February 2019 Moms

GTKY: How many kids do you want?

2»

Re: GTKY: How many kids do you want?

• This is number 3 for us and we are done. I’m getting on some kind of BC after this one comes out for the first time in my life and we’re seriously talking about having DH get the big V. 
  • This is baby number 4 and if I'm being honest, I felt complete after #3. Four seems like a lot and I'm kind kind of freaking out about the logistics, but dh is really excited so I know it'll all work out. 
    March 2009 mmc 11 weeks
    Nov 2010 DD 1
    Oct 2012 DD 2
    Nov 2014 mmc 8 weeks
    Dec 2016 DS 1
    Cautiously expecting Feb 14 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • JenRN2009 said:
    This is baby number 4 and if I'm being honest, I felt complete after #3. Four seems like a lot and I'm kind kind of freaking out about the logistics, but dh is really excited so I know it'll all work out. 
    There are actually a lot of 4 time mommy’s on the BMB my self included.
  • Initially I wanted 3 and DH wanted 2. I struggled a lot emotionally after having DD and for a while didn't think I would be able to have another. Worked past that, but will most likely be done after this one. 
  • This will be number 2 and we are probably done. I go back and forth between wanting 2 or 3. I used to always want 3, and thinking that this pregnancy and baby will be my last makes me so sad! But 2 will fit so much better into our lifestyle. I guess we shall see! DH wants 2.
  • TBH, we were unsure about a third - I read this article and knew a third would be right for us and DH agreed.

https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/the-advice-that-helped-me-decide-to-have-a-third-baby/

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• grebretso said:
    I’m surprised at how many moms there are here with several children already! Looks like us FTMs are in the minority. Makes me feel good to have so many experienced people to learn from while I scramble cluelessly!
    I agree! I’m a FTM also. It’s nice to have so many people here who can advise us! 
  • grebretso said:
    I’m surprised at how many moms there are here with several children already! Looks like us FTMs are in the minority. Makes me feel good to have so many experienced people to learn from while I scramble cluelessly!
    I worried about this with my first, but it actually came to us pretty naturally. I'm also surprisingly laid back as a parent for someone with such a type A personality. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• etnyahetnyah member
    @kayjay44 I actually think I’ll be pretty laid back too for some reason, and I’m the type of person to fuss and worry about every little thing. My husband is very laid back and doesn’t worry, but I think he’ll be more overprotective with a child than I will be if the way we deal with our cat is an indication. I know having a cat is not like having a child, but he worries SO MUCH about that cat! “Will she overheat in the car?” “Should she be outside?” “Oh my god she’s eating a leaf?!!”. And I’m all “chill dude, she’ll survive”. It’s weird.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @grebretso - Looking back, we were that way with our first dog. I was the laid back one, DH was the overprotective one. Which is weird, because as a person, he's much more laid back and I'm the neurotic one.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• etnyahetnyah member
    @kayjay44 sounds like your dynamic is similar to ours! I always thought I’d be overprotective since my mom was, but I think I’ll be fine.

@ruby696 eww! Hey if she didn’t die it probably strengthened her immune system. Lol. 

DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Oh god, yes. Toddlers are so gross. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @grebretso Thats exactly what I told my husband! 
  • Thanks for sharing that article @kayjay44. It's very sweet. 

I can't wait to discover that dynamic with DH. If our dog is any indication I'll be the mellow one but I think it comes from experience in that case. We'll be on a level playing field with a baby!

• @ruby696 haha! That’s hilarious and gross! I have become desensitized to stuff like that as well thanks to DD’s antics. 
  • @ruby696 haha! That reminds me of the time DD tried to feed her fry to a pigeon, promptly got mad when it took it , chased it until it dropped the fry , then she picked it up to eat it. So gross !! I just about lost my mind ! 
  • @canadianmom89 OMG I'm dying! Literally laughing in my office at the mental picture. Seriously, I think the only thing grosser than pigeons are rats. And they're kind of the same.
  • canadianmom89canadianmom89 member
    edited June 2018
    @jessier19 haha!! That’s pretty accurate except she chased the bird and I wasn’t close enough to get it out of her mouth   
    Edited because I forgot emojis cut me off ! 
  • After my first, I was one and done.  Then 2 years went by and we thought "maybe we could do this again".  

When we had our second, I didn't have my tubes tied because I had a feeling that mayyyyybe we should wait and see.  

# 3 will be our last and I will elect for the tubal during my c/s this time.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • This will be our second and we want 3 or 4. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband has an 9 yr old daughter & this is my 1st pregnancy.  We hope to have a total of 3.  Oddly I hope that this pregnancy is twins so I can “once & done”.  
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    We have 2 and said very loudly that we were done. Now I've got number 3 on board.. so three it is. But really, I'm done this time!
  • lea-v3lea-v3 member
    @jessier19 haha!! That’s pretty accurate except she chased the bird and I wasn’t close enough to get it out of her mouth   
    Edited because I forgot emojis cut me off ! 
    I did not know this about emojis! This explains why my posts keep getting messed up..