Infertility

New here (loss mentioned)

em_7em_7 member
edited May 2018 in Infertility
Hi all, I’m new on here. Joined for support, although I have the most amazing family and friends, it’s hard for them to understand exactly what I am going through... We have been TTC for 3 years now. My husband had a motorbike accident and is paraplegic meaning we have to do IVF. When we first started under going IVF all our doctors said “you are so young” and thought it would happen straight away but reality is 3 years later.. 4 FET transfers, 2 miscarriages and we are still trying. Fingers crossed for our June FET! 

Re: New here (loss mentioned)

• mcgeevamcgeeva member
    I’m so sorry for you losses and the struggle with what your trying to overcome in general. I really hope your next fET works. Did you do PGD testing on the embryos to see if there were any issues by chance? 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    @em_7 So sorry for all of it... I can only imagine the struggles on a daily basis and throw a little IVF, failed FET and losses into the mix and its a whole other struggle. Same question did you guys do PGS/PGD testing on your embryos? Though most docs don't recommend it for younger couples/couples who under 35. I'm over 35 that's why we did it. Also I'm most likely be with you for June FET, all depend on when AF gets here.
  • Loading the player...
  • em_7em_7 member
    edited May 2018
    @ndz2018 @mcgeeva No, my embryos haven’t been tested as far as I know. I’ll will ask doctor about it on my next visit. I didn’t even know they could test them?! They have done numerous blood tests on both me and my husband and ruled out anything major. Dr has also said it’s not normal to be taking this long in someone of my age (which really got me worried). I have 2 frozen embryos and she said if neither of those take I will have to have a Hysteroscopy. She doesn’t think it will come to that and just thinks it’s been bad luck... I hope she right. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    @em_7 You would know if they tested them for chromosomal abnormality. There’s a whole form you have to sign etc also after your embryos make it to day 5/6 they biopsy the embryos and send it out for testing that can take up to two weeks for results. I would say if you had to do another round to talk to your doctor about it, most insurance companys don’t cover it and for me the PGS testing was 5k out of pocket for 10 embryos ( I had 12 make it to day 5 so add another $250 on to that ). Have they mentioned any additional testing?
  • em_7em_7 member
    Oh ok. No they have never mentioned any additional testing of our embryos. I will bring it up at our next appointment. Thanks for the advice @ndz2018
  • roisisroisis member
    Hi @em_7, I'm so sorry for all you've gone through - I can't imagine how tough that is. Best of luck in your upcoming transfer, I'd definitely advise joining the June FET group once it is created (actually it might be there now?!). Lots of people join the monthly groups to cheer each other on. GL <3<3 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Welcome, I’m sorry for everything you’ve gone to up until now.  FX this FET works!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Hi dear. I am really sorry for you. I can feel your pain and all the hard time you have to go through. I know that both you and your husband are in intense pain. May be you have broken a lot after the miscarriages. But my dear these are the part of life. We have to live with them. No doubt the pain is felt by only those who are under going it. You have to retry and wait for the best. Losing an unborn child is really painful and hurting. But I am really happy for you that you have tried it again. I am glad that you are strong enough that you have courage and hope to do it again. Thanks for uploading such post. It is really helpful and courageous for those couple who feel broken and hopeless after the miscarriage. All my best wishes and compliments are with you guys. May you be blessed with a baby and have a good and healthy happy life. Best of luck!
  • Hello ladies! Bad to hear from you. It is really very hurting. As a mother, I can understand well. As in the case, my IVF was also failed for two times. I was fed up. Instead of trying for third one, I went for the surrogacy. Through surrogacy, I got a surrogate son. It was really helpful for me. It was just like a miracle for me. I choose surrogacy because of its success rate. IVF failures make it very lengthy and expensive. I wish you best of luck.
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited May 2018
    Hello ladies! Bad to hear from you. It is really very hurting. As a mother, I can understand well. As in the case, my IVF was also failed for two times. I was fed up. Instead of trying for third one, I went for the surrogacy. Through surrogacy, I got a surrogate son. It was really helpful for me. It was just like a miracle for me. I choose surrogacy because of its success rate. IVF failures make it very lengthy and expensive. I wish you best of luck.
    QFP

This post is inappropriate here. If you'd like to talk about this topic, pls do it at the thread intended for surrogacy. If you'd keep doing it here, we'd assume you're from biotex.
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    @BumpAdmin Please do something with the spammers here. There are so many of them here recently.
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    No one can understand your pain. Until and unless they are in the same boat. Otherwise, they simply cannot. Even if they claim to do so. I am sorry for your struggle. I have been through this. I know the frustration. You can talk to me if you want. I will be there for any advice. Now I hope this FET works for you. It sucks otherwise. Also, save some eggs and get them fertilized. It can help you if this cycle fails. You can go for surrogacy. Maybe you cannot carry the baby. You can take help of a surrogate. Gestational surrogacy will ensure a genetically your baby. 
    QFP
  • windy88windy88 member
    Hello. I hope you are doing good. I am so sorry for you loss. I know you must be going through a tough time. Miscarriages can really break you down mentally and emotionally. Don't get upset.  I hope you get your rainbow soon. Good luck with the FET. Sending baby dust. 
  • So sorry about your miscarriages.