edited June 2018 in September 2018 Moms
EDD: 

Team Blue/Pink/Green: 

FTM/STM:  

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  

How are you feeling?:  

Rants/Raves?  

Questions?  

GTKY:  What do you feel like you need to do still to get ready for baby's arrival?  Any great freezer meal recipes you want to share?
(I stole these GTKY from 3rd week of Sept. EDD) 

Re: Fourth Week of September June Check-In

• EDD: 9/25

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Pink!

FTM/STM:  STM..DD is 2. 

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  Not really. As we get closer to thinking about labor and delivery, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. 

How are you feeling?:  Feeling pretty good! I weighed in today and need to probably watch what I'm eating a bit more, but otherwise doing well. Energy comes and goes, but that's expected. 

Rants/Raves?  Vacation for me starts Saturday morning and I'm excited!! One week of fishing and boating should be fun. 

Questions?  Nothing. 

GTKY:  What do you feel like you need to do still to get ready for baby's arrival?  Any great freezer meal recipes you want to share?
     (I stole these GTKY from 3rd week of Sept. EDD) 

This would imply I've really done... anything. Yeah. I haven't. After the furniture is here in a week or two, then I'll order the finishing touches. Husband needs to paint the room. Otherwise, the items we need will just be a large amazon order/trip to BBB. Need to call insurance and figure out the pump brands. My sister needs to give me back all my NB 0-3 clothing (plus what she's added for her baby girl), and I need to give her DD's 12-18mo stuff. But she'll clean and fold it all before sending it my way, so that'll be easy. I cleaned the infant car seat so just need to put bases back in our SUV's. So in total, I'm behind but not hugely so. 

We do slower cooker meals as our freezer meals, and then portion out in ziplock bags and freeze. We usually have buffalo chilli, white bean chicken chili, mexican beef, shredded BBQ pork in our freezer. Allrecipes.com is a favorite in our house. Oh and meatballs are always in our freezer, but that's not slow cooker. 
  • samd6samd6 member
    EDD: 9/25

Team Blue/Pink/Green: team green! 

FTM/STM:  FTM

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  I'm taking lovenox injections once a day and having had a blood clot in the past makes me technically "high risk" but my OB isn't too concerned about it, which is comforting. She's taking it seriously, just not being too overbearing about it.

How are you feeling?:  Good mostly, I haven't gained a ton of weight or anything but the weight has redistributed. I can definitely feel the weight of the baby when I walk. My pelvis pretty much hurts all of the time, but nothing unbearable at all, just noticeable. 

Rants/Raves?  Rants: I don't look as pregnant as I am. It's ok but seriously...hearing about it from people all the time is a little annoying, like "You don't LOOK 6 months pregnant" well, I promise I am :) Raves: My husband is slowing down with work a lot and we have been getting to spend a lot of time together. It has been awesome and I am really enjoying it. 

Questions?  

we need more diaper inserts, finish painting the baby room, buy a crib mattress (and sheets), research baby monitors, order breast pump through insurance, washing all of the inserts and new clothes we have gotten...

As for freezer meals, I am a meat eater and the hubs is a vegetarian, so meal prep is not something we really do. I've found make-ahead vegetarian meals are kind of bleh and haven't found anything that is too impressive. We also don't have a lot of freezer storage space, so I am saving that real estate for my milk supply!!
  • Loading the player...
  • sclarke7sclarke7 member
    edited June 2018
    EDD: 9/25 another one due on this date :)@Lcardinal04  @samd6
    Thanks for starting this check in @klj0228 I've been thinking about you ladies!

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable). None for me. It's been a bit of a journey for us we struggled for about a year with IF and a CP so just super happy and thankful for each day. 

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good. I have always been pretty active prior to pregnancy and happy i've been able to keep up with running/light strength training. I definitely feel the extra weight in my stomach as well @samd6. More tired by the end of the day but i've got a fairly busy job so that's normal for me. Some minor back pain when I run longer distances occasionally but i've found some great stretches and exercises online that seem to be helping with that. 

Rants/Raves?  I've heard so much both positive and negative from friends/collegues who have been pregnant. I'm getting all the advise some positive some not so much..
    The worst is people cautioning about sleep " Oh you'll never sleep again/you think your tired now just wait!!! " Its like. ok. I get it. People have been having babies for a long time and they figure it out... and even have more! LOL I never said I was going to be sleeping 8 hours a night and I am fully aware that our lives are going to change. Lets just try to keep it positive for now k... thanks :) 
    Another one is about my running and how I won't have time for it. You know what... i'm going to try to make time once I am recovered. My husband is a great support, as well as family. And if It doesn't work out that's just fine. Again, lots of moms return to exercise after having a baby. 

Questions?  Not at this time, I've been finding the hospital bag thread helpful lately same with the PP preparedness, some things in there I definitely didn't think of! 

Oh we've got lots to do, being PAL I didn't buy anything until 24 weeks. We have the entire nursery to do, but we do have a plan and some items purchased already. Not concerned and I know we will get it all done, as long as he doesn't come too early :) 

Great Freezer Meal: Well i'm not much of a cook but this one is great and super easy!!...  Buffalo Chicken Lasagna!!!! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken-lasagna/
    I've made this a bunch of time for potlucks/to freeze. It freezes really nicely. Not a health food by any means but it been a hit at the potlucks and its a repeat comfort food in our home so wanted to share. 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• EDD: 9/27 according to my dr/lmp but 9/29 since I know when I had sex

Team Blue/Pink/Green: pink 

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  I was warned very early on by my dr and my nurse through insurance to be prepared for the possibility of preeclampsia. I have had and been treated for high blood pressure in the past (i got off all meds almost 2 years ago because it was staying down) so they started me on aspirin from the time I got the bfp. It does worry me every time I go though I just pray for a good np. So far so good! 

How are you feeling?:  I have been feeling much better! I’ve been nauseas a few times in the last week, but haven’t actually thrown up. 

Rants/Raves?  I had someone tell me this was obviously my first because my ankles still look great...well, that is a weird statement. Also, the touching!! My H has made it clear to everyone we know that it makes me uncomfortable so it has decreased significantly, but I’m worried at my shower people are going to want to touch and that makes me really anxious.

Questions?  

Finish setting up the nursery, although it is mostly done. Bring our cradle upstairs and put it in our room and I’m thinking it would be good to maybe have some clothes or my child will be coming home from the hospital naked. 

For freezer meals eats I love stuffed shells. I can usually make a couple pans in one sitting and they last forever and taste delicious!
  • EDD: 9.25.18

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  not yet/now/that I'm aware of!

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good! Trouble sleeping due to hip pain (had before pregnancy, much worse now) but no complaints here.. trying to enjoy it while I can before third trimester/brutal heat of summer hits :)

Rants/Raves?  Baby shower invites went out last week, so gifts have been starting to arrive and I've been getting the "Someone got you something!" e-mails which has been exciting! Rant: at a family party the other day, my grandmother asked, "What are you having, a horse?!" Thanks, I feel huge enough already! 

Questions?   Terrified of labor, so anxiety's starting to kick in there! Also, I was listening to a podcast where new parents were complaining about their parents/family/friends etc. coming to visit once they were home with baby, and only wanting to hold the baby, and the new parents desperate and begging like, "Please throw in a load of laundry for me!" or "Please bring a meal or something! Be helpful!" Which.. I can totally understand both sides. But now I'm nervous about visitors post-birth! STMs, how did things work out for you once you were home?

I feel like we're in pretty good shape! As far as the nursery goes, the crib was just delivered to my MIL's, so hubby needs to pick that up and put it together so we can measure again and decide on which size area rug will work best. Then buy the rug and mobile and that'll be pretty much done! We're waiting on Amazon registry completion discount to get our stroller, then it'll just be seeing what we still need after my shower. I'd like to maybe do a hospital tour at some point, and need to figure out where I'm getting breast pump from. Think those are the big ones!

No good recipes.. I don't cook much, and we hate eating leftovers. Hubby recently bought a ton of stuff from Omaha Steaks which has been amazing so far! That's our version of freezer meals, haha.
  • @afineskyline I am jealous you have not yet hit the heat of summer. We are hotter than usual here and I am staying inside more than usual. Have you considered a birthing class? That might help with some of the anxiety. A lot of times they are offered by the hospitals and now is the perfect time to get one in. It also often comes with a hospital tour. Also, thanks for bringing up the visitors thing...I’m curious how that went for S+TM too. I feel like there should be a rule, bring a meal, do a load of laundry, or clean one room is the charge for visiting my baby!! Holding my baby so my recovering body can do those things or so I can entertain you is not helpful! 
  • @klj0228 I've thought about it, but part of me doesn't want to do a live class? The ones offered by my hospital are either late at night or on weekends, not working with my schedule. Maybe I'll look into online classes or something similar. Right? Now I'm envisioning stressful scenarios of like, just getting the baby to sleep/calm down and people coming over and wanting all the happy snuggles! 
  • EDD: 9/25

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

FTM/STM:  STM

How are you feeling?:  I'm not feeling great this week. Mostly just tired, BH contractions, heartburn, etc.

Rants/Raves?  I'm just over the nightly contractions. 

Oh, I feel like i have nothing done. I still need to get clothes, clean a spot for the crib, assemble crib, freezer meals, and I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting. Luckily we have the car seat? It just needs to get put in the car in like...9 weeks. Oh, I should set a reminder to call the pediatrician.
  • @samd6 I am so with you on not looking as pregnant as I am. I'm at the end of my patience and I'm just going to start telling people they are being rude. Because really, I think they mean it as a compliment but it is just annoying. It's fricking disheartening to have someone say "are you sure you're due so soon? You don't even look pregnant." It especially pisses me off when family who know I was sick for the first 23 weeks and I'm finally (slowly) gaining weight say it and tack on "you look so good". No. Just no.

I'm about to start pointing at the belly and asking people if I normally look this round in the middle.
  • @knitknitread agree it is rude “to look so good”. Almost as if you had gained more weight you wouldn’t look good. I hate everything that goes with discussion around women’s size/weight gain while pregnant. It is very difficult to gain/not gain depending on your body and people pointing it out does not help. 
  • starlastarla member
    @klj0228 I agree. Just don't comment unless to say you look great/gorgeous/glowing/beautiful, etc. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• My internal reaction when people tell me I "look so good" or comment on women's bodies in general.
  • starla said:
    @klj0228 I agree. Just don't comment unless to say you look great/gorgeous/glowing/beautiful, etc. 
    yes! With no clarification at all! I don’t need to know I look great because my ankles aren’t swollen (this comment from a total strange really bothered me), or my belly isn’t huge, or my belly is huge but the rest of my weight looks great, etc.! A simply you are glowing/glowing/beautiful etc. will suffice.
  • EDD: 9/24

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!

FTM/STM:  STM, my dd will be turning 8 the week after baby arrives!

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  None now that our original scare with his kidneys turned out to be nothing to worry about

How are you feeling?:  Tired. I feel fine unless I overdo it. Had a shower this past weekend and I ended up doing as much as the hostesses. Today is the first day my feet and back didnt kill me!

Rants/Raves?  Too tired to think about it at the moment haha

Questions?  

We are pretty good with all necessities EXCEPT I still have to get the carseat. Other than that...I feel I could being him home today and we would be fine.

Ok....so for whoever mentioned the touching thing....I made a huge deal on that because I literally felt molested every time I was around certain people. I was wondering how the shower would go and how about nobody even tries to touch the belly..#winning.

On the visitors.....we had too many in the hospital. This time around I am not announcing to anyone except immediate family when he gets here. Once home....you have to be in control...and let your rules be known. I am pretty blunt so I had a nice sign I put up at our front door and doorbell. 1 side was for naps and the other was a general message. The nap side said something to the effect of "napping, NO visitors now" and the other said "if you didn't call or text before your visit, don't ring the doorbell or knock.". Take it for what u want....but it worked. Also, the visitors we DID have other than our moms...didnt help do anything or bring food...so be prepared for that.
  • EDD: 9/26/18

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue

Special concerns Placenta is too low, will check again in August. It will probably move up, but if it doesn't I may have to have a c-section, and/or may have to go on bed rest.

How are you feeling?:  Big, swollen ankles, otherwise not too shabby

Rants/Raves?  I'm just tired of everyone giving me their "nonjudgmental" advice, when they have told me not to listen to anyone, just do what I feel is right. I know this is just the beginning, and I also know everyone deals with it. It can just be tricky dealing with it coming from all sides (family, friends, coworkers, etc.)

Questions?  Non right now

So many things! We just bought paint samples for the nursery, and haven't started setting it up at all, so that has to happen. We've signed up for some of the classes at the hospital and will attend them mostly in August. We need to join a synagogue so we can have a bris. And then there's all the planning that goes with the bris. (A bris is a ceremony that happens 8 days after a Jewish boy is born and he is circumcised.) Our big baby shower is happening at the end of July so we haven't done a whole lot of baby shopping, but are planning on waiting until after the baby shower to shop for most of our stuff. Yeah, there's a lot...
  • EDD:  9/24

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

FTM/STM:  STM dd is 4.5

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  None this time! 

How are you feeling?:  tired, and the heartburn has seriously spiked. I’m beginning to think I will give birth to a chimp...

Rants/Raves?  Dh is struggling w the renovation project, his dad was helping him, but when he went to buy lumber and talked to the people at the lumber yard he discovered that their plan wasn’t going to be string enough. So now he’s nervous taking his dad’s advice or soing it themselves at all...Originally the fam was coming over to build together over July 4, bbuutt we have no plan and no materials... I was fine as long as there was a plan and a timeline. I am fighting back panic as I watch the timeline crash. I just need a decision so i know what space to start prepping for this little one! 

Questions?  None

Everything. I told myself I would start baby prep August 1, because the construction would be done... we have all the basics except clothes which my sisinlaw has...It’s realy just a matter of cleaning and set up. 

No idea on freezer meals! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• samd6samd6 member
    @afineskyline if you find an online birthing class let me know! I’m very interested
  • @afineskyline @samd6 I read something yesterday about a good online birthing class...let me go see if I can find it again. This could be quite the scavenger hunt.
  • @afineskyline @samd6 this is the link for the blog I was reading yesterday...easier to find then I thought. https://www.easybabylife.com/prenatal-classes-online.html 
  • mrsPNWmrsPNW member
    EDD: 9/23/18

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!

FTM/STM:  STM, DS1 is turning 6 next week!

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  AMA (turned 39 a few months ago!) and need to watch weight gain/blood pressure, both of which are good so far!

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good! Sore hips/pelvis at times but not too bad

Rants/Raves?  I feel like I should buy a pregnancy pillow to be more comfortable at night but I’d rather spend the money on baby stuff. So for now I’m just using one of our normal king size pillows but it’s not really cutting it. I’m also getting more and more hungry ALL the time!! But trying to eat well is hindering any bingeing. Oh, and a rant, this baby was so stubborn for the elective 3D/4D ultrasound last weekend, we did not get any shots. They are having us come back this weekend for another try. I want to see his little face so that maybe I can decide on a name! :)

Questions?  

Oh we need to do a lot and do it soooooon. Clean out our storage room of a baby’s room and get it set up! Clean out our massively messy and unorganized garage. Hoping to accomplish both use huge tasks in these next 2-3 weeks. 

• @mrsPNW, I would totally recommend the pregnancy pillow. I know they seem expensive but IMO, worth it! I've been using it for awhile, and even taken it on vacation because it has been a lifeline for me trying to get a mostly full night of sleep.