December 2018 Moms

Symptoms Week of 6/17

2»

Re: Symptoms Week of 6/17

• A bloody nose! I've never had a bloody nose so of course I panicked but apparently they are pretty normal during pregnancy...
  • @rcultrona Oh man, that sucks! I blew my nose earlier this week and found blood. Here's hoping that I don't get an actually bloody nose...

I'm getting more hungry these days, but also struggling to eat enough. My nutritionist wants me to start eating more now that I'm in my second trimester. (She wants 2,000 calories a day for me for my height, weight, activity, exercise, pregnancy, etc.) And I have my goals for my protein/carb/fat ratios. I'm struggling to get in all the food I need, especially since I can't eat a ton at one time! I'm eating 5-6 smaller meals a day. I've gained about 3-4 pounds from the first trimester, but nothing else. And I know I need to start gaining. I'm hoping that I get used to this much food and see a slow upward trend. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • abowlsabowls member
    @omnommer, where did you find a nutritionist that will work with you?  I want macro goals but no one will work with pregnant ladies.  Maybe because all of the nutritionists I know work with weightlifters so it's outside of their comfort zone.
  • @omnommer I feel like I'm having the same problem! At the beginning of this pregnancy, I didn't think I'd have any trouble putting weight on - I actually thought I'd put too much on! But I haven't really gained anything and I'm starting to get worried. I try to eat, like you said, but I just can't get it all in! I think the smaller meals help, to an extent. I'll prob chat with my OB at our next appointment in a couple of weeks, especially if I still haven't gained when I do their weigh in. Good luck getting your 2000 calories each day!! And getting your slow upward trend!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• +1 aiming for a slow upward trend!

I put on weight real fast, but after the initial gain I’ve been the same. My OB wasn’t worried. I thought about trying to be thoughtful about ratios, and macros, but my tum has been too unpredictable.  I’m sticking with my usual goals since I can eat normal food again; mostly veggies when eating out, avoiding anything fried, avoiding vegetable oil, lots of water and milk. Curious about my next weigh-in!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango I'm lucky that my tummy has been better the past 2-3 weeks. But I do want to eat mostly veggies when eating out, and I'm definitely avoiding vegetable oil since my Omega 3 to 6 ratio isn't great. I'm hoping that after a week of 2,000 cal a day, I see something. 3 days (which isn't enough time, I know) and I've gone down a pound.  :D Probably from being more conscious of what types of carbs I am eating.

@mag1cbeli3ver Good luck to you too! At least there's a few weeks for both of us before our next appointments. From what I read, it should be like a 1/2 pound to a full pound a week of weight gain on average. And that it's better (if we can) to make it even gain rather than like 3 pounds one week and 0 the next, to make sure baby is getting enough nutrition every day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @abowls Good luck with the cardiologist.
  • Y'all, my ute is so sore lately. What on god's green earth is going on down there. Owwwwww. 

My tum is still so finicky. I haven't gained much so far, but I'm not too worried about it. Honestly after having gained way too much with my first two, I'm sure it'll eventually even out. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Re: weight gain; I had been doing a nice slow and steady weight gain in the first trimester, but then I lost almost all of it due to the reflux vomiting in second tri, so I'm basically back to where I started. I hope that's ok. I'm sure it probably is, since I'm overweight to begin with, the only thing I'm stressed about is keeping down enough protein. Gonna talk to my OB more about this at 20 weeks. She was mostly just concerned with potential dehydration at this point, not weight gain yet, but we'll see!
  • @maureenmce I've been trying to figure out how to get more protein. One thing I am trying this week is making sure to have a daily protein shake so that some of my protein comes from liquids. I just can't seem to fit all the physical foods in, lol. I also just added collagen peptides today to the shake (super pricey though) because my nutritionist recommended it both for extra protein (20 g protein per serving of collagen) AND great skin/joint support for both me and baby. Other things I'm eating for protein are eggs and small amounts of cheese so it doesn't feel like it's ALL coming from meat and seafood. I can handle meat now but it feels super heavy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @omnommer Sadly, liquidy things are my worst trigger for reflux vomiting, for some dumb reason! I can't have soups, smoothies or more than a couple of sips of water at a time or I throw up immediately. It's very frustrating! Your shakes sound amazing though!
  • @omnommer Yay for collagen peptides! I used to drink some every night before the aversions settled in. I started taking it last year to fend off aging, and everyone saw an undefinable difference after a month. I really need to start up again, because I think it's a good habit.

Anniversary
  • @maureenmce Aw, that sucks! Definitely get in things like watermelon to try to get some extra fluid if you are having problems with that. (Not that it helps on the protein, lol)

@echo-charlietango Awesome, I'm glad to hear there was a difference! Today's day one, so we'll see what it does for me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Anyone else at the point where you can only eat so much before feeling full?? It feels like baby is already taking up too much space and making my stomach "smaller", but realistically I know s/he isn't! I wasn't even able to finish my steak tonight  :'( 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @maureenmce What about nuts for protein?

@CecilB93 Yes! I was just saying that tonight. We went to my favorite place for dinner and I was too full for their delicious chocolate cake after only eating half of my meal.
  • @abowls , good luck w/  the cardiology visit. 

@maureenmce sorry to hear the puking continues.

Afm, I caught a summer cold from my daughter. Not fun, but no big deal. Except all the drainage in my throat is making me stsrt puking again. I stsyed up late getting ready for my daughter’s birthday party. And ended the evening vomiting. Blergh. 
  • I have had horrible mucus buildup. To the point it wakes me up because I need to spit and I gag off and on all day. Does anyone else have this problem and have you been able to fix it?
  • @Katzalia Is the cold going away yet? Sorry the drainage is making you pukey :disappointed:

@ShilohRyan I'm not a doctor, but I would increase your liquid intake to help thin out the mucus. If you're already downing a lot of water (not sodas, fruit juices, etc.), I would talk to your doctor and ask about underlying issues and if guaifenesin is safe to take in small doses. Good luck!

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango thanks I still have the cold but MH took the kiddo out running errands this morning so I could sleep/ get some recovery time before the workweek starts. 
  • edited June 2018
    @ShilohRyan have you tried a humidifier?  I use a humidifier and take zyrtec every night and it seems to be keeping the mucus at bay.  When it gets especially bad I use the neilmed nasal cleaner (like the netipot).

My symptoms this week have been continuing to pee every three seconds, only I can't.  And the bloat and constipation continue as well. Fun fun. I feel like my abdomen is so full it's going to burst!