TTC after 35
Options

Re-intro and TW (child mentioned)

since we are officially TTC again I thought I’d reintroduce myself. 

After 16 months of TTC at 35-36yrs old we got pregnant on our first try at IVF and had our son in December. The RE basically told us we’d have to do IVF to get pregnant again (we had zero embryos make it to freeze), but we can’t afford it, so we are hoping that having the baby “reset” my fertility so we can have another baby before I’m 40 (I just turned 38). 

I’m still waiting for my period to return, but I know you can ovulate before then, so we’ve upped our TTC game until I can start tracking O again. 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Re-intro and TW (child mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome back! And happy belated birthday. I hope your stay is short, but I also think you are young and have time. :-)
  • Options
    I’m so so happy to see you my friend! You were like the first person I met on here! Although I kind of feel like I flunked a couple grades since I’m still where I was a couple years ago lol! I agree, you’re young and maybe you had a reset!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited June 2018
    @PoeMasque Congrats on the birth of your son! FX IVF reset your fertility!!
    We did our first round of IVF in Dec, MFI ,  and are FINALLY doing our transfer this up coming cycle after a surgery in Jan to remove a septate uterus, then being benched for a few months THEN canceled cycle we're finally getting things moving for our FET in the next week :)
    Hoping your stay here is short!
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @PoeMasque nice to meet you. Teenager me can't believe that 35 year old me is hoping for her period to return soon and wishing it on internet strangers as well.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I’m really glad this board is still going, it was really great to feel like other women out there knew how I felt and it was great to be able to cheer everyone on. 

@Momifbysea I’m so glad to see a familiar name :) don’t feel like a failure! We were one embryo away from having no kiddo at all, I honestly feel like so much of IVF is less science and more luck. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque congratulations on the birth of your son!!! Hopefully this will reset things. Welcome back!! I tried 6 iui cycles with no luck my husband and I don't have coverage for ivf so we decided to stop treatments and just pray it will happen but I'm at peace if it doesn't .