Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in w/o June 11th

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

Happy Monday everyone!  @sarcasticowl I added you to the bottom of the list but I think someone else might have joined us last week.  Please let me know if I missed you…sorry :(

• How is everyone feeling this week?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY:  Father’s Day weekend is approaching are you doing anything for your SO or traditions you plan on starting?  @buisnesswife used to ask a GTKY question each week which I thought was really fun so I’m shamelessly stealing her idea :)
  • As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!
If you're just joining us please post a: 
  • Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
  • Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have

Please let me know if you need to be added to the list below:
@Hopeful_mom Congratulations Mama!  Beautiful Shayla Adriana arrived on June 1st!
@Aera11 Congratulations Mama!  Beautiful Aisleigh Eleanor arrived on June 2nd! 
@FuzzyDust EDD 6/8 with a little boy
@loverin EDD 6/14 with a little boy
@TravelingCouple EDD 6/19 with a little girl
@coco305 EDD 7/14 Team Green
@jr102217 EDD 7/15 Team Green
@cseley321 EDD 7/22 with a little girl
@safire3 EDD 7/23 with a little boy
@Irisheyes81 EDD 8/4 with a little girl
@2MomsHoping EDD 8/12 Team Green
@laurad75 EDD 8/20 with a little boy
@sarcasticowl EDD 8/23 with a little girl
Me:38 DW:33 
TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
 * June IUI#2 - BFN
 * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
 * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
 * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
 * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
 * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
 * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
2018 DD born 8/20/18
2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
  * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in w/o June 11th

• @jr102217 sorry about your carpel tunnel! My hips are completely numb at this point when I wake up and I switch sides every hour overnight so I hear you on can't wait to sleep on back!!

• How is everyone feeling this week? Just anxious about when this little lady is making her appearance!! I've had symptoms off and on for a while now. I'mI have diarrhea, cramps, achy feeling and be convinced that day is the day, but then nothing the next day! She's keeping me on my toes. 39 weeks tomorrow!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Friday is my next scheduled appt, curious if I'll make it to Friday!
    • GTKY:  Father’s Day weekend is approaching are you doing anything for your SO or traditions you plan on starting? Father's/mother's day isn't a huge deal in our house but we try to do something small for each other until the kiddos are big enough to celebrate us themselves! Considering my due date is next Tues, no big plans this year.. Sorry DH! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • @2MomsHoping Thanks for starting the thread!!! I need to know your answers. How are you? 

@jr102217 The prenatal massage sounds amazing.  Did you get a referral or just google a good place for that? Weekly dr. appointments means you are SO CLOSE. Aren’t hand me downs the best? We are using a changing table from our friends and I love that it’s had so much use.

AFM 32 weeks 2 days! 

I'm feeling good! I really struggle sleeping so I'm tired and hot but the kicks and movement are a lot more fun now.  I'm disappointed in myself for not being more active on the boards! 

I have acupuncture this week and the OB next week.  At my appointment last week, they told me they want to induce early.  Like 38 or 39 weeks.  They said because of my age and the IVF, they think it's best.  Plus, I had a little protein and glucose in my urine at the appointment. It was trace levels but I have swelling so that is two of the pre e indicators.  It was a different doctor than mine (they like you to meet the whole practice) and I think she gave me a lot more information than I needed.  I don't think my doctor would have even told me about the protein if he didn't plan to do something about it.  Most pregnant women have some protein if they aren't drinking enough water.  So, she said I am supposed to be drinking no less than 2 liters of water per day.  The baby is still head down and she was measuring big at the last US so they don't think she really has enough room to flip.  Rarely, babies can flip at 36 weeks (or even later sometimes!) but for the most part if she is around 4-4.5 lbs, she will stay head down.  

My husband painted the nursery so I just need to set up the furniture.  My baby shower is on 6/23 so hopefully I can complete the nursery that she won't sleep in for months haha.  

I feel like IVF dads deserve to celebrate Father's Day so I got my husband a tie. I am going to get him a tie for every Father's Day.  I felt like an adult buying a Father's Day gift for my husband.  I will celebrate my dad with dinner and I'll get him a gift too. 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

• Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• I’m 31w1d today. 

• How is everyone feeling this week? I’m ok.  I’ve been feeling low energy for the past couple days but I’ve also being doing a lot so I’m not sure I may have just being overdoing it a bit. Today it was so dreary on the way to work I actually had to stop and get some coffee because I was worried about falling asleep at the wheel.  I have to admit loosening my caffeine rule has been the highlight of my day.    
    • Any upcoming appointments? None for this week, but we are leaving on Thursday to go to Vegas for a little babymoon.  I’m beyond excited.  DW and I do spend time together but mostly it has been out with other people, family or while trying to get things in order for the baby.  It has been SO SO SO long since we have had quality/leisure time together and I can’t wait to hang out with my favorite person for a little bit with no responsibilities, who knows when we might be able to get away again.   
    • GTKY:  Father’s Day weekend is approaching are you doing anything for your SO or traditions you plan on starting?  We usually take my dad out to dinner, and then for DW’s dad we usually take him to the movies, but this year we are ditching town so we celebrated already with each of them early.  For starting traditions I may take father’s day as my mothers day so LO still can celebrate it and not feel left out without a daddy, but then again we just might make that day all about the grandpa’s. 
    • I totally feel for everyone on the IL front and I’m joining the IL rant train in spoiler because I just really really need to vent and its long…
    My MIL has also lost her ever loving mind.  She received her invite for the baby shower in the mail and called DW in a manipulative crying fit about how she was not “represented as a grandmother” on the invitation but my mom is, how DW is too busy for her and how now it’s all about me and the baby, and how all her babies leave her and don’t spend time with her anymore.  This is all insane.  DW was a surprise baby and is in her 30s, her siblings are in their early 50s/late 40s they should have their own lives.  Also DW calls my MIL usually every other day to check in with her and we usually see her around once a week for a quick visit to help with something or dinner to catch up which I think is pretty freaking attentive.

The baby shower is honoring the new baby, me and DW not either of the grandmothers.  My mom is listed as a contact for RSVPs because she is hosting the partying.  We have tried (and failed) to involved my MIL in the hosting of the party but when my parents have driven 3.5hrs to come to our place for two different full weekends (which by the way were both cleared with MIL who said she would be available) to do the planning/crafting she could not make the 15minute drive over because she was tired, or had to go to church, or her classic, “let’s play it by ear” and then just never shows up or return phone calls.  She even straight out said she didn’t know if she would be able to make it to the shower so we eventually just gave up.  So now all of a sudden she is sooooo hurt, and sooo left out?  As a result of “us not including her” she is just going to go ahead and go to leave as soon as possible to stay at their house in Mexico for the summer and she will not be back until January when they have to file their taxes.  You know what I say OH PHULEZ, good riddance.  She has pulled this song and dance so many times before.  She pulled the same crap for our wedding.

Thank goodness DW recognizes this as pure and simple manipulation and knows her mom has some issues.  Even with that knowledge though having your mom basically say I don’t want to be there for you, meet your baby when it’s born or even care to be around for the first Christmas can’t help but make DW feel hurt.  Normally I just try to support and let these things run their course but I am so angry at her.  How dare she upset DW, and how dare she think she can just manipulate her way in and out of this baby’s life.  Not on my watch.  We stopped by on Sunday (like usual, even though we are so absent and horrible) and she was giving DW the cold shoulder.  I just couldn’t help myself.  I said, “Oh, DW mentioned you wouldn’t be able to make the shower, that’s too bad should I tell my mom or did you already give her a call?  I know she’s trying to get the final count for the catering list.”  It was scary I was like a total psychopath no emotion to it whatsoever.  She was so taken aback I’ve always been pretty empathetic and indulged her hissy fits, talking her down and stroking her ego, but I drew my line in the sand.  I wanted to make it clear that I wasn’t falling for her crap.

All of a sudden she starts back peddling about how their health isn’t well and she’s not sure about the long flight so maybe they will be there if the lord doesn’t take them from the earth first….blah blah blah.  I just said "Ok, well let me know when you know for sure." Then DW ushered me out of there before I really started sparing with her.  Mark my words a few weeks before the baby is born she will be telling everyone that she feels her “Cancer has come back.”  She will refuse to go to the doctor because she just wants a few good months with her family and have all the attention come back to her instead of on DW, me, and the baby.  I know her game and I’m in no mood for this kind of nonsense.
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping ugh!!! :angry: how infuriating!!! I really hope someday I'm not a witch of a MIL. I feel like most of them are off their rocker
  • @jr102217 I say delegate all the thankyou writing to DH totally and save yourself the trouble, lol! Or maybe you can negotiate weekly massages to loosen up the wrists!  I hope everything goes ok at the OB tomorrow I know you’re stressed about it so make sure you get them to talk you through everything if things are still a bit out of range so you aren't stressing for another week.  In my birthing class they talked about this informed decision making tool which I really liked that might be helpful if you need to make choices or to just feel better about what might be going on. Basically it says use your “BRAIN”

• B – What are the benefits of this treatment/intervention?
    • R – What are the risks of the treatment, test, etc.
    • A – What are the alternatives?
    • I – What does YOUR gut say (she also gave a good tip that you are on the spot to make a decision a good way to buy yourself a few minutes is to say you need to pray on it.  Even if your not religious health care professionals will usually leave the room to offer a few minutes of privacy unless it’s a true emergency, where if you say you need to “think” about sometimes they will just stand there awkwardly at the side of the room.)
    • N – What would happen if I do nothing…or alternatively what if we wait another hour/day/week, etc.

Here’s a link to something that explains the tool a little better. https://ommama.com/2012/03/05/brain-an-acronym-for-informed-decision-making/https://

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @travelingcouple I know right, I think babies make MIL even more banana’s I really hope I’m not like that one day.  At least for now everyone else has been normal.  I’m so excited for you.  I can’t imagine how frustrating it is to be having labor symptoms and then they come and go but that has to mean you are getting really really close.  From what you are saying sounds like you won’t make it to that Friday appointment.  My doula says that for most women when it’s the big day the pain wakes you up between 12-4am in the middle of the night.  Something to do with melatonin switching things over from “practice labor” to “early real labor.”  I’m hoping we get to fawn of your little baby girls picture soon.  Finger crossed for you mama for a smooth delivery when the time is right! 

@irisheyes81 I love the kicks too!  I think LO had hiccups for the first time yesterday, and twice in one day.  It was the best!  Sounds like yours is getting in position for her big birthday.  I hope the pre-eclampsia symptoms stay mild for you but by 38/39 weeks you may be so over it that you’ll be happy to get an induction and who knows many babies decide to come on their own in that time too. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @TravelingCouple Yes, back sleeping is AMAZING. LOL Diarrhea is not fun but a good sign, right? It means your body is getting ready for you to get that baby moving! Good luck this week! 

@Irisheyes81 I ended up checking reviews online -- google, yelp, etc -- and found a reputable place that has a couple massage therapists who can do prenatal massages. I've made all my appointments so far with one person who has been wonderful (everyone on yelp raved about her). I'm sorry about the potential pre-eclampsia. What is the acupuncture for? Pain relief or something else? Ties are awesome! DH has a ton of ties and I didn't even think of trying to get him one for Father's day. He usually gets a few at Christmas and his birthday.

@2MomsHoping Yes, take it easy!! When I was about 28 weeks, I tried to do too much and ended up crying in a Walmart parking lot. LOL I'm sure you know your limits but I feel like we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to do so much. Glad you stopped for some coffee! And enjoy your time in Vegas! It sounds like you and DW need that break. OMG what an awful MiL experience. What drama! That's strong of you to fight back, for you, for DW, and your baby!
    I wish I could delegate the entire thank you note writing process to DH but I have my own system and it'll take just as much time for me to tell him what to do as it will for me to type it all. Plus, he honestly does everything in the house and sometimes I almost ask if there's something I can do to help, and then I remember I'm growing our baby so I sit down on the couch and relax. LOL Thank you so much for the BRAIN tool! This is helpful. 

• @loverin those are all early labor signs so hopefully things will move into active labor soon for you and the timing will work out with your company!! Every night I keep wondering if tonight is the night.
  • @loverin sounds like you won’t be waiting much longer at all!  Try to relax, take a bath, a walk, binge watch on Netflix anything to keep yourself calm and distracted so nature can take its course. Best wishes for an easy and safe delivery ❤️  Also that engraved watch sounds like the absolute sweetest gift ever. I now am inspired to research something sweet to get DW to surprise her on the baby birthday. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited June 2018

Hi Everyone, I'm joining here for the first week- @2MomsHoping if you could add me to the list I'm 28 weeks today! I am so happy to be here and on week 28.  I read that 90% of babies will be ok if they arrive between weeks 28-29 and so I've been looking forward to this milestone of viability. We are expecting (1) boy and EDD is September 5th. I have PCOS and insulin resistance.  I had about 2 years of hormal treatments and (2) 6 month bleeding episodes prior to doing IF treaments with clomid.  I have been on and off progesterone and bed rest throughout TTC and pregnancy and recently had cerclage surgery at 21 weeks. I have been on insulin and GD diet since week 12 or so.  I am currently feeling okay, but have been on 'home rest' since surgery so that means I can do a few things around the house but have to take it very easy.  I can go out for a meal here and there, but no shopping, walking around a lot or vigorous house cleaning like vacuuming or heavy cooking. I have been working at home since surgery as well. 

** I edited my post for length 

• How is everyone feeling this week? I am feeling okay, my hips are killing me like others!  We got a memory foam/gel mattress topper at costco this last weekend for our bed and it is a life saver.  I noticed our new day bed mattress from costco was more comfortable because it includes foam.  I am so happy that we go the mattress topper, my hips still hurt, but I am able to sleep the whole night in bed by my husband instead of having to go to the guest day bed in the other room every night at 2am. I am still waking up from about 3am- 6am every morning.  My husband is putting up black out panels on the back of our already black out curtains to see if that helps.  I am very sensitive to the sun coming up into our east facing windows every morning and I hope it helps. I'm just glad I can sleep part of the night at this point. : ) TMI-   The baby's head is sitting right on my bladder and so I've started leaking some urine here and there just sitting up and when I cough. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Had 2 week appointment with perinatal today. I was very nervous as always but it went very well!  It was at new location and they had valet parking.  Doctor was very happy we made it to 28 weeks and she thinks it is looking good for me to make it close to full term (knock on wood).  Then they surprised us with  3D ultrasound of our boy and a DVD video!  It was so cool to see his face and my husband and I loved it. We can show others now too!  His leg bone is measuring at 32 weeks a month ahead so they think he will be tall or at least long legs!  He is 3 lbs 1 oz and 84th percentile for size so not too big, but they are happy he is nice and large just in case he would be premature.  So got a bit more info on why everyone keeps saying he's big!

• Tomorrow we go to the hospital tour and I'm excited.  I have been through there before with a stay after issues earlier this year, but I think it will help me feel more prepared.  We also might do a 4 hour babycare basics class and a separate infant cpr class, if I am feeling up to it.  I would like to do the practice with the baby dolls about diaper changing and stuff, I think it will help my husband feel more comfortable with the new baby. My mom did a grandparents 101 class last night and liked it, I think we will take her with us to the infant cpr class as well. 

• GTKY:  Father’s Day weekend is approaching are you doing anything for your SO or traditions you plan on starting?  @buisnesswife used to ask a GTKY question each week which I thought was really fun so I’m shamelessly stealing her idea   My husband wants a new battery for his roomba so that is what he is going to get for himself.  I plan on letting him have the day to do whatever he wants.  The only thing is I want to do it with him so I dont get lonely.  My dad passed away about 5 years ago so I don't like being alone on fathers day.  So I don't think he'll go do anything with his dad because we are avoiding my IL right now.  He is going to send him a present and call him. Now he can also send him the 3D ultrasound as well and that should hold him over! haha like look- here is a grandson, that should be enough effort! haha

• As always feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive!    I had my second baby shower friends only brunch last weekend and it was so much fun.  It was very casual with about 10 friends, brunch at a restaurant and just a few presents.  Also finished the first round of thank you cards yesterday and feeling good about that! The weekend before I had my first and only more formal shower and it was perfectly nice and everything but due to IL drama I was very anxious about it for weeks and during so didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. @2MomsHoping your mother in law might be worse than mine and that's saying something!  Good for you for being so straighforward with her.  I am learning to curb the drama as well as my MIL and SIL are all about the attention, drama and manipulation as well.   The final baby 'lunch' is at another restaurant with my step family of my dad who passed away about 5 years ago.  I don't forsee it being that big of a deal.  On the 30th we are going out to dinner with some of my husbands friends who are giving us a bunch of hammy down clothes and baby gear.  So starting in July I am going to start organizing what to keep and return, washing and putting things away in the nursery and playroom.  

•  This week we also started thinking more seriously about names.  We have been calling the baby William and it is getting to the point it is sticking for good.  I heard the name Walden last week and really liked it so then I started having an existential crisis about what to name him! haha  I think what I worry about with William is the nickname Willie.  We like will but I don't like Willie at all.  I really like the nickname 'wally' and think it is super cute.  But I worry that Walden and wally are a little 'nerdy' which I like but some others may not.  I guess I want the kid to feel like he fits in and his name isn't challenging at all for any reason.  Well- turns out wally is a nickname for William as well!  I saw it on a nickname list online, so now we can call him William or Will and also Wally for a cutesy name while he is little if we want to.  I think my husband will probaby stick more to William or Will but I will need something with an 'eeee' sound when he is so cute and tiny!  So I am glad that things sorted out a bit and I'm still not 100% commiting as it isn't necessary, but we like being able to call him by name in my tummy.  Thinking back, my husband was the first one to call him William so I think that is why I like it so much.  :)<3
    @lablover78 your husband sounds kind of like mine...it was a learning curve for him but now he is getting the hang of taking care of me more and anticipating what I might need.  I have been more clear with him about asking for what I want. Even sometimes have to say we have to take a break or I need words of encouragement. This last weekend I was even able to notice when I was hangry and I needed a break from him because he was annoying me! I ate lunch and we took about and hour apart then continued our furniture project in peace. Haha 
  • good to see you again @lablover78 I agree with the pinch me syndrome I still can't believe I am here either.  I'll add you to the list.  What is your EDD?  I probably should be able to do the math with your 28+2 but my brain hurts. 

Your husband cracks me up.  I would probably cave and take him out to dinner because hey at this stage any date night is a worth getting in while you still can.  DW has been stressing over the possibility of throwing up during the labor, she has a phobia.  My all-day sickness throughout pregnancy has been rough on her but I'm always discrete.  I told her if I'm in labor don't expect me to turn on the music or run the shower so she can't hear it.  If I'm in labor she is on her own and will have to deal.  She will likely end up running away down the hallway.  Lord help me when the LO gets sick all the time.   

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Sorry @2MomsHoping! I would not be able to do the math. 9/1 with a baby boy :)
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @jr102217 you are almost there. Sorry about the carpal tunnel and the hip pain but it won’t be for much longer. I have the same hip problem and had to get an inflatble pillow to put of the floor that allows me to sleep on my belly. I spend half of the night on the floor every night now. I hope your ultrasound went well.

@TravelingCouple  you must be so impatient at this point so close to your due date. I hope you will be holding her in your arms before then!

@2MomsHoping have an awesome baby moon! Sorry for all the drama with your MIL. It’s ridiculous that people try to take away from such a joyous event just to get attention and make it about them instead.

@lablover78  Congrats on starting third tri! You DH sounds just about as infuriating as mine lol!

@hottietoddy  Congrats on hitting third tri! That 3D pic is so adorable! Looks like he is smiling.

- I’m feeling ok. Just really tired. Work offered me an extra day off this week so I’m home today trying to rest but at the same time I have a long list of things I want to get done. 

-Saw the OB this week but nothing new or important happened. Still no ones knows for sure if I should have a scheduled c-section or try labor. They say my placenta is 1.7cm away from the cervix and should be at least 2cm but sometimes they let people try for a vaginal delivery when it is so close. I’ll have another ultrasound in 2 weeks so it’s just a waiting game again.

-GTKY - like many here my DH didn’t acknowledge Mother’s Day. In fact he told me I’m not a mother yet, just an incubator for now (I’m used to his humor so I was not offended). Anyway our maternity shoot is Father’s Day so we will likely go out to breakfast afterwards (it’s at sunrise) and I did buy him a card. 

-No pics today but my baby shower was this past Saturday and it was a disaster. I don’t have much family or close friends here so we were basically planning it ourselves as a coed shower and a friend of my husband’s was helping with decor. Well I found a caterer online, met with the twice before the shower, had a tasting etc. They were doing all the food and a candy bar with a cake and a backdrop. My shower was scheduled to run from 2-5pm and they said multiple times they would get there at 12pm to start set up. Well they finally showed up at 4:30 pm. I still get so mad thinking about it. They kept lying and saying they were on their way and 15 or 20 mins away and we wasted so much time waiting for them and it threw everything else off. We had to finally send my husband’s siblings to Publix to buy some chicken wings, potato salad and veggie trays so people could eat something. I was almost in tears and didn’t want to come out to face anyone. Our guests were very understanding at least but it was horrible. When they finally showed up they still didn’t have all the food and sweets they were supposed to bring and they just decided on their own to refund us $500 out of the $1400 we had already paid them. We are in the process of getting a lawyer involved. 
  • sarcasticowlsarcasticowl member
    edited June 2018
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I'm one day away from 29 weeks and it's hard to feel anything with these numb fingers LOL. In all seriousness, I'm okay. Just very achy and heartburny. Almost feels like I have the flu because my joints all kind of moderately hurt. I'm convinced most of this is just from sitting at my desk during the day, since I took last Friday off and by Monday I felt like a million bucks. Now I'm back to feeling like a couple of dimes :) Don't know if I mentioned this but I passed my GD test last week by ONE POINT, so I'm trying to be a little more conscious of my sugar and carb intake.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Monday we have an ultrasound to check the status of the choroid plexus cyst. Hoping it's gone and hoping they might let us squeeze in a 3D photo or two. She has yet to take a share-worthy ultrasound photo  :s
    • GTKY:  Father’s Day weekend is approaching are you doing anything for your SO or traditions you plan on starting?  I got DH a weighted blanket because he has been talking about how much better he sleeps with our super heavy comforter and there is no way that thing is staying on our bed this summer. I also picked up a children's book called Ask Me about a father and daughter who take a walk together and ask each other questions and talk about what they see. I saw it mentioned on a website once and thought it might be a good Father's Day gift. DH sent me flowers for Mother's Day, which was really unexpected because I didn't consider myself a mom yet, but it was very sweet. Figured I could return the favor. He has so few opportunities to really connect with the idea of being a dad, unlike us who get to feel baby move all day every day.
  • omg @safire3 that is the worst! I don't meant to laugh, but I have an absurdist sense of humor and that is so absurd! I am laughing out loud at how horrible and stupid that company is! It sounds like you dealt with it pretty well and I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.  I can't believe you were only on the verge of tears and not crying!  I can't believe they didn't refund you more and I would get a lawyer too.  You could also report them to the BBB or even a local news station.  I had a wedding coordinator screw me over and a few months later she was on the news because she had been scamming people all over and she was put out of business!  Luckily it was early on and we got another one but lost a few hundred dollars in the process.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't like my formal baby shower very much at all either.  It was perfectly nice with food and all that, but my IL made me so nervous for weeks/months ahead and it took me 2 weeks just to calm down from it. We had a brunch last weekend and another lunch coming up- I highly recommend this method, just meeting at a restaurant, it is so much more chill and nice.  So if you need a do-over it is a great way to get it done without the stress!

I try and tell myself that baby showers are really a first world problem, meaning that some people don't even have the means for any sort of party or presents and don't even have any family and friends.  My mom was very isolated in a new city when she had us and she never had any baby showers or a lot of help so I try and think about that and how she still made it through.  I know this is dramatic, but I also think about 3rd world countries and refugees who barely have what they need to take care of a baby and somehow they still reproduce.  I tell myself this when I get overwhelmed and stressed about all the baby stuff, parties, shopping, returns, family drama, ect. 

ps- I have already made a vow to myself that I will never have another formal shower again in my life.  If we have another baby at some point, I am just doing no shower or the restaurant thing again.  I've hosted 1 wedding shower and 1 baby shower in my life and I didnt mind that too much, but it is expensive.  I don't mind going to them, but for some reason I really hate people having them for me! I think it is the center of attention thing and then having to invite everyone in my life to be in the same room together, it stresses me out.  I'm so glad I didn't have one big formal shower this time- we broke it down into 3 groups of family and friends and that at least helped a ton!
  • @hottietoddy yay welcome to 3rd trimester I’ll definitely add you to the list it’s a huge milestone for sure.  I’m glad to hear you and baby are doing well and the home rest has been tolerable for you.  We have a memory foam topper from Costco too.  I haven’t been having as much of the hip pain as others I wonder if the topper has been saving me though I kinda sink so I feel like it’s so hard to roll over now.  I guess I’ll take that over hip pain any day.  I really like the name William it’s a classic.  Wally is cute!  Actually our current top boy name choice is Walter (Wally or Walt for short).  Though whenever I mention it people visibility recoil L At this point I really don’t care much, people have a lot of opinions on names and it’s impossible to please the masses and we have a few others that are still in the running to work with if it’s a boy.  Your ultrasound is so precious I love the little expression on his face it looks like he is about to giggle. 

@safire3 the placenta still might move a bit more in a couple week.  If the docs on on the fence maybe you can nudge them one way or the other with whatever your preference is.  I’m so sorry for what happened with the catering at your shower.  How embarrassing, stressful, and infuriating on a day where you should be just celebrated.  Then the audacity of them to offer you $500 as a refund.  Pitiful.  What a stress to get a lawyer involved but I would do the same thing…oh and roast them on any yelp/review site I could find them on.

@sarcasticowl Yay to passing the GD test!  My LO also seems to not like taking pictures on the ultrasound.  I have one very grainy profile picture, the baby always seem to turn away and squirm for the machine.  I joke that it has inherited my gene for being camera shy. 

@travelingcouple I’m sorry your still playing the waiting game.  I always say pregnancy has been flying by but I imagine that 2 weeks before the due date things will slow to an epic crawl.  Hang in there is there anything you can do to try and distract yourself.  Maybe plan a mid-week date night and go to the movies or anything to help pass the time?  I imagine it is so frustrating to have so many friends who have their babies and you are still counting down.  Soon it will be soon!

@laurad75 welcome back!  You look like your glowing and have the most adorable bump!!!  I would die being out there in 95 degree heat and sun kudos to your DH for his race and to you for surviving that heat!

Thanks to everyone for the sympathy on the MIL front.  We saw her again last night and we are still getting the cold shoulder.  My BIL was in from out of town and it was his last night here so we all went out to dinner together.  I happened to end up sitting next to my MIL.  The little she talked to me was to tell me about how she was up all night from stress and I told her about how reducing caffeine has helped my insomnia and how it doesn’t hurt to give it a try, my lack of indulgence was read loud and clear and she stopped searching for sympathy from me.  I’m definitely back to being in my good place with all of it.  DW is no longer upset so I’m no longer upset.  MIL makes her own misery and that isn’t part of our life as long as that line stays firm I happy to keep things at least polite.

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @safire3 I hope you litter the internet with horrible reviews for these people (after they settle with your attorney so they can't use it against you). That is ABSOLUTELY absurd and I would have been livid and not able to enjoy myself at all. I'm so sorry! Maybe someday it'll make a good story for your LO, but I'd still be really salty about it for years probably.
  • @2MomsHoping how funny I got a few recoils at Walden and Wally as well... Then what's even worse is the same people came back a week later and said it had grown on them and now they like it!  I like Walter and Walt too- those are adorable!  It might be that it is the kind of name that grows on people.  
  • @laurad75 you look gorgeous and glowing! That was a perfect pic opportunity. I hope the move is smooth and not stressful for you.

@hottietoddy I definitely know how lucky I am to have had a shower at all and actually I would not have minded not having one. Just would have never thought that if we did have one it would turn out like this. It’s just disappointing but what’s done is done and I have no intention of having one ever again if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again in future. 

@2MomsHoping and @sarcasticowl I already gave them a bad review on yelp which is the only place they have reviews. Don’t want anyone to make the same mistake I did and have their event ruined also. 
  • @loverin It's so hard not to compare experiences but in less than a week you will have moved on to a whole different experience.  So excited for you.  Enjoy these last few days of having him with you all the time.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• cseley321cseley321 member
    edited June 2018
    @loverin I was a week and half late on my first IVF baby, so I know your struggle! The last few weeks of pregnancy is TOUGH and 10x moreso after you pass your due date, but when she finally arrived she was perfect in every way, super healthy, good weight and height, etc. In hindsight I wouldn't change a thing! Also all of the negativity for me started fading after the baby got here. You will be so grateful to have kids around the same age and none of this will matter.

FWIW, all of the dilation and effaced talk really doesn't amount to much, when that baby is ready, it will come. Don't get too caught up in it!
  • @loverin you are so close to holding your precious baby!!! 
  • @safire3 what an awful caterer experience! =/ Glad you're sharing your review so that others don't go through that either. 

@laurad75 adorable bump picture!

@loverin I feel you on enjoying pregnancy because of IF. It's a different mindset when you've struggled for so long and you see others just being flippant about it. When a close girlfriend easily got pregnant last year with her second child, while of course I was crying several times a month, it was hard to know that she didn't care for the pregnancy process. (She said she didn't enjoy being pregnant but loves being a mom.) And I totally feel you on being upset about getting induced. It's exciting that you'll have your baby boy next week!

@2MomsHoping Apparently I needed the BRAIN tool at my OB follow-up! I tried to remember what the acronym stood for but at the moment, I only remembered about half of it...

AFM, so my OB on Tuesday said I should be induced at 39w! My ultrasound appointment went well (DH came with me this time and the sonographer was a different one and she printed out a bunch of pictures for us!) but while my amniotic fluid level is still over the normal range, it did go down from 30 last week to 29 on Tues. At least it didn't increase. After the u/s appointment, DH went home. I don't ever ask him to come to my OB appointments since the wait can be long and I don't see the need for him to be there, but I wish he had stayed. Because of my gestational diabetes, my OB recommended that I be induced. I was shocked and surprised because for some reason, I didn't think I would need to be induced. The sonographer last week mentioned that possibility, but for the life of me, I just didn't consider gestational diabetes as a medical reason to be induced. Of course, after asking around, it looks like many OBs recommend induction at 39w. That said, I asked the OB why this was recommended and the risks and the process (you're putting what in where?!), etc etc etc. I'm still wrapping my head around the idea. I emailed our childbirth class instructor for more resources on this topic and while she did share an article about it not being medically necessary, I sorta feel better having a specific date, not just my due date, but an actual date I'm being admitted to the hospital. That said, I'm also nervous about medical intervention and the induction procedures (DH was like, then why did you pick giving birth at this specific hospital!? LOL) so I'm hoping we can do all sorts of things the week or so before to help move things along before the induction date. My OB actually completes her fellowship program this week so I'll be seeing other doctors or their NP for the next few weeks. I'm okay with that because I did already see at least one other doctor and the NP each twice now, and so I'm planning to ask the NP a list of questions at next Tuesday's appointment. Like, is it painful to have a foley bulb?! We share see! Sunday, July 8th, here we come!
  • @2MomsHoping Thank you! You're right, even just acknowledging those feelings helped even if they are ugly! And I know once he's here it won't matter :smile:

@cseley321 Up until now I have been really excited to be going through this with someone else for that reason! Both having little boys that can grow up together and her and I are really good friends so it's been really special to have someone who knows exactly where you're at! This is the first time I really resented being so close and I know that once he is here it will fade. There's just something about that date passing that does some crazy things in your mind but I feel a lot better about it now! Glad to know I'm not the only one who struggled but it's nice to hear you wouldn't change a thing! I'm sure i'll feel the same way. :smile:

@TravelingCouple We both are! :heart: eek! 
    Me & DH: 28  |  TTC since May 2016  |  DH: Morphology 0%  |  2 IUI's with Clomid - BFN  |  IVF ICSI Sept. 2017
  • I had a super boring appt today, I think I was there a total of 10 mins ha. Baby is measuring well and internal shows 80% effaced and still 2cm so not much there, but I know it can all change on a dime. I was so sure she'd be early but now I'm thinking this little lady will be late! She seems cozy despite all the early labor symptoms I've had for weeks. It's throwing me off bc DS was 1 week early! But I know every pregnancy is unique and she is her own person and will come when she's ready. My next appt is Tuesday so we'll see what the weekend brings!
  • @jr102217 I was induced with a Foley balloon. I went in after dinner, they inserted the balloon, and I slept there with it in. It helped dialate me and for some can help trigger labor to start. I had other issues (baby's head was too big for my pelvis), so it didn't trigger mine. That said, I found it painless. The cervix checks were worse. Haha.
  • @loverin when my due date passed, I can't even express how miserable it made me, so I completely understand! I went from being laid back to trying alllllllll the tricks (safe ones anyway... no castor oil!!). Nothing worked. I did finally go into labor after I was bouncing on my excercise ball, but tbh I just feel like the baby just comes when it's ready