January 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In 6/18

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: How did you meet your SO? 
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: PGAL Check In 6/18

• Options
    @kns1988 I had my DD less than a year ago and I definitely notice that I am 'showing' way earlier this time. I don't think I can feel my uterus so I feel like it's just all of my organs being moved around. But I wake up in the morning with a 'bump' that is more drastic by end of day because of bloat. Aldo FX for tomorrow!

11 + 2.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally nervous for NIPT this week and NT next week. Physically I feel like garbage BUT I also am definitely noticing my symptoms starting to lighten up.

Nope. In the appointment gap right now.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? This is the worst part of the first tri for me - waiting for what I'm praying is the OK with the NIPT and NT. Knowing answers are so close but also knowing I have to wait is really hard. And it wreaks havoc on my PGAL brain.

High School! He is actually 2 years younger than I am. We were great friends and then started officially dating right after I graduated. We'll be together 10 years this August.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 11+1 - lime

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally, I don't know. I go back and forth. The doppler is really helping because I can confirm that baby is alive, but I won't feel better about baby's health until the NT scan next week. I am now starting to freak out about PPROM in 2nd tri. Because there's always something else to worry about, right? Physically, I'm having an OK day so far today but the last 3 have been brutal after having a decent week 10. What gives!?!

Nope. NT scan not until next Wednesday.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: DS (6.5) has a lot of anxiety about going to school in the mornings and can sometimes be quite physical when trying to get him there. This morning was a struggle and he elbowed me in the pelvis. I'm a bit sore and I've already checked for bleeding twice. I am so freaked out right now.

A friend of DH's was renting a room in a house my friend owned. The renter was a cool guy and was welcomed into our friend group (we were all 19 - early 20's). After exams were over in my 3rd year of uni, my friend who owned the house threw a "beginning of summer" party and our renter friend invited a few of his friends, one who happened to be DH. We just celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary on Sunday.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Since this doesn't normally get posted until Wednesday, I was super confused and had a small panic attack that I had my days of the week mixed up. Ahhh pregnancy brain, lol. 

8 tomorrow! 

Mentally starting to feel better, physically, well, pregnant. 

I just finished my nurse intake, we got a whole bunch of labs done to baseline where everything is because of my history with pre-e/PIH. We plan to start baby aspirin in second tri and we ordered my NIPT which I can do in a week or so. 

I just love my health care providers. From my PCP, to the RE to my OB and nurse. I love them all. They're going above and beyond to put my mind at ease as much as they can and I love them all for it. 

We were in the same unit in the military. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    wkuandreawkuandrea member
    edited June 2018
    7w6d -- 8 tomorrow!

Both UGH. Mentally, the US is when we found out about our loss last time, so of course I'm so afraid of the same experience (this Friday). I'm also tapering down my anxiety meds (can't go completely off, trust me) and it's a really hard time to be doing it. Physically, nauseous almost 24/7. I'll do this cool dry heave gag cough just at random. Usually proceeded by or followed by a few loud hiccups. I'm tired of eating, but eating is the only thing that helps the nausea. So tired, but so uncomfortable. Also (TMI), my "stool" has been really light and clay colored (I already have digestive issues), so yay another thing to bring up at the doctor. 

Labs yesterday (Mon) and tomorrow (Weds) and the long awaited/dreaded US on Friday. FX!

See above TMI poop story :)
    Also, how do you get your SO to understand pregnancy symptoms? I bought him some books (which he isn't reading) and I try to tell him but... he's kind of driving me cray. He's just not getting that I might be tired or grouchy from being nauseous all of the time. And definitely not sympathetic to food aversions, smells, or any cravings. He's an only child so shifting from the all about him mentality is hard. 

Speaking of, haha. We actually met on Match.com! Dated for less than a year, got engaged and married within 5 more months, have been together almost two total years at this point (see above growing pains, lol).

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @Kabazaba, I wouldn't do ab workouts in the second and third trimesters. In the third, it won't really be possible anyways. I was in PT during my last pregnancy for back pain, and she had me do gentle pelvic exercises in the 3rd tri. You could also youtube pregnancy safe workouts (with a discerning eye). 

• Options
    I’m enjoying reading how everyone met their SO’s! ❤️

11w tomorrow. 

Still struggling to believe this baby is real, and nervous to share the news. 
    Exhausted. I get spurts of energy followed by crashing.
    Nausea is still hanging around. Comes and goes, no real rhyme or reason to it. 

Next appointment is Monday 6/25. Can’t wait.

Does PGAL brain ever go away? I want to feel happy and assured about this pregnancy, but the pain of the past is difficult to overcome. 

We met at a Bible study and were married within 3 months. We know we’re non-traditional in that we didn’t date very long before getting married. But we are both older and have been married before. We also treated the dating process with intentionality: determine whether to marry or to move on. Once we knew, we got married the following week. We did a premarital course and workbooks to make sure we discussed all the topics before getting married. 
    We got married in October, so just 8 months ago. 
  • Options
    @Kabazaba i'm so happy you had a good appointment today. I'll expect list of all the good places to check out after you get back from Yellowstone!!
  • Options
    @featherchicki for me personally PGAL brain has never gone away.  Even with my DS full term pregnancy I was a mess the entire time! I just did what I could to help ease my mind.  Paid for extra ultrasounds, used my Doppler as often as possible etc.  
  • Options
    @featherchicki It doesn't really go away. I know that sucks to hear but until that baby is in your arms you will wonder. And then a whole new set of worries enter your heart. I think it's the nature of being a mom in some ways. 
    I will say hearing the heartbeat helps. Feeling the baby move helps. If you think it would ease your mind I would buy a doppler. It definitely helped ease my mind with DS and it's helped with this one as well even though today was the first day I could pick up the HB. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @featherchicki I wish we could’ve given you a better answer and say it goes away. But first tri worries roll into different worries. And unfortunately for me at least, the third tri worries were much greater. The closer I got to meeting DD the greater the stakes got and the more freightened I was of something going wrong. What I can promise you though is that the end result is worth all of the struggles you go through to get there. Which is why so many of us are being crazy and doing it again. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    Thanks @LCRbelle and @sparkymcgeee. I guess it’s good to know these feelings are normal, even though they downright stink. I’ve been through many losses over the past few years (my late husband, my grandmothers, and my last pregnancy), so I’m ready for this season of loss to be over!

I agree with the comments on last week’s PGAL check-in that going through grief has made me grow, and it’s certainly made me more empathetic with others. I ended up starting a GriefShare support group at my church to help others go through grief. It helped me when I was in the darkest depths of grief, and I wanted to help others. My pastor wants me to run another 13-week GriefShare group starting in August and we’re trying to decide whether we want to take that on, given I’m pregnant. It’s hard to know now how I’ll feel from August to November. 
  • Options
    @BitterBetty12 summed it up perfectly! If you’re prone to worry there will always be something! You just do everything you can to ease your mind as much as possible. It also helps to talk to others who have gone through similar things and learn and grow together! 
  • Options
    @katethemom First tri headaches were a struggle for me this time too. Last time I had them in second tri, so I'm hoping I just got them out of the way early! Hang in there, hopefully they ease up soon!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    9+3, pecan/olive/cherry sized

Physically not too bad! Had 2 really good days where I really wasnt nauseated, just tired. Didn't feel too great last night or this morning though... Blah! Mentally I'm all over the place I guess, depression is good and I've wrapped my head around the pregnancy but I'm still terrified to get attatched because I'm not puking my guts out like I did with the girls

Went yesterday for one, blood pressure was high but my girls weren't exactly cooperative

I forgot just how intense first trimester fatigue can be... Also my nipples are super sensitive now which isn't making nursing DD2 very fun!

We met through friends who thought we would be a good match. Didn't work out right off the bat because he had just started seeing someone but over the first year we would visit and dance together any time we ran into each other in the bar. Finally I got his number from the friends and sent him a flirty text and the rest is history!
  • Options
    Two things today. 
    1. I had my blood drawn for the panorama. Nervous nelly over here now. What if my 10w3d isn't enough to get a clear dna sample? What if something is wrong because for some reason this is too good to be true? 
    2.I told my department today during our meeting. My stomach is very much a pregnant person stomach and has been for a few days. I know people were noticing and so I decided to go ahead and tell. Told them they were all screwed come January. Haha!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    10w3d - the size of a brussel sprout

Physically a little better. The nausea is not as bad though I still have random food adversions. Still very tired and add me to the headache club too. Mentally this week has been worse. Lessening of some symptoms combined with being in between appointments. 

Next appointment is the 29th. 

I'm a little annoyed that DH is so infatuated with his new sprayer. I'm getting tired of talking about it when I'd rather be talking about this pregnancy. 

We met in a college algebra class. He was going back to school to get his civil engineering degree and should have been in Calc but he wanted a refresher and I was a history major so I was taking the easiest math to meet the requirement. The professor assigned a group assignment and he and I ended talking for hours in library when we met to work in it. There were a few bumps in the road but this fall we'll celebrate our 7th anniversary. 

Its fun reading how everyone met their signicant other. 

Me (25) DH (33), Married 10-29-11

TTC since May 2012

9/13 BW suggests irregular/no ovulation

9/13, First cycle clomid =BFN

10/13, HSG =  Everything normal

10/13,  clomid #2= BFP on 11-4-13, EDD 7-8-14,  MC 11-11-13

Surprise BFP on 1-11-14, EDD 9-18-14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sparkymcgeee All the FX that time goes quickly until you get the results! I had mine drawn yesterday and I know I won’t hear anything until next Thursday at the earliest and I’m alreasy going crazy. 

Also my stomach is defintiely the stomach of a pregnant person right now too. But I’m overweight as well so I imagine people are probably on the ‘is she getting heavier or is she pregnant’ train of thinking. Thankfully as a teacher I only have to see them for two more days so then I can avoid telling them until September assuming all goes well.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    Question @BitterBetty12 and any other teachers here: Are you going to tell your principal/supervisor over the summer that you’re pregnant or wait until you head back to work in August? I’m not sure yet.

sigh I was going to respond to check-ins but my mobile app is being a B. I’ll try again later on desktop. 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion So ultimately I would like to wait until I go back in September (and there are a few logistical reasons for that). But if I announce publicly then I will probably need to tell him ahead of time. My AP and Principal already know. Just not my direct supervisor. So I am torn.
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    8 weeks! Our lil' raspberry.

Really good! Which of course freaked me out and made me bump up our U/S (thanks PGAL brain). Just tired AF, emotional and dreams like crazy. We're already a week past our previous MC mark, so just cherishing each day that gets us closer to the second tri.

First U/S yesterday! Everything looks better than expected. During our first pregnancy, they thought they saw a septum in my uterus, but this time around they said everything looks totally normal. I'll take it! Next stop, NIPT testing in early July!

Rave: I was convinced we'd have to change our December travel plans, but as long as I don't show any signs of pre-term labor, they're cutting me off of travel the day after we get back. Fingers crossed! (SO "needs" to see the last Raiders game in Oakland. I'm just in it for the food, lol. SF clam chowder bread bowls anyone?)

High school. We dated, went our separate ways in college, then found each other again (on Tinder lmao). 
  • Options
    Right now I can't tag anyone or love it anything or even see my notifications. I was going to reply to a bunch of people but it just won't post. I am very angry with my bump right now :(
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I have had issues too @oaklandava although it did let me just tag you! Lol
    Its super frustrating to deal with. 
  • Options
    I've been having issues love titting for a while now on mobile. Some threads / times it lets me, and other times it tells me I don't have permission. It is really frustrating!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    The whole site has been logging me off constantly. App, desktop, mobile, doesn't matter. It's been a pain. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    The whole site has been logging me off constantly. App, desktop, mobile, doesn't matter. It's been a pain. 
    Same. So annoying. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    PGAL brain is kicking in. I don't see my OB until the 6th. My RE offered to do a 9 week u/s which would be next week and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to take him up on it. I keep trying to tell myself to relax and everything is fine but PGAL brain blows. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    I couldn't find the baby on the doppler this morning or last night. So of course I'm freaking out. I may seriously call my docs office today and see if they will see me quickly. I'm just shy of 11w so I feel like it should be picked up. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    ladystout08ladystout08 member
    edited June 2018
    I couldn't find the baby on the doppler this morning or last night. So of course I'm freaking out. I may seriously call my docs office today and see if they will see me quickly. I'm just shy of 11w so I feel like it should be picked up. 
    Hopefully babe is just hiding in the back. I wouldn't blame you one bit for calling though for some peace of mind. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    PGAL brain is kicking in. I don't see my OB until the 6th. My RE offered to do a 9 week u/s which would be next week and I keep going back and forth on whether or not to take him up on it. I keep trying to tell myself to relax and everything is fine but PGAL brain blows. 
    Just do it! It'll be nice to have that reassurance. It sounds like you have a great RE.