July 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday - 6/6/18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday - 6/6/18

• Options
    WTF dd - i barely sleep as it is so why must you, my great little sleeper, wake me up at 430 AM and 630 AM standing and yelling in your crib...also how are you peeing through a nighttime diaper 1 size up 2x this week...and why are you throwing so many tantrums my usually happy girl!? mommy is le tired
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 our kids must be best friends because all that here too. I finally dragged him into my bed at 5 am.
    WTF cat who thinks the freshly washed baby stuff is her bed. Get out!!
  • Options
    @acunamatada I have a 7 am meeting on wednesdays lol and since kiddo went off 15 min before my already ass early alarm I was salty :-P
    @wildtot DH brought her to bed wit him and curious george at 630 AM while I took my meeting, but when I came back upstairs at quarter of 8 she was full out tantrumming on the bedroom floor - and got SUPER dusty...ooops... getting her out the door to daycare was a nightmare... kind of feel bad for DH...I'm now back in bed with fur baby curled up at my feet and a cup of coffee and cheese stick so i'm less salty now :-D  Though I think I will order that toddler clock today... because this crap will not fly if she wakes up a newborn
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I relate on the early wake ups, my kid went from sleeping til 7 no problem and waking up happy as can be, to the past couple weeks waking up at 6 ON THE DOT every single day, crying and whining, and he's not happy until his  second bowl of cheerios. I don't even need to set an alarm anymore, apparently he has one installed in him. I am hoping it's just the Lymes and he'll cut it out soon...

I am glad this was started so early because, as usual, my WTF is work. Basically my office is falling apart at the seams. Aside from me and my pregnancy issues, one person is going out for surgery in 2 weeks, another person just found out she has to have emergency surgery "soon" but not sure when to remove enormous fibroids that suddenly grow in her uterus (which apparently is major abdominal surgery similar to a c-section...), our administrative assistant quit last month with zero notice and (not at all surprisingly) has not been replaced yet, my boss is her usual flaky self who complains about how she is sooo busy and has no time, yet also sits around blabbing about her dating life an awful lot and going on dates with random men she met online. Meanwhile, the intern she hired started 2 weeks ago apparently has NOOO clue what she's doing, I guess because no one is training her, and she's already completely messed up one of my cases to the point where the child won't be receiving his special education services next school year because she failed to give me a message (it is also partly the parent's fault, but still). And then there's our one other support staff employee, who is completely useless and I have no idea wtf she's being paid for because she seems to do more harm than good, but my boss will never fire someone, no matter how shitty of an employee they are. I am seriously starting to wonder how this place is going to survive the next couple months. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 no fun with the early wake up and wet kiddo. We loved the Huggies nighttime diapers when DS would leak through everything else. Now he's outgrown those and we put him in night time pull-ups and have not had a problem since. Good luck, I hope the toddler clock works for you! I have it in my cart on Amazon!
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 not my problem you value Netflix “me time” more than sleep- you’ve got a toddler too, sorry he loves his daddy! 
    I give him plenty of mornings off because he does work a lot. Plus when I work on the weekends I bring DS to my mothers in the morning so he can sleep in before work... But DH is still a little bitch baby about sleep. At 9mo pregnant, sympathy is officially gone.
  • Options
    DS has a home visit today fir his EI and I’m starting to regret listening to DH about keeping DS home until it’s over. He clearly doesn’t know it’s impossible to work and toddler at the same time. Just 30 more mins till the appointment and I’ve wasted at least a good 1.5 hrs of work productivity. Oh plus i had to clean up a bit because DH didn’t help much with that either. 
  • Options
    @owl_mamma - which one are you going with? I was all ready to go all in with the hatch but there's been some negative recent reviews on Amazon since the last firmware update...  OK to Wake is the #1 on Amazon and less than half the price, but it's got a lower % of positive reviews... apparently the plugs on both suck...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF body?! I've been having a hard time eating for a couple weeks now, I'm just out of space.

Now it's gotten weird. About 5-10 minutes after eating anything more substantial than an apple I get really winded, my heart starts racing and my belly is so uncomfortable I can't stand sitting up. 

I'm starting to worry about something being wrong with me. I passed my 1 hour glucose test, my blood pressure has always been on the low end of normal. My appetite definitely decreased at this point when I was pregnant with DD but this is severe. WTF?!?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere sounds like what happened to me yesterday - I'm also usually low normal BP and passed 1 hour no problem.  I was cleared by cardio (though he started yelling anemia and calling me a liar about how much water I drink) but OB did a glucose finger prick and felt it was low for 2 hours post eating and are thinking it could be hypoglycemia.  They want me to eat small high protein meals every couple hours - i mentioned i'm not a big meat person and they said to have yogurt, cheese, nuts. Also to have some OJ on hand and when I start to feel tachocartic or dizzy have some OJ or a popsicle.  I have to go back to OB Friday for a checkup and I'm trying to be a good eater...  From what I've read hypoglycemia without diabetes is really rare but can happen in pregnancy because baby sucks up everything it wants.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 yikes, are you feeling better today? I'll bring it up to my OB at my next appointment for sure. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @runsomewhere I totally agree with @gingerbride26 on the protein front. I've been feeling similarly, almost like your body goes through some wierd surge and you're dizzy and seeing stars, and you can't catch a breath or slow your HR, etc. And it's like your stomach is cramped but hollow at the same time and sends a wierd lightheaded pressure through your head. Or maybe that's just me and I'm nutty, haha. The protein has definitely helped a bit. I'm like 98% vegan so I've just been lazily adding on a protein bar since that seemed like the easiest way to give my protein intake a boost, lol. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 Same here! this kid is about to make me lose what is left of my seriously sleep deprived brain. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @runsomewhere better today - i think the lingering headache is finally gone.  I went full black with stars laying on the floor and still felt wonky all day yesterday. Really weird but i tend to only have these bad issues on days I don't have my morning coffee - so I think it's a combo of low BP due to pumping 2x the blood and the sugar thing.  Caffeine increases BP and I like my coffee with 3 splenda and mostly milk lol so there's my sugar and protein in the morning. I've had dizzy spells non pregnant before but pregnancy super exacerbates it...only 7 more weeks max and dr orders to eat more often and keep my feet up with minimal activity.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I was going with the Ok to wake, maybe I'll read more reviews. Either way I'm not sure if my son will actually stay in bed so it ptoproba won't matter! 
  • Options
    @owl_momma i asked my ped at our recent 2 year checkup and she said it was more effective closer to 3 but worth a try.  People seemed to have good luck with both in 2 year olds... Ironically we saw the ok to wake at B&N 50% off and I didn't buy it >_< kicking myself... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTAF to the dogs, again. They are on a roll with this damn squirrel hunting. To add to it, we still have bil's puppy. We arent giving her back until he does the responsible thing and reliquinshes his aggressive dog. So wtf to him, too. We are training this puppy (potty training, obedience training, crate training. etc.).  My 8 yo niece also thinks it's totally kosher to let the dogs bark while other sleep. I think I've yelled at her 4 times now...I'm in a foul mood. I need a timeout.

Sending all you mommas a great big hug for dealing with punk kiddos and then some!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @gingerbride26 oh man! I'm a sucker for a good deal and I would be kicking myself too!
  • Options
    WTF for me is my pulse went for my doctor's appointment on yesterday and was sent to the hospital for a fall I had on Saturday. Baby apparently is perfect. No problem with her but my pulse is high. It's crazy seeing women more farther along than you leaving triage before you. Now I have to see my doctor today which determine if I have to go to a cardiologist. So yay thanks pulse.....for making these last few weeks memorable.
  • Options
    Sorry about all you ladies dealing with BP and sugar levels, I seriously have to force myself to eat protein these days. Unless it's dairy or meat in the form of a burrito, I'm not even into my beloved eggs anymore! dh offered to make me breakfast and I requested OATMEAL, I mean, can I be more boring.

@zande2016 I can relate to some of your complaints about your company, mine is also a small one and similar stuff happens there. For example, and this is my slight WTF, I mentioned how one of the owners and bosses is pushing to get more monthly work for my part of the business (I am a pm not a sales person...). Well, I have a quote that this client is for sure going to approve, which means more work right? Except my boss spends ALL MORNING (in EST time) sending non urgent emails to clients about other stuff and completely ignores my email with the quote she needs to approve before it's sent. And my client was supposed to have it yesterday, but my boss was having minor surgery. 

I pinged here this morning and she said oh yeah I forgot to tell you I saw it, I'll tell you later because I'm on a call...guess what, now she is gone at an appointment and the quote is still pending. So feefreak annoying to do all the work and then be stalled because ppl are not on their game.
  • Options
    @kissableviv your boss sounds pretty similar to mine! Time management skills and priorities are not her strong suit. Important time sensitive issues can be going up in flames and she'll still sit there tending to the most ridiculous things before addressing the serious things. She will also spend 20 mins relaying to you HOW BUSY she is and allll the things she has to do, and you're like, um you could have accomplished 5 things in the past 20 mins...actually at this very moment, she is in an all day speaking engagement (part 1...part 2 is next week). This is our busiest month of the year and she signs up for a 2-part all day speaking engagement, while her 3 associates are all literally drowning? Cool! Oh, 2 weeks ago we were all struggling with deadlines and she took an extra day off on top of yet another conference she was attending to go on an overnight date, and broadcasted that fact to all of us too....if you;re gonna abandon us to go on dates, at least pretend you're doing something important? 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I have both the OK to Wake and Hatch.  I haven't used Hatch much yet, but here are my thoughts:  we started using the OK to Wake for DD at 17 months.  By the time she turned 2, she understood it.  If I ask her before bed "What do you do if you wake up and your clock is off?" she'll say "Back to sleep" (or "Wake up Mommy & Daddy and sing" if I ask about if it's on).  But she doesn't always go back to sleep - she will stay in her crib just talking or singing to herself though until the clock turns on about 98% of the time.  It's easy to use and doesn't have to be plugged in - in fact, ours has never been plugged in and I haven't had to change the battery once in 9 months.  Con is that you have to physically touch it to adjust what time it goes off and there have been a few times where I felt she would have gone back to sleep (and I could have slept in) if it hadn't been on when she woke. Opposite example: there are times when I would have preferred it to go off early if we were all awake, but didn't want to "break the rule" and go in before her clock.

Hatch does have to be plugged in all the time and the cord isn't super long, but it's also a standard miniUSB so you can use any you have laying around.  I love that it's color configurable (can replace a night light) and has white noise.  I've been using it in our bedroom to help drown out DH making too much noise after I go to bed or when he wakes up.  I haven't used the wake up feature yet, but I bought this one because I love that I can adjust it from the app if I change my mind and want it to go off earlier or later.

We are strongly considering replacing the OK to Wake that DD has with the Hatch, but haven't pulled the plug yet.  Hatch is eligible for the completion discount on Amazon, so add it to your registry and buy that way if you haven't already!
  • Options
    Another WTF...Planet Fitness. I need to cancel my membership since I am moving and there is a LA Fitness literally within walking distance from our new place. Planet Fitness requires you to walk in and cancel or send a certified letter stating why you are cancelling and when to cancel. This makes is so incredibly difficult when I am no where near the place now and it also requires me to find my damn barcode.  Why can't I just log into the portal and click cancel, then give a reason there!?!?

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa the 24 hr membership i had cancelled on its own because my bank card became invalid lol (my account was on hold for the longest time before it happened). That’s one way of doing it without actually doing anything haha
  • Options
    wildtot said:
    @zombiehoohaa the 24 hr membership i had cancelled on its own because my bank card became invalid lol (my account was on hold for the longest time before it happened). That’s one way of doing it without actually doing anything haha
    That’s how I “cancelled” my last membership too... I’ll probably never be able to get an account with them in the future but it beat the run around lol 
  • Options
    @wildtot & @acunamatada sneaky yet sooooo smart!!

• Options
    BF and WTF combined...So DS has been going through EI for some speech issues and H is starting to get all defensive. It was determined that DS needs services because he is not putting the standard amount of words together and he is not pronouncing the beginning of certain words. I have been busting my butt to make all the appointments and get all the info we need, while I share details with H at a later time. First of all, DS can receive his weekly services here at home or at the sitter. Of course H preferred at home. Meaning I will be working from home a toddler again. Secondly, H keeps asking if DS is ok. In other words is he "challenged" (sorry I don't know the right terminology for that). No he is not, he is at pace or excelling at other developmental skills, it's just his speech delay/challenges. Thirdly, DS might have the opportunity to receive preschool services if needed by the time he is 3 (program ends at 3 yrs and we would have the conversation in 6 months at re-revaluation). H does not want to take that opportunity (which might be free), if they well label DS as special ed/needs (H was RSP when he was younger). I get it I don't like that label either, but we'll cross that bridge when it's time. The minute H gets defensive, I feel like all my efforts are for nothing. I asked him to take over DS this afternoon because I had to work late to make up the time I lost this morning and what happened? He got home, sat on the couch while I tried to work and feed DS dinner. For once I ordered pizza for dinner without H requesting and turns out he had it for lunch. All my efforts feel so small these days. ugh
  • Options
    @wildtot ugh I’m sorry you guys aren’t on the same page. I go through a little of that with DH whenever the topic of DS’s services come up. He comes to the “big” meetings and screenings and he always has something to say along the lines of “I think he’s just a late bloomer.” Late bloomer or not, he’s behind his peers, why wouldn’t we support him in any way you can? For my DH some of it is guilt, he feels bad for not noticing it earlier.. But it’s no ones fault he’s a little delayed, and he’s already made sooo much progress. Don’t let your H’s dismissiveness diminish all the awesome things you’re doing for your son, you’re doing great even if he doesn’t see it right now. 
    And side bar- I’d totally do EI at the sitters- who wants to clean their house for visitors every week?? No thank you. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada thank you for the reassurance. I think we both feel a bit of guilt but I’m more accepting to help in general than he is. I’ll have to talk to the sitter see if she feels comfortable with the weekly visits. I seriously had to sweep and vacuum at 7 am today because this house was a mess. It’s back to it’s usually messy state again  :/
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @wildtot, i just told my husband what you said above regarding your H's defensiveness and he's like, "Why?? Some people are so stupid. It will only help your son, so he needs to put his own pride aside." Just FYI

Our DS 2yo is in speech EI now and it's really helped a ton.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 glad to hear it’s helping your DS! DS was evaluated at 18 months but determined boarder line so we waited till now to retest. DH had a much harder time the first time, i think it really takes some processing and acceptance on his end. I think he’s just afraid of what his friends or family might think or say but whatever to them. The earlier the better i say so he has a great chance of success once he’s older. Hey we aren’t paying for the service so why not! The fact that people tell H that other kids were delaying and turned out fine without help doesn’t help. Glad for them but I’m not will to chance the worst of future struggles. 
  • Options
    Another WTF...Planet Fitness. I need to cancel my membership since I am moving and there is a LA Fitness literally within walking distance from our new place. Planet Fitness requires you to walk in and cancel or send a certified letter stating why you are cancelling and when to cancel. This makes is so incredibly difficult when I am no where near the place now and it also requires me to find my damn barcode.  Why can't I just log into the portal and click cancel, then give a reason there!?!?

heads up - LA Fitness requires pretty much the same thing.  You need to cancel in person with a manager between 9 and 5 on a weekday only or send in a letter...but not sure if it needs to be certified...they got like 6 months of our money that way...

Second WTF - DD is batting 1000 today - completely flipped out during bath...like both of us had to strip or get soaked and hold her in the tub because she kept trying to climb out of the tub and kick and thrash... she did let me cut her nails while daddy read her fishy books after she'd calmed down... maybe mimi's terrifying pool present turned her off all water!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wildtot I know it doesn’t help necessarily, but what you’re experiencing with your H is sooo common in my experience. My practice solely consists of representing kids with special needs and so often the mom is trying to get all the services she can and the dad is defensive and doesn’t want services because of the label issue. Not always the case of course but It is common. A ton of kids get EI, maybe CPSE, and then when they get to school aged they are declassified and don’t need services anymore. At this age, getting allll the services you can is the absolute best thing you can do. Also, he’s too young to realize he’s getting services or “different” from his peers, it won’t hurt him and will only help him. I hope your H comes around but keep being your son’s #1 advocate, you’re doing great! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 thank you! I think because H was RSP at an older age he has done reservations to the label. His SIL is a special ed teacher but very outspoken/jokingly judging outside of work i think that makes him feel worse/uncomfortable. In my family my sister was the Gate child and I never compared to her learning abilities but because of that i worked hard and asked for help for myself. I hope DS will learn the same. At least with services I can feel more relaxed and hopeful with the 1 on 1 attention especially with a new baby. I did express concerns of regression once baby is born so hopefully their support will prevent it.
  • Options
    Okay, WTF. Maybe I’m being oversensitive, but just got this text from my best friend:

Friend: “How the hell did (son) get Lymes?  Was it playing in the woods??”

me: “no he wasn’t playing in the woods...I don’t know. 

friend: “It’s just weird because I’m sure you see his body everyday for a bath and changing etc. like how does a baby get lymes?” 

Is she trying to make me feel bad for letting my kid play outside, or for not noticing the tick on him during bath time?? Geez the mom guilt is bad enough. Seriously wtf. 
  • Options
    @wildtot that’s annoying about your SIL making comments and judging. He may have some regression but I think That’s normal for all kids and all the more reason to keep up the services! Will he still have them over the summer? 
  • Options
    @zande2016 yeah wtf that’s coming off judgmental. Does she have kids? Honestly I don’t bathe DS each day so I’d probably miss it too. Anyone could have gotten it and I’m sure even an adult would miss the tick or try to self diagnose delaying their treatment way longer that your DS. Don’t feel bad or let her guilt you. We are human and things happen. Being moms doesn’t make us perfect. 
  • Options
    @wildtot nope she doesn’t have kids and completely understands nothing about how my life has been since I became a mom. I can’t really relate to her anymore. And yeah I don’t bathe my son everyday, plus based on where the rash was the doctor thinks the tick bit him in that crease between the back of the ear and the skull, so it makes sense we didn’t see it. Ugh she just totally doesn’t get it at all.