Adoption

June- Adoptive and Hopefully Adoptive Parents

edited June 2018 in Adoption
What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process?

Any questions?

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?

GTKY (Get to know you) Favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: June- Adoptive and Hopefully Adoptive Parents

• What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? private adoption

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) contacting lawyers and trying to find a reasonably priced social worker for a homestudy

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? I think we've found a reasonably priced lawyer finally. Also, we have an appointment for getting legal custody of the baby with family court.

Any questions? the lawyer says she would double check if we even need a homestudy for a private adoption in Philly (she works in PA and NJ) but that confused me. Are there places that don't require one?

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? I've passed no steps so no

GTKY (Get to know you) Favorite guilty pleasure TV show? currently RuPaul's Drag Race

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!

• What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? private adoption

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) contacting lawyers and trying to find a reasonably priced social worker for a homestudy

Anything new and exciting happening this month in your process? I think we've found a reasonably priced lawyer finally. Also, we have an appointment for getting legal custody of the baby with family court.

Any questions? the lawyer says she would double check if we even need a homestudy for a private adoption in Philly (she works in PA and NJ) but that confused me. Are there places that don't require one?

Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? I've passed no steps so no

GTKY (Get to know you) Favorite guilty pleasure TV show? currently RuPaul's Drag Race

I watch that show too! My go to is anything along the lines of Bachelorette, etc
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? 
    Foster Care Adoption

Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)
    We have placement of a sweet baby girl (almost 2 years old) who we picked up from the hospital when she was 3 days old.  We are still in the process of finalizing her adoption.  At this point we are only waiting on paperwork processing.

We are also hoping to adopt again, and are considering going back on the list for placement of another baby.

Last month we were officially recognized by the court as her pre-adoptive family, and we were assigned an attorney to facilitate the adoption.

Any questions?
    None right now.

Be patient and take one day at a time.

I recently started watching Reign on Netflix...it's pretty addicting.  :wink:

Me: 36, DH: 36

Married and TTC Since 2/2012

Me: Mild PCOS, DH: Low Sperm Count and Motility

IUI #1 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 10/15/15, MC (CP) 10/19/15

IUI #2 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 12/14/15  EDD 8/23/16

Foster to Adopt Placement! DD#1 Born 7/2016

DD#2 Born 9/2016

Foster to Adopt Placement! DS Born 7/2018

• @brazenbiblio I don't know if home studies are even required by law in any state for an adoption. It's usually a requirement to adopt because the agency requires it, not necessarily because the state does.

Foster Care

We still have our first placement. His goal is still reunification.

There is another court date this month. This court session will officially say our foster child is in foster care (5 months after he was placed with us - it's a sloooow process). Right now the state is his temporary guardian. After the case is official, the state will be his permanent guardian until he is out of foster care. One reason this is a big step is that our agency tells birth parents to hold off on signing away parental rights until after this happens because if they do it while the state is a temporary guardian, the child doesn't get all the same benefits. Our son's birth parents are considering signing away rights so he can be adopted, so we'll see what happens.

Any questions?
    None right now.

None that I haven't already shared.

Pretty much anything on HGTV
  • Axl2Axl2 member
    domestic adoption

Waiting for match

No just figuring out when we can meet for our update

Any questions?
    Not at the moment

Be patient 

Riverdale. Just finished watching The Sinner that was pretty good show.

So I have a little rant. I had to contact our agency about our yearly update meeting. Our sw said that they contact us when we have hit a year. We went on the waiting list April 20, 2016 so last year she didn't contact us until May we met her June 30. So apparently she was going to wait until after June to contact us. So she emails me with a list of dates when she available. So I didn't get back to her right away she emails me back and says I was wondering if you got my email. Like the only time she makes sure I get emails is if there is money involved. She also made the comment that she was assigned our update like she's our sw. I wish I could fire this agency but unfortunately if we moved to another agency we would have to start over time and financially. Honestly I can't wait to be placed and be done with this agency.
  • An update from us:  we are moving about 5 hours from where we live and will need to rebuild our support system.  We also probably won’t be able to afford housing with the amount of extra bedroom space required for fostering, since the area we’re moving to is extremely expensive.  So we’re on hold from fostering/adoption indefinitely.  We may TTC, though.

I was really looking forward to working with Children’s bureau.  They were really wonderful, even just for the short time we went through the process of being vetted for classes.  We were invited to classes just as my husband was getting the new job offer.

Thanks to all in this group for the support, and I’m wishing you the best.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?
    Foster care adoption
    Meeting with prospective agencies
    We have a couple meetings setup to go over details
    Any questions?
    Anyone in PA have any tips? I feel like no one is in any hurry to give us any info.
    n/a
    Supernatural
    Me: 30 and DH: 36 Married 6/18/10
    Started TTC 1/10
    BFP 10/1/10 MC 10/3/10
    Dx DUB 12/29/10
    Dx Amenorrhea/Annovulatory 11/28/11
    Fertility consult Rx Provera and Clomid 11/30/11
    Still no AF Dx PCOS Rx Provera and Metformin 1/11/12
    RE consult TTA 6/13/12
    Ocular Migraine, stopped TTA/BC 8/14/12
    BFP 10/7/12 HR 2/17/13
    Admitted 5/23/13, PreEclamptic, Induced, Contractions reduced HB
    DD born via emergency C-section 5/26/13 @ 35weeks
    TTC for #2 since 2014
    Starting Foster to Adopt 6/2018

Previously minicheezburg

• Sorry I don't have any tips to offer but my husband and I are in PA as well. We have kind of a foster situation going on and are trying to figure out the rules to get to adoption. If we find out anything I'd be happy to pass it on. 

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!

• @mill1020 Good luck with everything! 
  • Thank you, @AnnieR81!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]