November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 6/18

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/18

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom You'll have to let us know how the party goes. Hope you have a great time! You're probably right about summer starting and people being busy. It seems like the board is much busier during the day and gets really slow at night. 
    @mockingjay1 Hope you're enjoying your evening. :) 

Is anyone planning to see the Incredibles 2? We're going to take DD this weekend and I can't wait! 
    We saw it on Saturday! It was so good. My kids were both scared at one part (chasing a guy in a mask) and hid their faces but otherwise thought it was good! 
  • Options
    @highsteaks @wildrainbow We are looking for 3 rows too. My son (8) is in a high back booster and my daughter (4) is in a five point harness. So my trusty CRV won’t fit them and the baby seat. I heard the GMC Acadia Denali is a good one to look at. I also want to look at chevy Traverse. I will probably end up looking at some minivans but my husband is hoping we will get a midsize SUV lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @booksandcoffee i don’t think we even saw any traverses on the lot, which i always take as a good sign for any car. would you say they are comparable to the acadia?  i really want to want a minivan, but none of the ones i saw today wowed me. also—i think i’m sold on two captains chairs in the middle row as opposed to a full bench seat style. that was nice to see those two options in person.
  • Options
    @highsteaks I drive a Ford Flex with the awd and ecoboost. Best car I have ever owned! My husband also loves driving it because of the twin turbo 
     :D 

@offtoneverland I was hoping to take the girls with their cousins to Incredibles 2 while the cousins were visiting from Thailand this week, but the kids were so entertained hanging out and pretending that we never got to see it. 
  • Options
    highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited June 2018
    @hollyeva i don’t think i saw one of those on the lot either! i’ll add it to the list of cars to look into.

does anyone have a pilot? feels like almost everytime we talk to a salesman, they always give a special shout out to the pilot; are they that awesome, or is it a conspiracy? seriously, like 4 different instances in the last 5 years with the pilot.
  • Options
    @booksandcoffee I'm glad you and your kids liked it. Thanks for the tip about the scary part.
    @rmg85 So happy to hear that everything is okay with Orin! How stressful that it was all caused by a technician error. Yeesh! Hope you got some great sleep last night after that news. :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland my parents took two of my nephews (4 and 7) and they loved it!! I think DD is still too young to go to the theater, but I guess I don’t know. What’s normal for a first trip - 3,4,5? 

@rmg85 yay! So happy baby Orin is healthy and thriving! 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 I think we took DD to her first movie around 2 years old, but we spent a lot of time walking the halls outside the theater because she got antsy and it was a long time to sit. We took her to see Moana when she was 2.5 and she did better, but I think it all hinges on finding something your kid actually wants to watch and is interested in. DD loves superheroes, so I'm hoping that will keep her in the seat during the movie! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @highsteaks I'm so glad you brought this up! I got a call from the car dealership with a "special sale" they're running for their previous customers, which I usually just ignore and say "Nah, I'm good." However, after trying to fit two carseats in the back seat of my Jeep Cherokee (which I love), I realized that I will have to drive around like I'm 5'3", when I'm actually 5'11". So, we've been thinking about getting a new vehicle...I'm going to look tonight and am focusing in on the Dodge Durango or the Chrysler Pacifica. Since they're a Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler dealership, that's what they have the most of, but I'll try to scope out their used inventory, too. It breaks my heart to get rid of my Cherokee, but I just don't think it's going to work for twins :disappointed:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited June 2018
    @smulrich16 i feel the same way about our subaru forrester. breaks my heart that we have to sell it to afford a bigger car.
    eta- if you have a carmax near you, i highly recommend walking in to look at a bunch of different brands if you’re curious. them being not pushy is their thing. it’s so much more low key than a dealership. at ours, they leave all the cars unlocked and leave you alone to look until you’re ready to test drive.
  • Options
    @highsteaks Let me know what you think about the Ascent. H and I are talking about that one as a front runner in our car talks. 
  • Options
    @booksandcoffee i don’t think we even saw any traverses on the lot, which i always take as a good sign for any car. would you say they are comparable to the acadia?  i really want to want a minivan, but none of the ones i saw today wowed me. also—i think i’m sold on two captains chairs in the middle row as opposed to a full bench seat style. that was nice to see those two options in person.
    yes, they’re comparable to the Acadia and come with two captain chairs in the middle which is important to us because the middle row can get beat up with kids flying over it to the back row. 
  • Options
    @highsteaks No we don’t have that brand of theater but maybe one around here has something similar! I’ll check! Thanks for the suggestion 

• Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    I haven't had much to worry or complain about BUT - 

DH has started calling me "Bumpy" as a nickname and I really like it. Anyone else get any pregnant nicknames?

Also, anyone else find they will wear vastly different things when they're pregnant than they normally would wear? I'm very much a neutral (mostly black) color fan. Very serious. No patterns. Modern style. Today I am wearing a baby blue (?!?!?!) shirt with white vertical stripes with ....lemons on it. WTF? It's cute but...wtf?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yesterday I made the mistake of texting my friend that I had started to feel baby move more. Yesterday, he kicked maybe once. Today, I've basically ignored him and he's moved like crazy. I'm starting to think this kid will keep me in my toes more than ds. 
  • Options
    So we are putting a bid in on a house this weekend. It will be the first house we have owned. However  in our area, the house market is so tight. Houses are sold in a week and usually with multiple offers going in. This house is no different. We had the first showing on Friday and there was multiple ones after us plus however many over the weekend. All offers are being reviewed on Monday and will be sold by Wednesday. 

We really, really want this house and we are putting in a strong offer (list price plus an offer to go $1000 over the top offer, not to exceed 200k). However, I am really worried this won't be enough. I am just praying we get it!
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years good luck on the house!

@the-lo yes, definitely wearing more patterns than normal. However my nursing wear for later is back to more of the modern styles with no prints and solid colors.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow just got done looking at an ascent.
    it was really nice, especially for the price point compared to the other 3 row vehicles with matching upgrades that we looked at. definitely my top pick if we can afford it. the dealership got them in late last night, emailed us this morning that 2 were available to look at. we got there around noon today; a minute behind us another couple came to look. pretty certain they bought one before we left  :# salesguy said the turnaround for buying custom was about 2 months right now. they have heated and cooling front seats (which i thought might be really appealing for alabama summers ;) ). definite downside was that the 2nd and 3rd row are built stadium style (raised up) which is nice for carsickness and seeing the kids in the back BUT annoying for tall adults. my 5’11 husband’s head was just about touching the roof in the third row. the trunk space is tiny, but not more than any other mid size 3 row suvs we’ve seen lately. it did also have bonus hidden storage under the trunk flooring, about 1’x3ish’. any other questions, @ me.
    we also swung into the ford dealership and looked at a flex and explorer, but the price for the ascent was a better fit for us.
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited June 2018
    I stopped by Victoria's Secret today because they're having their semi-annual sale and I thought maybe I might find some sports bras in the clearance section.

I did find a few that are pretty great for $14.99 each (plus a very comfortable wireless bra that feels amazing), but damn did I underestimate how big my boobs have gotten.  I'm up 3 cup sizes and at the top of the cup size range offered by VS (plus I have to pay extra because of their stupid $5 extra for the biggest cup size but not for anything below that pricing system).

I hope they don't get any bigger.  I'm already bigger in the bust than I was at full term with my twins!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    the-lothe-lo member
  • Options
    @the-lo DH calls me Hippo and Large Marge. He thinks it’s hilarious and I actually find it cute. He started calling me by those names when we were out in public and I was super pregnant with DD. He thought it was so funny when strangers would react. 

@bfpafter4years Omg good luck! Keep us updated! 
  • Options
    did a super hard workout yesterday and feel terrible today.. so crampy and tired! Trying not to overthink any cramps..
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    Super stoked that my sciatica has gotten better. I think the baby is hanging out on one side less and more in the middle. Also glad I've figured out how to sleep without my hand going numb - for the most part.

BabyFruit Ticker