July 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change

Stolen from Monday ticker change because I'm lazy ;)
How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

What are your Memorial Day Plans?
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change

• amdftwamdftw member
    How far along today? How big is baby? 31 weeks, size of Asparagus apparently.

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms More of the same... tired, sore, hungry, heartburn.  I'm trying to be better about taking frequent breaks when doing chores or whatever else instead of ignoring the fatigue and sore muscles until I get too frustrated and quit altogether.

Appointments/US this week Nothing this week.

Random Questions Nothing at the moment.

Rants/Raves My DH has been trying to get the basement organized - finally!  Yay DH.  

We have a wedding Saturday night.  Otherwise - nothing!  Getting stuff done around the house hopefully.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along today? How big is baby? 30 weeks. Baby is the size of a zucchini or cabbage 

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms: exhaustion—since the third trimester hit, it was like I became extremely tired all of the time. Also being slightly anemic doesn’t help. Back aches 

Appointments/US this week: had an appt today. Everything looks good. We also did an elective 3d/4d ultrasound Sunday and that was fun. Only got side glimpses of the little guy’s face since he had his feet in front of his head the whole time. We go back Monday for a rescan and hopefully can see better this time. 

Random Questions: none 

Rants/Raves: we took our maternity photos on Saturday with our pup and he was so well behaved. We can’t wait to see the photos. Also since our bathroom is finally finished we are waiting on new windows for baby’s room and picking out the paint color this week. It has given me anxiety waiting until now to do the nursery but it’s finally happening. Hoping to have the room ready before our baby shower on 6/9. 

I am the matron of honor for my best friend’s wedding on Sunday. Saturday will be the rehearsal brunch and Monday hopefully get to rest since I know it will be really busy. Also get to do our rescan then. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along today? How big is baby?
    33 weeks - celery!

I feel like a record on repeat but this baby is seriously low.  I couldn't even get comfortable driving today because I couldn't sit with my legs far enough apart to accommodate him!  

As of this week I actually start going weekly.  I can't remember if this week is my first NST, or if this week is just a belly check and those start next week.  I think it may be the latter.

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    I plugged in the white noise machine we bought for the baby and used it in our room last night.  I slept great!  Hahahahaha

Potty training my 2 year old DD.  I'm trying to convince myself it's going to be fun!
  • How far along today? How big is baby? 33 weeks -- 2 pineapples

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Lots of heartburn/acid from the most random things

Appointments/US this week I had a NST/BPP and appointment yesterday -- all looks good.

Random Questions I am being tested for cholestasis due to itching on my feet and hands-- anyone had any experience with that?? 

Rants/Raves None

Hang out with the kiddos! :) 
    I am 28 weeks and baby I the size of an eggplant 

My stomach is starting to feel heavy. I ordered a belly band to see if that helps me get some relief. I feel pressure on my bladder which gives me a false sense that I need to go. When I attempt to go nothing comes out because I just went five minutes ago. UGH! 
    I have my OB apt. this week. I am looking forward to see what I have gained. 
    Random Questions
    Does anyone else seem as if their hormones are getting worse the further along they are vs. better? 
    Rants/Raves
    It is so irritating that when I express something has irritated me, people explanation is it must be my hormones because I am pregnant. This is so damn annoying. 
    None so far and I am happy about that. 
  • zg49zg49 member
    How far along today? How big is baby? I'm a few days late on this! Currently 31 weeks. 

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms Nothing really! Finally not constipated daily so that's nice!

Appointments/US this week Nothing this week, next one is next Wednesday.

Random Questions 

Rants/Raves So, at my last appointment last week my Dr. scheduled my induction. I'm not high risk, currently have no medical need for it and she set it up for 38w6d. I'm annoyed because I really don't want to be induced again (I was with #2 because I was dilated to 6cm already at 38w6d). Our hospital has a really high rate of induction for non medical reasons and I just felt I wasn't asked or heard when I voiced my preference not to. Plus, she scheduled it early, before I even get to 40 weeks. I might be ok with it if it was scheduled for 40 or 41 weeks but just shy of 39? Why?? I mean I know I don't HAVE to keep the appointment but this close to the end I'm now frustrated with my Dr and I really don't like that either. 

Gardening! Hoping to get all our veggies planted this weekend, even though it is supposed to be in the 90's! Yikes!

• @ssthomps - someone else mentioned the same thing about hormones recently!  I'm very lucky that I work from home so I really haven't had to deal with many people making pregnant comments to me.  That drives me nuts!!

@bradybunchmom89 - sorry, I haven't had that experience!
  • amdftwamdftw member
    @zg49 Did your doctor say why she scheduled it for when she did?  As a "just in case" based on your prior experience or some other reason?  I'm sorry you didn't feel listened to & are now frustrated (I don't blame you!)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @zg49 I agree with the PP.  You should ask why she scheduled that early and share with her that you're not comfortable with that!  With my first I told my doctor I wasn't comfortable with induction, so she shared that she would push it as long as possible, but would need to schedule if she hadn't come by 41 weeks (due to state requirements).  I already knew about the state law, so I agreed to that and that's when we ended up inducing.  With this one, she's mentioned we may have to include earlier, but only if my BP gets out of control and then we can have a discussion about it.
    34 weeks size of a cabbage 

Increased in pressure I find is sitting starting to get uncomfortable. 

I had my 34 week appointment on Tuesday. Baby is measure right on track and is head down. 

Random Questions
    none

Rants/Raves
    none

a few work projects and yard work. 

m

• @MichelleAG05 Hope they go well :)
    @bradybunchmom89 I don't but hope you get some answers.
    @ssthomps I know I had a hormone surge because I've had a bad psoriasis flare which sucks!  
    @zg49 that would really frustrate me and so odd to do it before 40. I personally would never want to be induced again. I mean my c section isn't even schedule until 39 weeks so it seems odd she would want to start an induction even before that.

34 w, 2 d; baby is a butternut squash.  A big one.  ;) 

My contractions continue; apparently I have an "irritable uterus." The frequency/pain has started to increase, so I'm tracking them now, just in case. 

Had an appointment Monday; insisted on being checked b/c of the contractions, and my history of progressing through labour with few painful contractions (for example, I was unaware I was 7 cm dilated at my 38 week appointment with my last son).  Have started to efface a bit, but still no dilation yet this time.  Midwife mentioned inducing me at 39 weeks, because this little due is so huge--97th percentile.  My boys tend to be big, but this guy is on track to be the biggest. 

Random Questions
    None this week.

Rants/Raves
    Mini rant: my husband thinks I'm overreacting.  I put a belly pic on Facebook, and yes, I willingly acknowledged in this post that my belly is big--baby boy is huge, and that's just how I grow them. There are no issues with GD or anything. My mother takes that picture, shares it on her own wall (without checking with me), with the caption: "Will she or won't she? (make it to her due date)."  Yes, on the one hand, she's probably just trying to be cute.  But on the other hand, my mom's family has a history of mocking each other ("but it's just a joke"), and this just feels like she stole my picture and is putting my body on view for her friends to pass judgment on.

Again, hubs says I'm overreacting, and maybe I am. I'm certainly not going to say anything to her, but this just rubs me the wrong way. 

None.  Hubs is taking the boys out for a day trip, and I'm staying home relaxing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • michelle_birdmichelle_bird member
    edited May 2018
    @ethnomusicwhat I would be super annoyed by that too.  I hate when my mom or MIL share things I post, regardless of whether they're me or DD.  When I was pregnant last time my mom posted a pic of me at a birthday party and made some comment like "Did she eat the whole cake?"  I'm sure she was trying to be cute, but that kind of crap isn't good for pregnancy hormones!

ETA:  my NST and ultrasound today looked great!  Baby was moving like crazy and still has plenty of fluid and room to grow, even though I obviously feel otherwise. ;)  He was sticking his tongue out at us and suckling - it was so cute to see!
  • @MichelleAG05 I'm so glad it's not just me. Yay for positive u/s and NST!  Glad little man looks great. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • @ethnomusicwhat I would definitely be annoyed by that particularly with wanting people to comment on your body. It would be different in my opinion if it was a "look how wonderful she looks I am so excited" kind of thing. 

• @lindsayleigh1989 Yeah, I think if she'd said something like that, I'd be ok.  I still wish she'd ask before sharing my pictures, but I know she just doesn't get why that would be an issue.  

In other news, just got a totally out of the blue message from a guy I went to college with, and haven't spoken to since I saw him at a wedding over 8 years ago.  He asked if I wanted to join his "Healthy Living" Facebook group.  REALLY want to ask him if it's his typically m.o. to reach out to vulnerable pregnant women trying to hype his products for "healthy living/weight loss"...so far I'm refraining from even answering. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • @ethnomusicwhat - as an independent sales rep for another company, he probably was just cold messaging people he saw as "green" (active) on Facebook messenger and never even looked at your profile to see you were pregnant.  I confess to doing it, but I sell Pampered Chef stuff not weight loss.  :)

Want to know what annoys me the most about the Facebook sharing thing?  If someone just hits "share" on your post, the same people that you set your permissions to can see it.  Meaning, if I said only my friends and my mom hits "share", only her friends who are also my friends can see it.  Somehow my MIL figured that out and downloads my picture and reposts it herself so that all her friends can see it. Are you effing kidding me?!?!  I had to have DH say something to her about it.  WTF?!?
  • @MichelleAG05 That's exactly what my mother did!  Gah!  I wouldn't mind if she'd shared my post--the context I'd given would have nullified her joke at my expense. But she saved it and posted it as her own; you're right, the privacy settings is a whole other issue.  

Thanks for your perspective on the message. It's likely that's what my friend did--what concerns me (in this case, *not yours*) is that a pregnant woman who might already be struggling with her changing body would really be shaken by a message like his.  I mean, I'm irritated and I'm generally confident in my weight gain this pregnancy--what if I had a pre-existing eating disorder, or body image issues? I just wish he'd thought it through a bit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • @ethnomusicwhat - yep, totally get it.  I had a girl offer me a free coffee sample this week through "cold messaging".  I asked her about the amount of caffeine in it to see if it was below my daily intake while pregnant and she said "Oh, I wouldn't take it while pregnant.  It causes appetite suppression and stuff."  LOL.  I said "Well, glad I asked!"