January 2019 Moms

MBF 5/12

Monday Bitch Fest. Come to bitch. 

Re: MBF 5/12

• My FIL is still here. :( He and my husband have been watching Impractical Jokers practically nonstop. Our living room is right outside our bedroom and the cackling has gone on past 11 pm. I don't want to bitch at both of them to shut their asses up b/c he doesn't know I'm pregnant, but damn my husband should know I'm trying to sleep and to keep it down! I cannot wait until tomorrow night when my house is mine again. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked on Saturday. I don't feel like I should be here. I mean sure, I only came in for a few hours Saturday to catch up on some stuff but still. I wanted another day. I almost called in but there was no reason to. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @catlady2015 I hate that stupid show. My husband puts it on sometimes and I feel like I’m losing brain cells watching it. 
    And my FIL has been driving me crazy lately too. I post very few pictures of DD on Facebook (like there’s maybe ten total since she was born 10 mo ago) and every time I do, he takes them and does something dumb with them - FOR EXAMPLE I changed my profile pic last week and he took that pic, used photo editing to change brightness/contrast etc and then REPOSTED IT on my timeline like YOURE WELCOME (really it said “I wanted to see your bright faces” but I read a snarkier caption). Why does he not understand that it’s inappropriate to do that..? If you feel compelled to try to one-up my pictures (I mean “be helpful”) why not just send it in a message??? He’s done something weird with every single picture I’ve posted and he’s done this same thing several times. I should prob block him ...right? At what point does it become my fault for ignoring the inevitable?
  • I really need my daughter to take a nap today. She hasn’t taken one for the last three days and I really need that down time away from her.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    I found out that I was pregnant the day before I have to pull an all-nighter for a work shift. Bad timing to have to cut back on caffeine! 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @dubcompanion - this is where I admit I bought side panel maternity crops this weekend. I'm totally in the same boat - most of my shirts would show the hair tie trick and I really desperately needed something a little nicer and warmer than shorts or baggy old yoga pants that fit (thank GOD I still have some nicer drawstring shorts, nothing else fits). but it's all me and bloat and I feel so disgusting right now. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Oh god yes the bloat! I have actually lost 5+ pounds in the past week because MS is a true bitch, but yet all my clothes are tighter and I feel like I generally look gross in them. So, yay pregnancy?
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @dubcompanion Broke down and ordered a belly band last night at 6 weeks after being really uncomfortable sitting in unbuttoned but zippered pants all day.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in limbo with pants and shorts. I'm too damn bloated for my current size and there's no point in shopping for the next size up. And maternity bottoms aren't helpful for at least another month. So here I am, only 7 weeks pregnant, already wearing a belly band. (These pants are too tight with the hair-tie trick.) I have no baby bump; it's 100% me just slowly morphing into a whale. 
    I rocked a belly band a couple of times last week because comfy. Buttoning was doable but then it just squeezes everything up a bit more and why not use a belly band when it can flatter me a bit more? No shame in the belly band game. Own it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • There should be a new post about best maternity jeans/shorts recommendations. Last pregnancy I borrowed almost all my clothes from friends and i was not that pregnant in the summer so I didn’t get any warm weather clothes. Would love to know if ppl have any tried and true recommendations! 
  • @catlady2015 Thanks for reminding me side panels exists! First time around I just got the front kind, which will be way too warm in the summer IMO. Any recs on brand(s)? 
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt Girl we’re on the same wavelength
  • I put too much water in my Duncan Hines Strawberry Shortcake mug cake. 

Meimsx no more
  • I don't want to work this week. I want to stay home and clean my house.
  • Work has been super slow for months, so of course it changes to crazy busy the first month I know I'm pregnant.  I have so much to do, but all I want to do is nap. 

• edited May 2018
    There was a wreck causing me to take a detour on the way to my Pure Barre workout class this morning. I was 5 minutes late and had to miss the class. I woke up at 5 am for nothing  :|
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• eleven_eleven_ member
    I just got my BFP a couple days ago and I already feel like my pants are trying to squeeze me to death.

@duckie678 I feel the same way. I just want to go home and clean. 
    @saltedcaramel518 I would be LIVID! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @dubcompanion - I just went to motherhood maternity (there's an outlet store of theirs about 15 minutes from me) and found a super cute Indigo Blue pair (but they didn't have much selection for the side panels - most of it was the full panel). I did buy a pair of the full panel and rolled them down so it's more like a yoga pants waistband and I'm doing OK with that. 

I see Old Navy has a few side panel options as well (of course I think that's just online only). I haven't gotten to look anywhere else yet. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • mrsmangmrsmang member
    I have to say, I brought a pair of jeans on vacation that got wonderfully stretched out. I’m now trying to figure out how long I can really make it it before I wash them again, because I know they’ll shrink up and get way too tight once I do. I know it’s gonna get past socially acceptable, but maybe Febreze can make it ok a little longer??  Eek!!
  • mrsmang said:
    I have to say, I brought a pair of jeans on vacation that got wonderfully stretched out. I’m now trying to figure out how long I can really make it it before I wash them again, because I know they’ll shrink up and get way too tight once I do. I know it’s gonna get past socially acceptable, but maybe Febreze can make it ok a little longer??  Eek!!
    Have you tried washing them and letting them air dry?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pttomatopttomato member
    edited May 2018
    All my maternity clothes from DD are either business casual or summer clothes. I really need some new pants but I don't want to buy regular ones I won't be able to wear very long. I might have to break down and go maternity clothes shopping. With DD I didn't buy anything until I was like 20 weeks, so it still seems way too early.
  • @galactickates - yes! I tried to see if it was part of the product spotlight and I got told I didn't have permission to see the schedule. :( 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited May 2018
    Oh oops i'm on mobile at the moment I'll try to fix that

Ok,  I updated the link. Try it and let me know if it works.   It looks like maternity clothes is in July but we can start it now.  It was just a template from a past bmb. 
  • The phlebotomist who drew my blood last week left a half dollar size bruise on my bicep. It hurts every time I accidentally touch it against something. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @galactickates yes, please, let's start one. I was still active duty military with our DS so it was easy to put on a maternity uniform every day. Now I'm a civilian working for the government. I need business casual and business professional attire. 
  • Literally just want to lay in bed and do nothing. This is the first week of my daughters summer vacation (yay, not) and I’m suffering from a man cold. Just a regular cold/sinus infection, but I’m responding to it like a man would, in the most dramatic fashion :neutral:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm annoyed that I can't get a doctor appointment sooner. I don't see the OB until 9 weeks and my Endo until 10 weeks. I know that's normal but I feel like I'm completely on my own to manage my blood sugar and diet. I have done it before with DD, but not in the first trimester so I don't know how to deal with things like how to monitor my blood sugar if I need to eat more often than every 2 hours, or if I can't keep up my diet with morning sickness.  Last time I pretty much had to eat keto to stay within my targets until they prescribed me insulin and I really, really don't want to have to do that again, I'd rather start insulin earlier.
  • I worked for an hour today and I started bleeding again. My SCH is larger than normal and I'm thinking I may not be able to work at all this week. I have another ultrasound on friday to determine if it's going away at all. 
  • kaf1788kaf1788 member
    I just started a new job internally in January and now I’ve been reorged and am basically on my own gearing up for a bunch of summer deliverables I’ve never worked on before that are way above my pay grade.I would probably start looking for jobs elsewhere but I get great maternity leave here so I’m basically being held captive until the baby comes 
  • *tw*

I have to find a new OB, I don’t like how my current one handled my miscarriage in December and I’ve moved since having my last two kiddos. 

Why is it so hard finding someone good?! 
  • I had to pick up my car and I’m waiting. And I’m so hungry/nauseous.
  • @sparkymcgeee my husband ate my leftover chipotle the other night I was so mad. His defense was "I thought you saved it for me " 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pregnant women don’t save food for other people!

Meimsx no more
  • All the cute toddler girl clothes at H&M are sold out in size 2-3y. Ugh! Sorry, DD. Not like she cared or anything but