Baby Names
Options

Linus? Trent? Other?

HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
edited June 2018 in Baby Names
Dh has nixed almost every name. These are the few he hasn’t. Sister is Evelyn. Help!

Linus? Trent? Other? 52 votes

Linus
17% 9 votes
Trent
17% 9 votes
Ian
30% 16 votes
Julian
23% 12 votes
Xavier
11% 6 votes

Re: Linus? Trent? Other?

• Options
    Well I have a Trent so I’m biased but we never meet other ones and we get a lot of compliments on the name.

i actually like your whole list though minus Linus, I jus mr can’t get behind it. In order

Trent
    Julian
    Ian
    Xavier

• Options
    Trent gets my vote.

Ian and Julian don’t sound great with Evelyn IMO.

I cannot get behind Linus and Xavier is NMS.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want to like Linus but i just don't and all I can think of is the Peanuts character. Trent is okay but not my style. I like Julian and Ian the best. They do sound a little awkward if you say them with Evelyn but I don't think it's a deal breaker.
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    Well I have a Trent so I’m biased but we never meet other ones and we get a lot of compliments on the name.

i actually like your whole list though minus Linus, I jus mr can’t get behind it. In order

Trent
    Julian
    Ian
    Xavier
    I love that you have a Trent! It’s not common but not so unique that people don’t know it. It’s my husband’s top choice and I’m coming around on it. It sounds a little “harsh” to my ear but the more I say it, the less it does. Is Trent his full name, or is it formally Trenton? Oh and also Trent is my dh’s favorite movie character ever, from Swingers (cue eyeroll from me lol). But ya know, also the cool character from Daria.

Julian and Ian are my top, butJulian is now in the top 15 in my state, which gives me pause. Me, Dh, and dd all have names ending in “n” which is why I probably like them but might seem too matchy?

Linus is a nod to our German and Scandinavian heritages, and my husband likes it because the creator of Linux was named Linus (my Dh is an IT guy).

So while I like them all, none feel like the kid in my body... yet.
  • Options
    I love ian and xavier!
  • Options
    I want to like Linus, but I'm not quite with it. Spencer is kind of similar style but more approachable. Of your list I like Ian best.
  • Options
    His name is just Trent. The Daria association is one of my favs I mean he was the coolest

• Options
    Linus was a GP name for me after I heard it on Ocean’s 11 (Matt Damon’s character) but I couldn’t get past the Peanuts association. We went with Grant instead. I don’t like Trent — no particular reason — but the others are fine. Good luck!

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like Xavier the best. The only I don’t like is Linus.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012