Trouble TTC
Options

TTC Checkin 06/13/2018

Sorry I've been MIA for a minute folks...   huge thanks to @Bababatty for keeping the checkin rolling!

I'll update our statuses this week and next checkin we should be up to date.

How is everybody doing?

QOTW:  Beauty product that actually lives up to its claims?

PAGING: 

@BWhitta: dx: PCOS, low AMH and endo Rx: letrozole
@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: IVF
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  IVF
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@thothscribe81: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@kiwielopingbride: Dx: Unexplained Rx: IUI
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: IUI
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33 dx: weak ovulation, possible LPD, AMA Rx: Injectables + Ovidrel + TI
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTC Checkin 06/13/2018

• Options
    *TW* I’m finally back after sitting out for two months after a very confusing miscarriage *TW* 
    I’m still on the same protocol - Femara plus trigger shot followed by support shot. However, my RE said we could consider IVF at this point because it would be beneficial to do PGS testing. DH wants to continue our current protocol for two more months though. So fingers crossed that it works and we don’t have to move on to IVF. I’m currently in the TWW I think. My temp charts have been confusing but I triggered on Monday. Does taking fertility meds alter the way your temp trends?! 
    Eh, as far a beauty products, I’m not really sure. I think lipsense works pretty good but maybe not quite up to the hype!
  • Options
    @mrsjcrane welcome back.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult it can be to return afterward.  Hopefully you find the support you need here and enjoy a short stay.

@Bababatty I'm anxious to hear about your results earlier this week.  Fingers crossed everything is well.

AFM: Cycle day 1 finally!  Hysteroscopy and bloodwork scheduled for Tuesday...but I'm waiting to hear back if I need to reschedule the bloodwork due to the Hysterscopy scheduled the same day.  Not sure if being 4 viles short of blood and going under anesthesia is a good idea.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsjcrane I’m so sorry for your loss.  <3<3 Welcome back and FX for success.

@ChristenMA83 Good luck with your hysteroscopy!

@emmasemm I am so sorry to hear about your very frustrating saga to ER! How did your embie do?

@GoldenKeys Welcome back!

*TW* BFP and losses mentioned
    I do not have good news. Again. My initial beta was very good (121) but then only increased by 27% and subsequently 26%. My RE has given this a 0.1% chance of success and has put his money on either yet another CP or, to change it up, an ectopic. I have an u/s and bloodwork tomorrow to rule out the ectopic. In the meantime, I’m staring at the bottle of wine in my fridge with a great deal of longing because I have to continue acting as if this is a viable pregnancy. I even got nervous power walking in the airport on Friday night, which was stupid. You can’t kill something that’s probably not there anymore. The best outcome would be ectopic, apparently, because a third CP in a row suggests a larger, as yet undiagnosed problem. There has to be some irony in that.

It’s never good when your RE starts to get nervous about your chances of conceiving a viable pregnancy. We have a very clear MFI diagnosis, but it may be that my body didn’t want to miss out on the fun. We’ll be thawing and PGS testing the remaining embryos, I’ll be doing a hysteroscopy, and then our RE will be bringing our case to the entire group of doctors in the practice to get their thoughts. Again, in a perverse reversal, the best outcome would be for all of our remaining embryos to be abnormal because it could indicate the entire batch were duds and the we’ll just do another IVF round. If they’re all normal, then we’re all worried about why my body has become a not so lean but definitely mean, embryo killing machine.

And once that’s all done, our grand plan right now is another ET in August. 2 embryos this time because we’re done messing around.
  • Options
    @mrsjcrane so sorry you had to go through that. Welcome back and fx this protocol works and you won't have to move on to IVF!

@ChristenMA83 sending good thoughts your way for the Hysteroscopy tomorrow!

@Bababatty I am so sorry that you're facing another possible loss and all the uncertainty that goes along with it :'( I hope that your blood work and ultrasound will at least bring a bit of clarity. It sounds like your RE is right on top of things and it's great that the other doctors will get to look at your case and hopefully bring some new insights into the mix. Try not to let your mind dwell too much on the "what ifs" at this point and stay focused on getting the testing done and hopefully some clear results. Sending lots of <3 your way.
    Me: 37 DH: 35
    Married since February 2012
    TTC since February 2017
    10 natural cycles = all BFN
    Dx: weak ovulation with possible LPD; Rx: Clomid (4 rounds); Puregon + Ovidrel + TI (3 rounds)
    7 medicated cycles (see above) = BFN
    During the last medicated cycle, they found a small cyst on an ovary and ordered an MRI to check for endometriosis
    May 2018 switched to an RE and did more testing while trying naturally
    8 natural cycles = BFN
    Dx: AMA, endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR; Rx: IVF
    October 2018, IVF #1 = 4 ER, 2 M, 1 F
    10/25/18 Transfer of 1, 8-cell 3-day embryo = CP :'(
  • Options
    @Bababatty ((hugs)) I can't imagine the frustration you're feeling right now.  I hope the additional testing and other doctor's perspectives help bring clarity to these recurrent issues.  Love and strength to you and your partner.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Bababatty said:
    @mrsjcrane I’m so sorry for your loss.  <3<3 Welcome back and FX for success.

@ChristenMA83 Good luck with your hysteroscopy!

@emmasemm I am so sorry to hear about your very frustrating saga to ER! How did your embie do?

@GoldenKeys Welcome back!

*TW* BFP and losses mentioned
    I do not have good news. Again. My initial beta was very good (121) but then only increased by 27% and subsequently 26%. My RE has given this a 0.1% chance of success and has put his money on either yet another CP or, to change it up, an ectopic. I have an u/s and bloodwork tomorrow to rule out the ectopic. In the meantime, I’m staring at the bottle of wine in my fridge with a great deal of longing because I have to continue acting as if this is a viable pregnancy. I even got nervous power walking in the airport on Friday night, which was stupid. You can’t kill something that’s probably not there anymore. The best outcome would be ectopic, apparently, because a third CP in a row suggests a larger, as yet undiagnosed problem. There has to be some irony in that.

It’s never good when your RE starts to get nervous about your chances of conceiving a viable pregnancy. We have a very clear MFI diagnosis, but it may be that my body didn’t want to miss out on the fun. We’ll be thawing and PGS testing the remaining embryos, I’ll be doing a hysteroscopy, and then our RE will be bringing our case to the entire group of doctors in the practice to get their thoughts. Again, in a perverse reversal, the best outcome would be for all of our remaining embryos to be abnormal because it could indicate the entire batch were duds and the we’ll just do another IVF round. If they’re all normal, then we’re all worried about why my body has become a not so lean but definitely mean, embryo killing machine.

And once that’s all done, our grand plan right now is another ET in August. 2 embryos this time because we’re done messing around.
    so sorry
  • Options
    @goldenkeys welcome back

@mrsjcrane sorry to hear of your MC. To your question, yes meds such as clomid, letrozole, Femara and the injectibles can and do affect temps, but also CM and OPKs. That’s why it’s good to be monitored on them. And if you triggered with HCG that also affects those things too.

@christenma83 good luck tomorrow! I would say it’s fine, they should monitor your fluid levels well whilst they do the Hysteroscopy and it’s normally a very short procedure and time you’re under. Some also do that under twilight.

@bababatty I’m so so sorry and can’t believe you’re in this position again. I think testing your embryos is a great idea. But didn’t all your RPL testing earlier this year come back ok? Is there more they can do that wasn’t done then?

AFM well our embryo was frozen, but at only 30 hours which is a bit short of the three days and it was only six cells. But at least it was frozen before the embryologist was taken ill. 
    Now im waiting for AF hopefully tomorrow so we can do next baseline Wednesday- and then depending on my follicle count and FSH and E2 the RE will either say start stims on Wednesday night or will suggest to skip the cycle.

Beauty product? Oh gosh, that’s a tough one for me. Maybe the Clinique range. I’ve used them and only them for facial products for more than 20 years... looks pricy at first but it lasts forever.

Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @GoldenKeys - welcome back! :)

@mrsjcrane - I'm so sorry about the MC. I'm going to keep my FX that you don't need to move on to IVF.

@ChristenMA83 - good luck with the hysteroscopy! I wasn't put under for mine, and it was pretty uncomfortable.

@Bababatty - I'm so sorry. :( Ugh.

Really hoping you've just had bad luck up to this point. Do you have three embryos left? When will you get the results?

I can relate a little bit. We're planning to PGS test after this next round of IVF, if we get any embryos, and I'm sort of hoping that we get some answers re: why we've had the failed transfers. I mean, no part of me wants to have abnormal embryos, but part of me just wants some insight into whether or not it's my body or the embryos. (I definitely want at least one normal embryo though. Maybe two, if I'm greedy. But at least one normal embryo is what I'm praying for.)

That said, you know, I've seen women go through multiple rounds and have drastically different results each round. Like they'll do one round, all abnormals. Another round, only one normal. And then a third round and a bunch of normals. So maybe there's not much insight to be had with any of this? 

@emmasemm - keeping FX for you for this next cycle! What a roller coaster the last one was!

QOTW: I'm not a huge beauty product person, but I switched shampoos in preparation for this next IVF cycle (after reading It Starts with the Egg), and I really do not like my new, phthalate-free shampoo. I cannot wait to get back to my old stuff! I love shampoos that work!

AFM: Not much is new here, still preparing for IVF round #2. TBH, most of our preparation is financial, but over the next couple of weeks I will have to re-do some test results. It's been 2 years since my initial testing with our RE, so some of my results are out of date.  :sweat:
  • Options
    How is everybody doing? I am okay. had hard time writing letter to our 5 babies in Heaven for therapy appt this week for homework she gave me last week.

QOTW:  Beauty product that actually lives up to its claims? Not really sure. Don't use makeup unless i am going out to eat or somewhere like church.
  • Options
    How is this cycle going @drewsdarlin? Do you feel like counselling is helping you with your journey?
    @Bababatty I'm so sorry this cycle isn't looking promising, hopefully at the least they can find some answers for you to help with the future.

• Options
    I am just waiting to see if AF shows up next week . So far I think this new therapist is helping. the other one i saw in 2016 didn't help. quit seeing her after 5 appts. she judged us for naming our babies when we didn't know gender and made fun of us for doing that and said it was wrong.