Pregnant after 35

Giving birth after 40.

I'm now 30 weeks and measure 33cm.  The weeks are passing so quickly.  I can't believe I'll see my little one so soon!

Re: Giving birth after 40.

• I was nervous due to being 41.  I'll be 42 years young by the time he's here.  So far he's healthy.  I'm nervous about the birthing process since this is my first little miracle.
  • mindaamindaa member
    Congrats, it's going to fly by! 

I don't​ know a mom who isn't nervous about childbirth, regardless of her age or how many times she's been already been through it. Every birth is different.
    Have you taken a class and tour at the hospital? Talk to your OB about what to expect and review your birth plan with whoever will be in the delivery room with you. 
    Even though things don't always go as planned and nothing can fully eliminate the nerves, it helps a little to feel informed.
    I did the Hypnobabies program and no way did it give me an easy, pain free labor, but it absolutely gave me more confidence.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to be 40 this time. I don't think age has much to do with how labor goes.  Being mentally prepared and well versed in your options,  especially the been medication ones,  can be pretty helpful. Anxiety makes labor much worse. 
  • Hi! I’m 41 and pregnant with my second (surprise!) after years of IF and assuming we would not be able to have children. 

I am nervouly awaiting my first trimester screening soon and hoping for good results so I can relax a bit. 
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I’m 43 and expecting my third. The oldest is 19
    and youngest is 15. I conceived naturally after 6 months of trying and going off the pill. 
    My man is 12 Years my junior and he has an 11 year old daughter. We are very excited. 
  • Yay! Must be excited, isn't it? I know waiting is worst of all pains. But, this time is going to fly soon. I am so excited for you. I am pretty nervous too. I can relate to your feelings. I conceived for the first time when I was 39. Sadly, it resulted in a miscarriage. Luckily, my husband was always there to support me. He stands by my side through my thick and thin. I'm conceiving again. It is my 15th week. I am worried about my birth process. It is going to be my first miracle. Fingers crossed.