2nd Trimester

Persistent headaches

edited July 2018 in 2nd Trimester
I’m 14+2 with persistent awful headaches. I had a couple bad ones in the first trimester, but they would subside after Tylenol. Since week 13 began, I’ve pretty much had a headache the entire time. It feels like a migraine without the light/sound sensitivity. Tylenol is not doing the trick. I’m long past caffeine withdrawal. My blood pressure is perfect 108/69. Is this just my life for the next 26 weeks?!

Re: Persistent headaches

• CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited July 2018
    @Dublinlovested unfortunately headaches can be a normal pregnancy symptom. However, yes they can also be indicative of more, too. Definitely let your doctor know, s/he may have some ideas on what could help. I know for me Tylenol doesn't do a thing to alleviate my headaches, so I'm planning to ask my doctor what else I may be able to do. Sometimes even just a warm bath/shower helps me though! Which I know that's no help for during the day if you're at work or something. Idk if that helped much, but solidarity girl!

ETA omg how could I forget!! My chiropractor is my best friend when I'm pregnant, lol. If you have a chiropractor or at least aren't opposed to one even if you've never been before, definitely look into finding one! He helps so much with my lower back pain, too!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• My headaches have been persistent and caused my neck tension. Massages have helped me a ton. But definetly let your doctor know.