1st Trimester

Starting to get discouraged

So I recently had a chemical miscarriage in August and then again in February...I started getting sore boobs and tested real early last week and have been getting positives from Thursday until today(Tuesday) only just now getting a little darker over the last couple days. However, I had a little pink discharge/bleeding a lot Saturday afternoon, and then that stopped, and then today I’ve had these few times when going to the bathroom that there’s been almost a light brown discharge of some kind. I know brown usually means old blood, but I’m fearing the worst...I went in yesterday for hcg and it was at 189 and I go in again tomorrow, but I just feel like I keep running to the bathroom feeling like I’m going to be bleeding yet again and losing this one...I never had spotting in my first pregnancy either. I know there’s nothing I can do about it but we’ve been trying for almost 2 years with this one and it’s just been really frustrating...

Re: Starting to get discouraged

• wildtotwildtot member
    Sorry for your stress and losses. Try to relax and maybe lay off the tests. Glad they are at least testing your levels and you should know your results soon. Have they tested your progesterone? Some women (including myself) have to take supplements to treat spotting and low levels. With my son I bled all first tri and he’s now 2 yrs old. With this pregnancy I hardly bled. Best of luck!
  • They did test my progesterone and it was at 15.5 which sounds low but they said it was good, so I’m taking their word on that...I still have this weird light tan colored discharge that’s really throwing me off because it’s not a heavy flow, just sort of spotty here and there...
  • Loading the player...
  • [Lurking from BOTB, etc]. Your progesterone is good.  I’m sure it’s nerve-wracking but I’ve heard of a lot of people having bleeds throughout pregnancy and having great, healthy babies.  Spotting is definitely common.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • I am having the same issue @kebundy3 . But, I am on progesterone suppositories. Today, I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped a had a good amount of light pink blood. I've also had the brownish discharge prior to this, but the doctor told me it would be normal with the suppositories. I am still getting nervous. Sending good vibes your way. 
  • Thanks @texasmommie..... fingers crossed it doesn’t stick around and cause anxiety any longer....everything is already nerve wracking enough without making me worry about spotting....sending them back to you as well!!
  • I am having the same issue @kebundy3 . But, I am on progesterone suppositories. Today, I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped a had a good amount of light pink blood. I've also had the brownish discharge prior to this, but the doctor told me it would be normal with the suppositories. I am still getting nervous. Sending good vibes your way. 
    I was never on them so this is third hand knowledge, but if your suppositories are colored at all they can cause colored discharge. I've heard of moms-to-be being on red suppositories which are very unnerving when they cause red or pink discharge. I believe they can irritate your cervix which could also cause spotting.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • It could be a SCH (subchorionic Hemorrhage) due to implantation. I didn't have it with my first but I had it with my second and now this pregnancy. You spot usually when going to the bathroom and they usually resolve on their own as long as they aren't big. This may not be the case but it could be... I'm sure you'll find out more at future ultrasounds. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers