February 2019 Moms

How long were you TTC?

I hope this is ok to ask. 

Im just curious how everyone’s ttc journey went. I will say my first two were very quick conceptions. This time however we started actively TTC in April of 2017, (trigger warning) got a bfp after our Boston vacation in late November but miscarried in early December. In March I was feeling defeated since all my blood work and my husbands semen analysis had come back perfect. I started Clomid 50 mg in April even though I ovulate on my own. I took Clomid in May as well even though my husband was at military training most of the month. I had four large follicles on ultrasound before ovulation.  We were only able to dtd ONE time due to him being gone. I could not believe my eyes on May 24 when I got a bfp. 

Re: How long were you TTC?

• With both my DD’s we tried 2 months before we got pregnant. With this pregnancy we decided to “pull the goalie” (take the IUD out) and not try but not avoid and we were pregnant a week later. I’m still in shock. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Oh wow!!! That’s great!
  • Loading the player...
  • @KristoKekerooni wow, that’s quite the journey, I have everything crossed for you. Our daughter took three years, two losses and IVF to conceive 
  • My 1st we tried for over 18 months and had just started seeing an RE when I got my BFP (conceived the same cycle as my HSG).  

With my 2nd, it was quick and unexpected (got pregnant when DS was about 10 months)

For this pregnancy, it was about 6 months.  IUD was removed in December and BFP came on June 8.   

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• First one, I was 20 and got pregnant while I was on BC and antibiotics.. because apparently that really is a thing.

Second one, not trying/not preventing but got BFP the first cycle off of BC.

Number three (now), I had my Mirena removed in March and got BFP pretty quickly before having a real cycle, but *TW* had an early loss at the end of April. Got another BFP 4 weeks later again without an actual period. It’s been an anxious run this time around.
  • With DS, we tried for close to a year.  We had just started some fertility testing when I got my BFP. 

We started trying when DS turned 6m (I had already started my cycle and was still BFing).  My cycles were still irregular but was temping.  The cycle we got KU, I actually hadn't been temping.  It was about 5m of active trying.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• We DD it took us a year and a half and *tw* two losses

With this one we just decided to start trying and got a BFP right away. I’m still in disbelief and worried this may not stick since it happened so fast. 
  • With my son I didn't even have a full cycle after stopping the pill. I stopped midway through the pack and poof, there was DS.

With this one I got off bc in January. We weren't really trying (tracking my cycle) until April - LMP was May 4th
  • I stopped BC in February, avoided by others means in March because a December due date would have been a bit problematic (turns out a Feb due date is cutting it really close...  :#) and then got our BFP with the second cycle of trying.

I never thought it would happen so fast but I could just feel it in the week before I tested. I feel so incredibly fortunate. 
  • My first we tried for about 4 months. 

My second we tried for a couple of months before deciding to stop because of some stuff going on in our life and then found out we were pregnant, of course.

This one we never went on BC or tried to prevent after we had our 2nd. It took almost a year, although some of that time was due to breastfeeding (no cycle) and my husbands work schedule.

• I was on BC until January, when I had to get off of it because I got literally all the side effects (except for blood clots) and was absolutely miserable. We used other BC methods until April, when we stopped trying to prevent it (but we knew the timing was off because I had been gone for most of the month.) Then we got the BFP early June. I’m still kind of shocked at how quickly it happened, honestly.
  • For my DD it took us 10 cycles of trying before I got my bfp. 

This time it was 3 cycles. 

TW
    The 3 cycles were post loss from earlier this year. 

• A year and a half. I got pregnant the cycle after HSG and starting acupuncture and herbs.

• With DD it took 2 cycles ( I have 28 day cycles always) 

TW* we got pregnant first month trying in November but miscarried in February. 

This little bean took 2 cycles just like DD 

i will be forever grateful and never take for granted that we have conceived fairly easily. 
  • With our first we got pregnant on the first try. 

Second, IUD came out In November and we just weren’t preventing but my husband was transferring jobs at the time so we were hardly together. Got pregnant when we were together permanently again and really started trying in February but *TW* had an early loss and then a wonky cycle after it and then got pregnant again the next cycle and here we are. 
  • DS took 7m

DD took 18m, 4 IUI/injectables and *TW* 2 MC

this pregnancy took 2 months. Still in shock!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie - (twJZ)

• DD took one cycle of “let’s see what happens” and this current tadpole was about 2 months of the same method. Have felt really fortunate to have gotten BFP so easily. 
  • I am 32 yrs old & happily 6w3d with my 1st pregnancy (my little sweet pea) - My husband & I are very blessed to have gotten pregnant on the 1st month we tried. I have been tracking my cycles for 4 years since I decided to stop taking the pill & switched to condoms exclusively. We decided just to have “free love” whenever it felt right. Turned out to everyday or every-other day (Yeahh no condoms!) 
  • We never really “tried” with DD or DS. I tried temping before DD because I was convinced with my hypothyroidism that I’d have trouble conceiving. I had a hard time getting it to read accurately. I tried OPKs and I never really got a solid positive. I just tracked my periods after that. I’m a “like clockwork” person, so all of that concern was really for naught. It took two months of not preventing for both DD and DS to be conceived and we were still preventing for this one. 

@kayjay44 my 4yo has been asking for a baby sister for the past 6 months. I’ve been side eyeing her, too. :D
  • It took 4 cycles to conceive my DS. 

TW I got pregnant on our 4th cycle this time as well but it ended in a early loss. Same the next cycle. Then nothing for several months and this was our last month trying naturally before resorting to using a frozen embry (I went through fertility preservation due to some other health issues) end TW

All told it took us around 10 months this time
  • etnyahetnyah member
    We tried since our surprise in January that ended in a CP. We had a few months of really bad timing due to all sorts of stupid reasons, but finally got it right last month! Hopefully this LO will stick.
  • We’ve been very fortunate and conceived in two cycles with our daughter and one cycle with this pregnancy. I’m 36 and while my doctor assured me that fertility doesn’t typically start declining noticeably until 40, it’s always something i worry about a little. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For my first pregnancy it took us 6 months. We thought that it might take a little while when we decided to try for number 2, but we were very lucky and it happened first try. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"