Chit Chat

June Randoms

2»

Re: June Randoms

• @holly321 Congrats!!! That’s wonderful news. So happy for you!
  • Thanks ladies! We are so excited.

@catlady2015, we close on 7/20, but everything is going so fast, I am hoping we can move it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • @holly321 - we close 7/16 on our house! Can't wait!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Can we talk about this for a second

I don't care how big it is,  i'm not putting this in a spoiler. Since when is Backstreet boys putting out new music????
  • *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • edited June 2018
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I was an nsync girl too! But I still love BSB, but not as much as if nsync went back on tour! I saw BSB in Vegas last year with my sister for my 30th bday.  :D

@galactickates Do you like the new song? You should watch the music video too. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Oh boy bands! BSB was a runner up for sure, but NSync took the cake. And, JT is still in my top list. A reunion would be pretty awesome. 
  • @galactickates I completely agree. The old music is way better. I miss dancing boy bands so much. Music nowadays is boring.

*TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland - I feel so old saying this but seriously... everything sounds the same right now.  It's so boring
  • @galactickates I jut heard the new Beyoncé/JayZ single everyone is losing their minds over and I was like “meh, sounds like all the other rap out right now.” Can someone give me some 90’s inspired rap please?!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Hi everyone. My favorite boy band was NKOTB. Saw them in concert last year.
  • I love cross stitch! I have a work in progress, a close up of birds on a cliff that came as a kit, and a pattern and most of the thread for a landscape. I crossstiched when I was in high school, and I've only recently started to get back into it. I was talking about it, so my H got me the kit and the pattern for the second one for Christmas. I'm thinking it will be fun to work on them over the summer.
  • Anyone have fun plans this week?
  • @wishiwaspreggo That is some amazingly terrifying cross stitch. Love it!
  • Thanks, @darkstar42 :) that's the idea! I hate that orange fucker so much. All my rage that's been building since November of 2016 is stitched into it. I'm trying to decide if I want to sell the finished piece or hang on to it (I'm turning it into a pillow - would be fun to punch over and over again, yes?).
  • edited June 2018
    @wishiwaspreggo I vote for keeping it. It may actually make someone happy *shudder*  to have. Can I suggest a ritualistic burning when he's no longer in office? It would be sad to see all your hard work in flames but also may be strangely satisfying.....

DH is out of town tonight. Any good chick flicks (more rom com style) that I could watch on Hulu or Netflix while he's away? I'm all caught up on everything else and feel like a movie night.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I'm with @prpl11butterfly on the ritualistic burning idea!
  • @prpl11butterfly - the finished product will have the idiotic and asinine things he frequently says surrounding his face (Fake News, Covfefe, Her E-mails, etc.) so hopefully anyone would see it would understand it's absolutely meant to mock him :D but I have put a ton of work into it... and it's really freaking funny. But at the same time I have the pattern so I could make it again. I was contemplating selling it and donating the proceeds to the ACLU. It's hard to narrow down who I want to support right now but I think the ACLU needs it.
  • Ah, okay. Selling it and donating the proceeds is a good option.
  • How was everyone's weekend?
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited June 2018

Does anyone order wine online?  I am not a big wine drinker, and want to try different types.  Any recommendations? Either sites or typrt to try?
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited June 2018
    @holly321 I use Winc. The service was better before they were bought out as club w but they carry a lot of the same wines. If you want a referral code or whatever discount they have going on PM me your email address.

The bottles start at $13 and they are generally pretty good. I haven’t taken advantage of it but they say you can return any bottle you don’t like for a refund.

ETA: I have 3 free bottle promo’s if you want one.
  • @meggyme, thanks for the offer, I Amy take you up on it.  Do you have to join the club?  I am terrible about cabccancel subscriptions like that. I was talking to my hairdresser today, she does wine parties, so I may do that.
    My aunt owns a bar/liquor store, so I guess I could use that to my advantage.  It is out of my way, but anytime I have gone, and she was there, I did get my wine for free.....
  • @holly321 I think you do have to sign up and then cancel.
  • @holly321 I haven't done it myself, but a friend ordered wine from blue apron. They send boxes with bottles of wine every so often. We do order meals through blue apron, and i like that even though you have to sign up, you can easily skip and postpone deliveries through their app or website. So you don't really have to worry about canceling a whole subscription. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4