Appointments and Updates 6.17-6.23

When is your appointment?

How far along will you be?

What is being discussed?

Questions/Comments/Concerns:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 6.17-6.23

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy GL with the AS! You'll have to let us know how the new Jurassic movie is. I'm so excited to see it!

When is your appointment? Today and Wednesday

How far along will you be? 20 weeks 

What is being discussed? AS today,  and then discussing those results and check up on Wednesday.  Also going to ask about depression/anxiety medication. 

Questions/Comments/Concerns: Anyone else suffering from antepartum depression or anxiety? What medication did they put you on? 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @josie12367 Good luck at the AS today! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sorry to hear about your depression and anxiety, but good for you for having the strength to ask your OB about it. I have no advice on that topic, but I hope someone else will be able to offer some. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Thursday 
    20 +1
    What is being discussed?
    Anatomy scan 

Just excited to hear babes heart beat and hopefully find out what we are having. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland Thanks...it's been a long time coming with the medication. I'm happy that I'm finally at a point I can ask too. The AS went pretty good. Baby was a bit stubborn so they had a hard time getting pictures of her heart and spine, but they ultimately got what they needed. She's in the 50th percentile for growth, and measuring right on track. The tech told me that everything looked normal, but if course I have to wait for the f/u to get the official all clear. Feeling pretty relieved, and ready to really start gearing up for her arrival :)
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    When is your appointment? Today and Friday

How far along will you be? 16w6d

What is being discussed? I saw my MFM dr today.  We did a pre-AS, discussed my HBP, and complications that can arise because of it during my third trimester.  She is very thorough, so I felt like I walked away knowing the "why" instead of her just telling me what to do.  I got to see my lil Peanut and he is measuring over a week ahead.  My husband's family has large kids, so it was expected.  I see my OB Friday and get my Makena shot.

Questions/Comments/Concerns:  None really.  I just want to get an idea of what to expect during the next trimester.  I also found out we have to make sure someone is on call to circumcise him when he's born.  It's not a standard thing (it was automatically done when born if requested...no extra scheduling needed) like it was when we were in Arizona.
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    When is your appointment? Apt was just this morning 

How far along will you be? 20 weeks, half way! 

What is being discussed? Routine Apt, all vitals were great. 

Questions/Comments/Concerns: I didn’t think much of it when he said it, but now that I’m home I’m feeling a bit weird. My last pregnancy I had regular HTN that turns to severe pre-e, daily NSTs, induced at 35wks. 
    Anyways, my OB is basically preparing me for the same fate this pregnancy. He made the comment that he hopes we’ll get to 35w this time. But this pregnancy my BP is stable, I’m medicated and I’ve been controlling it since my last pregnancy. I know I have a huge risk of getting pre-e again, but it’s not a guarantee. It’s possible I can get closer to full term and I’m sincerely hoping I can get further along. So I guess I need to clarify this with my OB and make sure we are on the same page, taking necessary precautions, being realistic but open to see how I progress. 
  • Options
    Tomorrow 6/19

18w and 2 days

What is being discussed?
    Anatomy scan!

Not sure why but a bit concerned cause I feel babys heart rate has been downtrending (everything has stated within normal limits). I think it's my own fear and anxiety getting into my head. 
  • Options
    @jkmartin723 - I don't know how often you check the heart beat, but my baby's varies a lot too. I've gotten 140s to 160s and I think it just depends on what baby is doing. Lower when resting/sleeping and higher when active, just like it will vary when he/she is born. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 Thanks!! That's super helpful, it's so awful what my mind does to make me worry. No one has been concerned which is reassuring I just didnt realize it could fluctuate so much but that makes a ton of sense. Thanks for helping my crazy thoughts!!
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited June 2018
    When is your appointment? Thursday 6/21

How far along will you be? 20+5

What is being discussed? Anatomy scan

Questions/Comments/Concerns I always feel a little anxious about this one since it’s the big scan. I’m a bit annoyed because my husband forgot to request off so I’m rolling solo to this. It’s making me feel more anxious, like I’ll get bad news since I’m alone. We also are catering for the PGA at work this week so it is a complete sh*t show and making my anxiety way worse. I’m kind of just ready for this appointment and week to be over!
    nws
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots thinking of you today! Can't wait to hear how the AS goes! 
  • Options

Thursday, 6/21.

18 + 6

What is being discussed?

Just a general OB check-in.  Doppler, questions/concerns...I don't really expect anything else.

None right now.  Everything seems fine and I'll be scheduling my A/S with my MFM once I see him (appointment on 6/25).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    No planned appts this week (so far anyhow) but FINALLY got the call from my OB's office regarding my NIPT test results... "insufficient fetal DNA" (*head meet wall*).  I'm so aggravated.  The nurse tried to tell me that sometimes this happens when the test is drawn too early, which I quickly put the kibosh on and explained really, than how do you explain it seeing I had the draw done LATER than normal.  It was drawn at 16w5d.  Do not tell me "it was too early" as an excuse because that makes zero sense when it's can be preformed at 10-11weeks.  So now I get to wait around for her to talk to the OB and get back to me.  From a quick google search it looks like it could be due to me having a high BMI... again *head meet wall*.  Obviously I'm waiting for my OB to call back before making a decision but based on other people's experiences regarding higher BMI and this result they got the same "insufficient result" on their redraw so now I don't even know if it's worth it to even get redone.  I'm just so frustrated and trying not to read into it being due to other reasons such as a potential problem with baby.  I feel like I might as well just wait for my anatomy scan on 7/6 but I dunno.  

TL;DR: NIPT results were insufficient fetal cells and I'm hella annoyed about it.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts - ugh I am so sorry. I would be so frustrated too. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm sorry to hear that, so frustrating! Which NIPT test did you take?  For what it's worth, I've heard Maternit21 has a lower incidence of insufficient fetal DNA results. My BMI is not ideal and and I did mine right around 11 weeks with no issue.
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm sorry. I've also heard that the insufficient data could be because baby is a girl and it's hard to tell the difference between mom and baby. I'm just throwing it out there. I know I'm considered obese for my height (I'm 4'11 and I weigh much more than the max 110). I didn't have any issues with ds when we got ours drawn, I dunno. Is an elective u/s an option? It May be cheaper than doing another NIPT. I assume everything else was fine with the test other than the annoying gender issue? 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts oh man I’m so sorry. That’s so frustrating. I know waiting for those results seem like a lifetime, I can’t imagine it coming back as unreadable. Sorry! 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts. So sorry that happened! I'd be incredibly frustrated as well. 
  • Options
    Thursday! 

My 20 week appointment 

What is being discussed?
    we will get to see the baby and making sure everything is developing safely. 

I am nervous. I just want to make sure that everything is developing healthily. 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts that’s bananas! You could go ahead call the company that does the test directly like LabCorp or Sequenom or whoever. I’m sure they have a phone number on their website, and someone who can answer questions about why this happens, the odds of it happening on a redraw etc. you might be able to get them to do a retest for free if you make a stink, especially if they can’t guarantee it will get you results this time. Your OB might know if a different test might be a better option if this has happened once, or maybe google would know which tests need least amount of DNA? Maybe your doc would also be willing to do an u/s sooner to put your mind at ease. 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Ugh! I am so sorry! I know you've been waiting for what seems like forever for these results already. :( I like @lifesabeach85's ideas...maybe give it a shot and see what happens. 
    @EvilRaccoon Good luck on Thursday! Keep us updated.
    @mockingjay1 So so happy for you, friend!  <3 What a weight off your shoulders to know the baby is as healthy as can be. When you mentioned the sugars in your urine being high, is there a number that is considered high? My urine tests have always been negative, but my last one said something like 1+ on the patient portal. I have not heard anything from my OB so I assume it's nothing to worry about yet, but I wondered if it was a sign of the beginnings of GD. Maybe it was just something I ate, like you said. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Thank you @offtoneverland! I don't know the number, the nurse just showed me the dipstick color and then the color on the bottle to show low-high and mine was the highest :neutral: With my PCOS I'm slightly insulin resistant anyway (though it's always been negative before) and I had GD with DS, so that is why I was more concerned. I bet yours was just a little high because of something you ate! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! It's just so frustrating.  I never got a call back from my OB yesterday (big surprise there).  So I'll be calling this AM.  Once I talk to them I'm going to inquire with the company my doctor's office uses (they go through Harmony) to ensure I'm not going to be double charged if I decide to do a redraw and especially if a redraw isn't guaranteed to give results.  It's just really frustrating.  I'll be sure to ask my OB about potentially using a different company/what other options are available too.     

@wildrainbow I got ZERO results from the test.  Honestly, if it were just that they couldn't verify sex, I could care less.  My main concern is finding out if LO has any chromosomal abnormalities.  They couldn't tell me anything  :s 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Just got my 2nd progesterone shot. These things hurt! I'm just glad I didn't get the elbow joint pain this time. The things we go through for our kids and they never have any idea.... Lol
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts that is so aggrevating!  Hopefully they can give you a path forward to get actual results.  
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Fingers crossed for results!!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy I get my second shot tomorrow.  I am not looking forward to it!

Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m back after my appointment today. I see a group of doctors and the guys always seem to be super laid back about everything. Today I saw the girl and she said she is not messing around. I have known from the day I found I would be high risk. I guess since she admitted me, monitored me for 9 days and delivered my second pre term labor she wants no surprises this time. She is going to let me come back at 24, then 28 weeks and then start weekly. She will check for dilation at 30 weeks and said if she even feel softening she’s putting me on bed rest immediately. I also got a list of restrictions and one is really stressing me out. She says no lifting over 20 lbs and my two year old is 33. She said I need to find my support system and enlist them now, but my husband and I work opposite schedules for a couple months and I truly have no idea how I’m supposed to make this work. Other than that though our anatomy scan went great. He is estimated at 14oz, 138 heart rate, growing right on track and everything looks great! Here’s to hoping this guy wants to take it easy on me and will cooperate until at least 34 weeks!
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 i’m sorry that you have to be restricted; it’s got to be so frustrating after the difficulty you went through trying to get your progesterone shots covered. i hope everything cooperates and you can avoid bed rest. thinking of you. yay for great anatomy scan results!
  • Options
    @ashkee05 do you have family close or anyone who would be able to lend a hand through the next few months? I hope your support system is strong!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ashkee05 I'm sorry for the stressful appointment. I hope you are able to find a solution soon.