October 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday (6/22)

halfanewthalfanewt member
edited June 2018 in October 2018 Moms
What are you doing to stay fit?

Any new developments/additions to your fitness routine? 

Favorite prenatal workouts? Bonus points for links to online options! 

Re: Fit Mom Friday (6/22)

• koala1107koala1107 member
    edited June 2018

What are you doing to stay fit? Walking a goal of 6 miles a day and top rope rock climbing with maternity harness

Any new developments/additions to your fitness routine? Climbing is getting harder, definitely starting to feel the extra weight but trying my best to keep up with it so I don’t lose all progress! 

Favorite prenatal workouts? Bonus points for links to online options! I’m not great with structured workouts, try to keep it more lifestyle oriented. Take long walks and hikes and just trying to stay active overall. 
  • 1. I’m working out consistently 4-5 days per week. I aim for 5 days, but it depends on the week.

2. I’ve really changed my fitness routine since getting pregnant. I’m mostly now doing at home workout videos and a cardio and strength training day at the gym on the weekends.

3. I like the beachbody prenatal workouts. I’ve also been doing some of their lower impact 21 day fix videos like the barre legs workout.
  • Loading the player...
  • What are you doing to stay fit?
    Walking at least 30 min per day and strength workouts 3-4x per week

I’ve been doing this consistently for the past 3 weeks or so. Before that just walking 4-5 days per week. 

I use a workout app called power 20 that has short prenatal workouts. They are pretty good!
  • @koala1107  I’m also climbing with a maternity harness! It’s a little weird to get used to but definitely more comfy than the old harness (which no longer fits anyway...) are you climbing at the same level as pre pregnancy stuff or doing easier routes?

This week on vacation I’ve been running outside and swimming at my friends gym. Started getting RLP while running now too. Really frustrating.

Occasional prenatal yoga back home, but not this week!
  • What are you doing to stay fit? I have been lazy this week. I only made it to OT twice this week. I was planning on going to the gym this morning but my bed was just too comfy. :/ 

Any new developments/additions to your fitness routine? Doing things a little slower but not much change.

Favorite prenatal workouts? Bonus points for links to online options! Just do what orange theory tells me lol. I    hate having to come up with stuff. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
    Still running, Pilates. This last week of school kinda kicked my butt, so I’ve been spending extra quality time with my foam roller :) 

There’s a prenatal yoga class Tuesday mornings that I may try next week. Hoping it’s not too chill. 

I’ve been doing pretty much the same old stuff, so I was curious to see if anyone had new specific ones! 
  • @rc-cola so cool to hear of another climbing mama! It took me a while to adjust to the maternity harness, the first time I used it I didn’t have the sides tightened enough and ended up hanging at the most awkward angle straight up and down and couldn’t get my legs on the wall  :D I’m using the mad rock mountain mama harness, what about you?
    It really depends on the day whether I’m close to my pre-pregnancy strength or not, some days I feel like a champ and others I struggle with 5.9s haha. I mostly bouldered before getting pregnant so I’ve just been trying to work on my endurance lately. 
    prenatal yoga daily love the stretching and deep breathing- hip openers are my saving grace! I have 3 boys at home so I consider never sitting down and always moving with them outdoors a workout in and of itself!

no additions, I stopped weight lifting because I was getting really bad Braxton hicks and the round ligament pain is just terrible for this 4th pregnancy!
    I like youtube videos to do a quick routine (20-30mins)
  • What are you doing to stay fit? I had a really busy week so I only made it to the gym 3 times. My goal is 4-5 so I’m hoping to get back on track this week. 

Any new developments/additions to your fitness routine? Nothing new this week. DH just mentioned to me that there is a yoga channel included in one of our tv packagages (don’t remember if it’s amazon, Hulu or Netflix...we don’t have actual cable so we just have those), so I’m hoping they have some prenatal ones. If they do I’m planning to try that this week.

Favorite prenatal workouts? Bonus points for links to online options! So far spinning is my favorite, but it was my favorite prepregnancy too!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life any issues with spinning? Thinking about getting a bike for indoor cardio workouts over the winter since I can’t imagine running. In the cold rain with a stroller will be much fun... 
  • @halfanewt not necessarily the same thing, but I've used an assault bike at crossfit and didn't have issues with it...other than that it's hard as hell to use anyway and shoots your heartrate up quickly lol.
  • @halfanewt when I don't feel like running at OTF I use the bike and it's been fine. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jemmerjams an assault bike sounds terrifying, lol. Glad to know no issues, though! 

@laumb11 thanks! Scanning craigslist now... 
  • @halfanewt I’ve had no issues with spinning which I think is why I’ve enjoyed it still as much as I do. I do obviously get out of breath easier, but it’s easy on my joints which I like. I have been taking it easier than prepregnancy, but it’s the one thing that I still feel like I get a good workout doing! I don’t enjoy regular stationary bikes as much as I do the spin bikes tho so maybe that’s something to look in to if you are looking to purchase one.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
    I've been walking at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes with the pup or trying to get a 2 mile run in at least 2x a week. Running a 5k in 3 weeks so I need to keep moving. Morning workouts are hard to do when you finally find a comfortable sleeping position. I've also been bringing my yoga mat and weights outside on the deck in the morning to do some exercises. It's so peaceful!

I've been taking it slower and trying to stretch more. Getting a little more winded than usual

Youtube prenatal workouts. I think it's Amy's workouts? They are about 25 minutes! I just bring it up on you youtube app on my firestick. If i don't like it i switch to the next video
  • @koala1107 I’m using a petzl harness- my husband actually works for a rock climbing gym so we went with the best pro deal lol. It’s gettng so much more tiring every week!!