Pregnant after 35

Giving birth after 40.

I'm now 30 weeks and measure 33cm.  The weeks are passing so quickly.  I can't believe I'll see my little one so soon!

Re: Giving birth after 40.

• I was nervous due to being 41.  I'll be 42 years young by the time he's here.  So far he's healthy.  I'm nervous about the birthing process since this is my first little miracle.
  • mindaamindaa member
    Long-Lasting Membership 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    Congrats, it's going to fly by! 

I don't​ know a mom who isn't nervous about childbirth, regardless of her age or how many times she's been already been through it. Every birth is different.
    Have you taken a class and tour at the hospital? Talk to your OB about what to expect and review your birth plan with whoever will be in the delivery room with you. 
    Even though things don't always go as planned and nothing can fully eliminate the nerves, it helps a little to feel informed.
    I did the Hypnobabies program and no way did it give me an easy, pain free labor, but it absolutely gave me more confidence.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

ishmoney
  •     
  • I'm going to be 40 this time. I don't think age has much to do with how labor goes.  Being mentally prepared and well versed in your options,  especially the been medication ones,  can be pretty helpful. Anxiety makes labor much worse.