 30 year’s so now am loving the relaxed down to earth Midwest after a decade in ny!

i have my transfer later today, barely slept due to a mix of excitement and anxiety but so ready to do this!
  • Transfer is done! I have a pic but don’t know what to look for! It was so quick! RE said everything looked just as it should.
  • GL @Momifbysea. FX it works!!
  • @Momifbysea very exciting! Hope it sticks!

@Pahialii I'mm sold. Say no more :)
  • @Momifbysea - lurking and totally rooting for you - GL in the TWW and hoping it sticks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Momifbysea woot!! I am so crazy excited for you! Are you a POASer? I peed on all the sticks when we did IVF, couldn’t help myself. 

I am also in my first TWW since going back to TTC. My OPKs were super wonky, so we either had amazing timing or were totally off. Haha
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Good luck to you too!
  • Hi newbie here. I'm not quite sure what all the acronyms mean...let's see how well I guess.

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW, I think? Yes, nervously awaiting the day I can test. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  day 25. I only had my IUD out on the 2nd of this month and previously (before pregnancy and pre iud) I had very regular 32 day cycles. With the IUD in I've had 25 - 35 day cycles, randomly, with mid month spotting, and the occasional mammoth 15 day (but light) period. So, I'm really not sure what my cycle length should be or when I can reasonably test. I know I ovulated on day 17.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  taking prenatals, obsessively searching symptoms on the internet.

Rants/Raves: 

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination? I'm British, so have to mention my lifelong favourite holiday destination: Walberswick, Suffolk. It's where we spent many family holidays (at all times of the year). The Suffolk coast is one of my favourite places on earth. My grandfather was born there, and I don't know why but I love the landscape of waterlogged fens and flat fields. All the little channels in the salt marshes sparkling in the sunlight. 
  • @Madamemerle Welcome! This is a good list of abbreviations: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Common-Abbreviations.html  I have never been to Walberswick, but I have travelled to a few places relatively nearby, from Canterbury to Margate and found the area super charming (I lived in the UK for 5 years, 2009-2013). Good luck with your TWW & TTC, post IUD. ;)

• MadamemerleMadamemerle member
    edited July 2018
    @Madamemerle Welcome! This is a good list of abbreviations: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Common-Abbreviations.html  I have never been to Walberswick, but I have travelled to a few places relatively nearby, from Canterbury to Margate and found the area super charming (I lived in the UK for 5 years, 2009-2013). Good luck with your TWW & TTC, post IUD. ;) 

Thank you - that was super helpful! And I mostly guessed correctly :)

Were you living in London? The Kent coast is very fashionable right now, all of a sudden. All the hip young Londoners are moving to Margate! I've been in the US since 2011, in the Northeast, which actually shares some likeness with the Suffolk coast in parts. 
  • @Madamemerle 2.5 years in Oxford (phd) and another 2.5 in London with now husband (+ writing up). I had the time of my life, but real estate was so expensive we basically left for the US as soon as the opportunity arose with both our jobs (my husband is American and my job happens to be here).  The hip Londoners I knew went to Brighton more than the Kent coast, so either they're not the same type of hip, or Margate is the new new thing. ;)  Where in the Northeast are you?
  • Ah, my husband (also American) and I met in Oxford (he was doing a study abroad) :) so we are well familiar with the city. I'm in Boston now (also for a PhD). 
  • Ah, my husband (also American) and I met in Oxford (he was doing a study abroad) :) so we are well familiar with the city. I'm in Boston now (also for a PhD). 
    Small world! I'm a huge fan of Boston & area for many reasons.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  CD20 I think

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Going to see fertility doctor on 30th

Rants/Raves:  

GTKY: What is you favorite summer travel destination? Smokey mountains or beach but not doing a vacation this year. 
  • MadamemerleMadamemerle member
    edited July 2018
    AF today...Day 27, and only 10 days dpo (I think). I hope my cycles get a few days longer soon, like they used to be.
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes! This TWW is the longest yet but the nightly injections help because at least I feel I’m still actively “doing” something.

@PoeMasque thinking of you in your wait! I’m voting for incredible timing? :#
  • @Momifbysea there is no TWW longer than the one after transfer, its sooooooo maddening. That’s why I had to test out my trigger, to help calm the crazy haha. 

Unfortunately AF arrived yesterday. So no magical post partum fertility surge for us this month. Things also seem to have changed enough down there that my instead cups no longer want to stay put, so this is month two of AF leaking all over the place (>_<)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sejicasejica member
    @PoeMasque I had the same problem with my diva cup. Good news is, I only had to deal with it twice, which is why I've been absent over here, and been hanging out with march '19. Fx it's similar for you. ;)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes @PoeMasque things sure do change down there lol! I’m sorry AF came but you’ll get there. Would you consider another IVF cycle?

As for this wait, yes longest ever but I’ve managed not to test yet, only 4 more days. For one, I’m enjoying my 12 days of ignorant bliss and convincing myself that this worked, and for two, I wouldn’t want to have to make the 4-hour drive to my RE Tuesday if I already knew bad news. But I’m feeling positive about this! We’ve named it Sprout and we talk to my belly. Praying this worked. And every twinge and cramp down there brings me strange comfort that something is happening in there.
  • @Momifbysea - I'm lurking for you and totally rooting - you've been thru a lot and had multiple rounds of IVF - I can't even imagine.  FX so hard for you.

AFM everything has been going really well and I'm finding myself being happier than I have been since the TTC craziness took over my mind with all the stress.  DH and I are going to have a date night once a month and spontaneous sex has been amazing - it's no longer a chore and struggle.  I had no idea how much the stress of it all was affecting different parts of my life.  I appreciate DD so much more now.  We were at Omaha zoo last week and just watching her feeding the giraffes brought so much more joy and happiness and that feeling blessed.  I can now put all that energy I was putting into TTC into the other aspects of my life.  I figure if we are meant to have another baby it either will or will not happen and I'm at peace with that.  I can't hang with hormone cycles and considering they couldn't find anything to fix with us and DH having higher than average sperm counts and morphology and what not I'm not really concerned about it.
  • @vlagrl29 thanks! I’m so glad to hear you’re doing so well in so many aspects! I had a little light pink creamy spotting yesterday which I know could be implantation bleeding but I’ve read stories where bets goes either way. So yeah, in torture til Tuesday!
  • @momifbysea - yeah that can go either way as any pregnancy symptom can lol - Hope it's implantation bleeding for you though!
  • @Momifbysea i totally thought the whole “I just knew I was pg” thing was BS, but after we did IVF I just “knew” too! I’d always had doubts with the IUIs and I was surprised when I felt so sure the IVF worked, so I think you feeling so positive is a really good sign! How many embryos did you transfer? Spotting is super common with twins!

we have decided not to do IVF again, we might try meds with TI, but we just can’t financially do IVF again. 

@sejica I hope we have your luck!! Congrats! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Momifbysea ..  @PoeMasque Is SO right, after IVF success, you just know :) My first FET failed and I knew right away then the last one stuck and it was so different. I just had that feeling. Best of luck on your beta today!!! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hey, just wanted to share with you all that my FET beta was negative. I had had a little more blood and those period cramps were just too much like period cramps. I found out last night and have been grieving. Really tough night coming off the meds plus panic attack, major anxiety, my body was just shaking nonstop in bed, vomiting, etc. NOT FUN! I hope this low time passes quickly but also need the time to grieve. My RE actually said he was surprised when he found out it didn't work. Which of course makes me want an answer as to what is undiagnosed about me that made it not work? We have one more chance left. Trying to figure out if it's best to go straight into another FET round or take a break, I wonder which is more successful. If it doesn't make a difference one or the other I'd prefer to go straight into another round so at least I can find out sooner if the second one will work. Ugh. I'm emotionally a wreck right now, have eaten one wheat thin in the last day and am forcing myself to sip water though.
  • I’m so sorry @Momifbysea.  Take care of yourself.  
  • Oh @Momifbysea I am so heartbroken reading your update! Especially when you had such good feelings about the transfer before beta. What a roller coaster. I hope you are feeling better physically at least. I’m so glad you have another embryo to transfer. I know several women who had success on the second FET, but I don’t remember if they had to do a break between or not. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks, doing better today. At a wedding in Colorado for my cousin so family has been therapeutic.