TTC after 35
Options

TTCA35 Weekly Check-in 5-28-18

marijaa333marijaa333 member
edited May 2018 in TTC after 35
Stepping in just this once since we haven't done one in a while and I miss y'all. ;)

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly Check-in 5-28-18

• Options

: WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 10

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Prenatals only

Rants/Raves
    : This is just a mixed bag all around: I'm going for a consultation with the RE this month.  We haven't been at it for that long (3 months) but at 39, I have been told by you ladies not to wait, so I'm taking the advice.

Questions for the group:
    Is anyone using the AVA app or keeping track of fertility with a smart watch or fitbit? I'm looking into getting a fitbit or apple watch and can't decide if it would be helpful (also in other ways - fitness, time management) or just annoying.

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? Dump the guy you're dating, go and study abroad, and generally don't be so hesitant to follow your dreams!  (I was super risk averse when I was younger...)
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Lining check tomorrow, then will probably start PIO shots and biopsy next week.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):CD 14

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): ERA cycle. PNV, Probiotics, Vit E and Zinc.

Rants/Raves
    : Had a nice stay-cation with DH this weekend. Think was just the break from reality that we both needed. 

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? Save your $$ and freeze your eggs while your young! lol I wouldn't change too much, I'm glad I had fun in my 20s, so can appreciate things more now :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kristimh80 lol, i was tempted to write the same about freezing eggs, but can't be too hard on my 20 year old self. And we did exactly the same this weekend - vegged out for 50% of the time... Good luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    @marijaa333 Relaxing weekends are the best!! And thank you...should be a quick /  short appointment. I'm ready to get this show on the road...or at least have some answers. :blush: 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): waiting to confirm O.  I triggered on Friday and IUI on Sunday but not sure I actually Od.  I’ve had 2 slight temp increases but this week my sleep has been crazy with potty training DS and it affecting his sleep

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): pre natal vitamin, coq10 dhea femara and gonal f

Rants/Raves
    : had great weekend with my family in MI for birthday/holiday.  

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? I did a lot in my 20s but do regret some of the idiots I wasted time on. But I also believe they helped me determine what I actually wanted in a husband and helped make the person I am today.  And if I knew now what I know about struggles w TTC I too would have froze eggs 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 HCG / trigger shot will raise your body temp like it would if you were pregnant, so probably why you ad the increases. So I wouldn't worry too much about that :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 usually I have a bigger increase after trigger and O.  This increase is barely an increase.  In addition I normally have a flashing smiley on CB advanced OPK before I trigger.  I had nothing this time.  I didn’t take once I triggered since that will cause it to be positive.  Im supposed to take progesterone tonight but wondering if I should wait to see if I get another shift in temp tomorrow to know that I Od for sure.  I don’t want to take progesterone if I didn’t and there is a chance I could still O or maybe I just wanted this cycle.  I’ve only had one cycle so far in the last year that I didn’t O despite trigger and I had no temp increase with that cycle. Just annoying since that was last IUI cycle for us and maybe it for treatment 
  • Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member

: Waiting for FET

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD18

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenats

Rants/Raves
    : EHHHHH Wanted to try on our own this month BUT of course DH was sick all weekend so there went that idea. Its ok our chances were super slim with MFI anyway.

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? HA, My 20's were a lot of fun.... but yes I did waste a lot of time with guys who SUCKED, so I would probably warm myself to stay away from them.

• Options
    @Mack2342 Ugh, I'm sorry! I never did OPK's when was on medicated  / IUI cycles. I tried temping once, but with PCO, it was never correct so stopped so didn't stress myself anymore. Maybe call your nurse and ask? I guess waiting an extra day wouldn't make much of a difference either way. :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): waiting for FET

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): BCP, vit D, prenatals, baby aspirin

Rants/Raves
    : slow internet at my parents’ house all week

Questions for the group: 

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? You deserve better, reach for the sky! And wear that bikini, compared to your 43 year old self, you look amazing!!!
  • Options
    @kristimh80 the first couple medicated cycles i didnt temp or do OPKs but then i got curious to see how in line the medicated process was with what i thought based on OPKs and temps. And they were right on except that one cycle.  Following my MC in december they havent quite lined up either. I Od just not when drs said i would based on trigger. So i will see where temp is tomorrow and decide 
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited May 2018
    @Momifbysea LOL. Nice one.  Btw, your 63-year-old self called to tell you to wear that bikini - you still look amazing!

@kristimh80 how did your check go?
  • Options
    @marijaa333 I love it, thanks for the push!

@kristimh80 hope your appointment went well yesterday! 

My good news is that I’m tolerating the BCP much better this week, nausea is pretty much gone thank God! Which in turn has made my anxiety go away yay! I feel back to my normal self. I still hate taking them because it’s so counterintuitive that I would want to prevent pregnancy when we are hoping like mad for it you know? I also get scared that I’ll be oversuppressed but hey the RE got me this far so obviously I’ll ride along. This month before the FET cycle seems to be going soooo slowly though! Process doesn’t seem real yet at all. Just taking pills...two years is a really long time.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Sonogram went well...lining is at a 12.4 and triple tripled, so started PIO today. ERA will be on Tuesday. :blush:

@Momifbysea So good to hear you're doing better on them! When will you be able to get off them and start FET meds? Even when you start FET meds...it'll be exciting, then gets boring again until progesterone is added, then is close and gets exciting! After so much time, I think it's kind of surreal still because of all the meds, etc that it can be hard to comprehend it's actually really happening!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Exciting news @kristimh80. I hope all goes well Tuesday 
  • Options
    @ndz2018 when is your FET?

My first ever RE appointment is tomorrow. EEEK.
  • Options
    Good luck at appt @marijaa333
  • Options
    So I finally got a good temp increase this morning and I had O cramping yesterday so I think I o’d yesterday or into the night.  We did the deed yesterday bc I thought it was happening.    Glad I waited on taking progesterone.   FF is telling me I Od on Monday because of the two ever so slight increase but I think yesterday would be more accurate 
  • Options
    @marijaa333 Good luck today!!! Let us know how it goes!

@Mack2342 Awesome :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Mack2342 Fingers crossed for you!!

@kristimh80 Doc said since we've only been actively trying for 3 months, she wouldn't consider me a candidate for any treatments yet, however, she said it can't hurt to get the tests done as long as I promise not to freak out if I get worse-than-expected numbers and stop trying to conceive naturally. She said past success was a very good sign and advised us to get busy more often. Then she went over the entire physiology of conception, which I found fascinating (I knew a lot, but learned a lot too.  Bottom line, I freaking loved her - she was reassuring, knowledgeable, a great communicator, didn't want to rush into treatment, and yet left control in my hands.   The whole process seems so much more manageable in my mind now than it did before.  Thanks to all you for encouraging me to go see an RE! I wouldn't have done it (yet) without it.

• Options
    @marijaa333 that’s great that really liked her.  I never asked for my numbers because I didn’t want to obsess about them.  RE told me they were normal for my age and I left it at that.   
  • Options
    @marijaa333 That's awesome!! Yes, usually they won't try fertility treatments unless you've been trying at least 6 months. It's great that she's willing to do blood work and you're being proactive about it all! I waited over a year to see an RE and wish I had gone so much sooner! Hopefully, the blood tests can give you some answers and least have an idea of your egg counts, etc so you know what you're dealing with :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    I went to a fundraiser at this organization and received an email from them.  Thought maybe all you US people would be interested 

Big News Regarding Health Insurance Coverage for the Infertility Warrior!
    On May 24th, the Access to Infertility Treatment and Care Act (the “Bill”) was introduced to the Senate (S. 2960) and the House of Representatives (H.R. 5965).  This Bill “would require private health insurance plans, as well as plans offered by the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, TRICARE, and the VA, to provide coverage for treatment of infertility without raising insurance or copayment costs. It would also ensure that these plans cover fertility preservation services for individuals who undergo a medically necessary procedure that may cause infertility.”  Currently, health insurance for infertility-related medical services is determined at the State level.  Despite infertility affecting 1 out of 8 couples and approximately 12% of all women, only 8 States (Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island) require insurers to cover the cost of infertility-related medical services.

If this Bill is enacted, it would be a game-changer for the infertility community!  This Bill would virtually eliminate the financial burden of infertility that prevents many from pursuing their dream of parenthood.  As an organization that aims to alleviate the financial burden of infertility, Parental Hope supports this legislation.  Thank you to Senator Cory Booker, Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro, and Resolve: The National Infertility Association for all their hard work to create and introduce this Bill.

While the introduction of this Bill is a good first step, enactment of the Bill is far from a certainty.  You can help support this Bill by doing the following:

1.  Contact your Senator or Representative and tell him/her your story and explain the importance and need for this Bill.  Don’t know how to contact your Senator or Representative? 
    Click on the links below:
    https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
    https://www.house.gov/representatives

2.  Donate to organizations such as Resolve or Parental Hope that support the infertility community.
  • Options
    @Mack2342 That would be awesome if it could be added to all insurances! It's mandated here in TX, but employers have to add it to their coverage. We tried asking my husband's HR about adding it and got no where. Their only solution was to do a savings account deal. But at this point we are 30k OOP with this IVF cycle alone. I always pray it was required for insurance to coverage it, esp since eventually I'll need another cycle of IVF.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 we have very little fertility coverage here in OH.  Only an HMO is required to cover some and anything except IVF.  It would be awesome if it could change 
  • Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD6

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Just same as other things. Just trying to BD around ovulation a few times. 

Rants/Raves
    :

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? To not automatically think you would have a family and how hard it will be and that you might have to accept not having a living child.

• Options
    @drewsdarlin welcome... and a big hug
  • Options
    @Mack2342 One can only hope that passes!! I’m one of the lucky ones who live in NJ and have the coverage (except PGS testing) but I know MANY women who do not and are 100% OOP. Hoping for all women( and men) who are diagnosed are covered some day!

@drewsdarlin Welcome and hoping your stay here is short!

@marijaa333 I lied in my forms and said we’d be ttc for 6 months .. damn glad I did, i just knew something was wrong and I was Right! MFI and I had A septate uterus.. trust your instinct! 
  • Options
    @drewsdarlin welcome... and a big hug
    Thank you 
  • Options
    ndz2018 said:
    @Mack2342 One can only hope that passes!! I’m one of the lucky ones who live in NJ and have the coverage (except PGS testing) but I know MANY women who do not and are 100% OOP. Hoping for all women( and men) who are diagnosed are covered some day!

@drewsdarlin Welcome and hoping your stay here is short!

@marijaa333 I lied in my forms and said we’d be ttc for 6 months .. damn glad I did, i just knew something was wrong and I was Right! MFI and I had A septate uterus.. trust your instinct! 
    Thank you. We have been trying to have a living child for almost 19 years now. 
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  limbo

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 50? These pp/bf cycles are crazy.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): pnv

Rants/Raves
    : we put our dog down Tuesday beforw memorial day, and I've been avoiding being home for long periods since, so I dont hear phantom requests to be let out/in. But it has made it hard to bump/fb. Then, the next day I thought my 11 month old ate a magnet, which I only found elsewhere today - 12 days later. Plus hubs sucks right now at helping get anything done, ever. Sorry for the bitchfest, I just couldn't pick one rant. As to raves, we spent this past weekend at my parents with 2 aunts and 5 cousins, and had a blast.

Questions for the group:

GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? graduate college early and use the money you would've spent on the last year's tuition as a down payment on a house.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica Welcome!! So sorry to hear about your puppy :( Don't worry about venting here...that's what we have this page for! We all need an outlet <3 I hope you can get your AF soon! I can't imagine being on CD50...but last FET I went to CD36 and felt really weird. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):
    WTO
    CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):
    CD4
    What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):
    Mostly pouting, as I've heard two pregnancy announcements this week and still no luck for us. I think I'm also going to to finally contact the acupuncturist. 
    GTKY:  If you could give your 20-year-old self advice, what would it be? 
    There's plenty of time to grow up -- just have fun for a little while.
  • Options
    Hey everyone just popped in to say hi. We are no longer trying to get pregnant I mean not preventing either but if it happens great if not then I'll just be at peace with that. We have talked about possibly adopting but still not sure. I feel like a weight has been lifted off no more tracking or peeing on sticks. 

I hope you guys don't mind if I still hangout here im on FB as well RobinSeitter profile pic is my husband and I at sunset in Jamaica since I have 3 accounts and I only use one .

Good luck to everyone that's doing FET soon!!!! 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 Good to see you back around! Yes...please keep in touch! I totally understand....I'm glad you're feeling better about it all. We have also talked about adoption at some point as well. My DH wants to adopt a baby but there are sweet 8 yr olds I've seen in my searches as well. Adoption really is a blessing. I feel like I could be just as good of a mom to another child so it really pulls at my heart strings when I go looking! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Labluver2 good to hear from you! Please do hangout on here and thanks for the FET good luck. It is a bit nervewracking for sure...

Just saying hi to all the new folks on here and hope your stay is short!

• Options
    @Labluver2 Totally get it and yes of course please check in! I’m glad you are at peace with it all. And adoption isn’t going anywhere take all the time you need to decide.. we’ll be here! 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 - We are in the same boat.  We aren't trying anymore either and actually went back to the pull out method until I feel at a place where my anxiety is under control and I'm off some of my anxiety meds.  I've been having better days lately and I'll find myself thinking if it would happen or if we would adopt.  We aren't at the point to decide anything right now.  But I'm with you on feeling a weight is lifted.  I'm finding myself enjoying sex even more now.  I'm totally looking you up on FB.  If anyone wants to friend me on FB I'm karla.nichols.3 - my profile pick is of me doing a sitting tree yoga pose on our patio and I have dark hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker