Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wed 5/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: (Stolen from WTO) 
If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?

*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: TWW Wed 5/23

• Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 26/14

Timing: -3,-1,O,+1

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing:  BFNs - just waiting for AF

R/R:  Happy for the long LP, not happy that I know AF is looming.

CS/Q: Typically my temp starts going down the day before AF so I was surprised to see it up today.  It gave me the tiniest glimmer of hope, so I tested to kill those hopes.

GTKY: (Stolen from WTO) If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
    1 year of paid maternity and paternity leave for errrrrrybody.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 19/4 (according to CTP)

Timing: O, -1, -4

Typical LP length: 9ish

Testing: not any plans

R/R: praying for the weather to stay what the forecast says right now.  It keeps changing back and forth between sunny all weekend and storms all weekend.  I need my lake time!

CS/Q:  CTP says I ovulated on Saturday.  FF doesn’t agree.  I have to say my BBT and secondary signs are kind of confusing this month.  Any insight or thoughts?

GTKY: (Stolen from WTO) If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?  Free healthcare and education

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: last one was 11

Testing: Probably sometime over the weekend, whenever my will power gives out. The ridiculous side of me keeps thinking about how super sweet it would be to get a positive on Friday and have an entire long weekend with DH to revel in it. Cuz apparently my brain still thinks this whole thing will suddenly turn into a rom/com at any moment.

R/R: My husband has decided to get on the working out train with me. This is both a rant and a rave. Rave: It's great because he wants to play tennis more often and that's always my preferred method for exercise. Rant: His big motivator is losing, like, 10 pounds or something. Which I'm sure he'll do....in like a day. While I struggle over here trying to shed a measly single pound here and there.

CS/Q: There have been less jumps up and down this time around, and so far they're holding steady, but at only 7dpo that doesn't really mean much.

GTKY: (Stolen from WTO) If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?

I of course love the maternity/paternity leave idea. I don't know really, maybe something that would give everyone some amount of vacation time and a requirement that they use it. There are so many people who either don't have it at all, or, worse in my opinion, do have it but are so caught up in our work culture here that they don't use hardly any of it. Mental, emotional, and physical health all suffer from over-working all the time.

@LJMoon6 -- That's a really cool family belief, but I can't imagine the pressure that must come with it too. I completely understand the desire to test early in that situation. My hopes for you that all goes well!

@Sparty18 -- I'm sorry about the BFNs. As others say, you're not out until you're out and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

@quidditchcapn1120 Lake time sounds so good right about now!!! I hope the weather cooperates for you. Do you have a cabin or favorite camping site? If it does storm hopefully it’s just at night. I love the sound of rain hitting your tent. We have some crazy weather forecasted for this weekend. 90s for almost a whole week. It’s crazy for Minnesota.

@auburnvelvet86 MH and I used to play tennis together all the time (we’re both pretty bad at it, me more than him lol). I loved having someone to play with. I would much rather be playing a sport than hitting up the gym equipment. We just don’t have time for it on the week days any more. I’m thinking about switching back to 8 hour days. These 10s are killing me! My family is crazy! Everyone is convinced that we’ll be pregnant “soon.” It’s hard not to get hopeful too I guess.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @LJMoon6 -- Another Minnesotan! It's like the weather gods are trying to pay us back fro that April blizzard. If only they would understand that moderation in all things is preferred.
  • @Sparty18 so sorry for you ur BFNs but fx for the next few days!

@LJMoon6 enjoy your newfound free time!  I’ve been there; restaurants can be so stressful.
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @auburnvelvet86 This winter was so hard! I hate winter to begin with, so not cool! I think we were spoiled the last couple of years with our early springs. That was so nice! Are you from MN originally? MH and I are from WI but very close to the border of MN. Our Wisconsin hometowns are actually considered suburbs of the Twin Cities. We bought our first house last year and made the leap across the border, so we're officially Minnesotans now. 
    *TW* TTC history

• kaylaefkaylaef member

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 29/8dpo I ovulate on CD 21

Timing: everyother day

Typical LP length: not too sure. 10-11 days

Testing: i have been testing since 6dpo because I'm a glutton for punishment

R/R: I feel like garbage. I've been nauseous for 2 days. Vomitting. Cramping. I had thisnwith ds1 and ds2, but still BFN.  I don't care if AF rears her head just so long as k don't feel like shit.

CS/Q:

GTKY: I would make universal health care a standard across the board. 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/10

Timing: -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12ish

Testing: Saturday if AF doesn't show since that's when she's due according to FF, but I'm thinking she's going to, as I started spotting yesterday.

R/R: Ugh, have to take the dog to the groomer tomorrow. It's always a battle because he's smart, so as soon as he figures out where we're headed he freaks out. I always tell the groomer she can call me as soon as she's done so I can pick him up straightaway (I'm not even 5 minutes away). I've tried positive reinforcement and anti-anxiety medicines, but still no luck. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

CS/Q: None

GTKY: (Stolen from WTO) If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? I'm on the free healthcare bandwagon. And especially better/more readily available mental healthcare.

• @sparty18 Stranger hugs.

@ljmoon6 Yassss do it friend! I can't wait to hear about what recipes you are preparing soon. I love cooking so I would love to share recipes when you feel up to it. 

@quidditchcapn1120 It looks like you might be about to O. I would keep hio, starting tonight. I would def love to know what in the hell went on in your bedroom Saturday night! :dizzy:

@kaylaef Could you be a dear and put that trigger warning in a spoiler to protect the ladies here and keep it a safe space?

@chellisam That's a tough one. Is he a rescue? Have you tried grooming him yourself for a little while?

Month/Cycle: Yup

CD/DPO: 22/8 according to ff with a missed temp

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: 5/31

R/R: So busy ahhhhhhhhhh

CS/Q: Glad my temps are holding steady. I really think these supps are balancing things. 

Hmmmmmmm. Probably to ban adoption agencies from making exorbitant profits off of orphans. 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I'm currently in the lurking-to-get-familiar stage before I start trying to engage with the community. Lots of rules and I want to make sure I'm respectful of them.. Curious as to why you asked @kaylaef to put a TW in her post. Because she talked about getting sick? Insight would be helpful!
  • @nomangos23 *TW kids/pregnancy* Any mention of children is encouraged to be kept to the TFAS (trying for a sibling) threads unless completely necessary to the conversation. Also, mentioning of pregnancy or symptoms and asking the board, even in a round about way, or suggesting that you could be pregnant is against the TOU. Hope that helps, and Welcome!